Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
Are you kidding me? Really knit picking aren't you? You don't think he includes himself when referring to coaches? I'm pretty sure he's used the word "we" when referring to the coaches on multiple occasions. Secondly, you can criticize him all you want. I think he deserves some for sure. But I'm not the kind who gives a man only 2 years(including a crappy Covid practice year) and ready to fire him because things aren't going great. JoMo was my exception, because it was on obvious he had lost the team. But no, he's not above criticism and if there is no improvement next year his seat will certainly be warmer for me.
We hired a 60 year old coach set in his ways and will not adapt and thinks this system will. work no matter what. Want some insight... here you go. Only film he watches is us, he says the AR is simple but demands reps, so all we do is rep... we don't game plan for other teams we just rep and rep and rep... this a damn SEC school and at practice we rep against sometimes.... yep....AIR...
Something else that needs brought up. In all ML stops he has not once added or adapted plays... yep in 20 years as a HC he is running the same plays and system he did in 2000....20 years. Also out of his coaching tree, he considers non of those coashes as AR coaches and therefore doesn't look to them for ways to improve. Those coaches, holgerson, Riley, Briles, and Kingsberry all have adapted cause they know the true AR is a dinosaur.. we are seeing how bad it really is against sec defense. And now we see a crusty old man stuck in his ways passing the blame to others coaches and players... sound familiar. Don't get me started on recruiting. By all means flame away but this is what's happening to our program right now.