Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mike Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Are you kidding me? Really knit picking aren't you? You don't think he includes himself when referring to coaches? I'm pretty sure he's used the word "we" when referring to the coaches on multiple occasions. Secondly, you can criticize him all you want. I think he deserves some for sure. But I'm not the kind who gives a man only 2 years(including a crappy Covid practice year) and ready to fire him because things aren't going great. JoMo was my exception, because it was on obvious he had lost the team. But no, he's not above criticism and if there is no improvement next year his seat will certainly be warmer for me.
    We hired a 60 year old coach set in his ways and will not adapt and thinks this system will. work no matter what. Want some insight... here you go. Only film he watches is us, he says the AR is simple but demands reps, so all we do is rep... we don't game plan for other teams we just rep and rep and rep... this a damn SEC school and at practice we rep against sometimes.... yep....AIR...
    Something else that needs brought up. In all ML stops he has not once added or adapted plays... yep in 20 years as a HC he is running the same plays and system he did in 2000....20 years. Also out of his coaching tree, he considers non of those coashes as AR coaches and therefore doesn't look to them for ways to improve. Those coaches, holgerson, Riley, Briles, and Kingsberry all have adapted cause they know the true AR is a dinosaur.. we are seeing how bad it really is against sec defense. And now we see a crusty old man stuck in his ways passing the blame to others coaches and players... sound familiar. Don't get me started on recruiting. By all means flame away but this is what's happening to our program right now.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    IMO, the fault is on Cohen because of what 77 just laid out. If Leach doesn?t work out, it?s on Cohen. What makes us think Leach would change now if he never has?we can?t hire a coach that has always done the same thing and then get mad when he doesn?t change. A track record has been established.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    We hired a 60 year old coach set in his ways and will not adapt and thinks this system will. work no matter what. Want some insight... here you go. Only film he watches is us, he says the AR is simple but demands reps, so all we do is rep... we don't game plan for other teams we just rep and rep and rep... this a damn SEC school and at practice we rep against sometimes.... yep....AIR...
    Something else that needs brought up. In all ML stops he has not once added or adapted plays... yep in 20 years as a HC he is running the same plays and system he did in 2000....20 years. Also out of his coaching tree, he considers non of those coashes as AR coaches and therefore doesn't look to them for ways to improve. Those coaches, holgerson, Riley, Briles, and Kingsberry all have adapted cause they know the true AR is a dinosaur.. we are seeing how bad it really is against sec defense. And now we see a crusty old man stuck in his ways passing the blame to others coaches and players... sound familiar. Don't get me started on recruiting. By all means flame away but this is what's happening to our program right now.
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that. Like I said, he's not above criticism. But it's not like we didn't know this when hiring him. What you just laid out sounds like a hiring problem to me. But you are still wrong about him not taking blame, which is what you were originally taking about. Now you've morphed into scheme and running a program, which I agree a lot with you.

vCash
    Get to 6 and continue the bowl streak. Thats what matters for him this season.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    IMO, the fault is on Cohen because of what 77 just laid out. If Leach doesn?t work out, it?s on Cohen. What makes us think Leach would change now if he never has?we can?t hire a coach that has always done the same thing and then get mad when he doesn?t change. A track record has been established.
    I agree. What else can we expect. He believes in tons of reps. I'm sure he doesn't believe it running like a sewing machine right now either. And you know what, he may never get the players to run it either, because we are always an average recruiter no matter the coach. Until that changes, expect similar results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Get to 6 and continue the bowl streak. Thats what matters for him this season.
    Yeah you got to show steady improvement. We will see if that happens.

vCash
    I agree. What else can we expect. He believes in tons of reps. I'm sure he doesn't believe it running like a sewing machine right now either. And you know what, he may never get the players to run it either, because we are always an average recruiter no matter the coach. Until that changes, expect similar results.
    You also have to understand the talent gap between 200-09 Big 12 and 13-18 pac 12 compared to the SEC. hell he lost to Eastern Washington and Portland state at WSU. But yeah. Hell of coach! You can now add Memphis to his list of teams he loses to as well

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    When Leach came to prominence, teams were still running the ball the majority of the time. He was an anomaly airing it out. Now, everyone throws it around. Defenses are built to defend the pass. LB aren?t just run stoppers anymore.

vCash
    Are you kidding me? Really knit picking aren't you? You don't think he includes himself when referring to coaches? I'm pretty sure he's used the word "we" when referring to the coaches on multiple occasions. Secondly, you can criticize him all you want. I think he deserves some for sure. But I'm not the kind who gives a man only 2 years(including a crappy Covid practice year) and ready to fire him because things aren't going great. JoMo was my exception, because it was on obvious he had lost the team. But no, he's not above criticism and if there is no improvement next year his seat will certainly be warmer for me.
    Start listening at 2:05. how is the world can you not say he is not including himself in this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsmtBj0Fdw

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. Our defense has been equally as bad as our offense or hell I'll say it- worse. They suck at tackling. Our safeties just somehow leave people wide open. How many 50 yard plus touchdowns have we allowed this year? We have no pass rush. Watson, Emerson, and Jett Johnson who everyone bashes are our only consistent players.
    When teams drop back to throw the ball, I assume and are quickly proven correct, their receivers are wide open, behind our guys, or both almost every play. We simply do not play tight defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You also have to understand the talent gap between 200-09 Big 12 and 13-18 pac 12 compared to the SEC. hell he lost to Eastern Washington and Portland state at WSU. But yeah. Hell of coach! You can now add Memphis to his list of teams he loses to as well
    I haven't called him a "hell of a coach" by any means. That loss sucked and shouldn't have happened. We played crappy, but you have to credit him for NC State and aTm. I think you and I are closer to the same feelings about Leach than you think. I said in first post I'm still on the fence right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. Our defense has been equally as bad as our offense or hell I'll say it- worse. They suck at tackling. Our safeties just somehow leave people wide open. How many 50 yard plus touchdowns have we allowed this year? We have no pass rush. Watson, Emerson, and Jett Johnson who everyone bashes are our only consistent players.
    I agree. Seems blitzing is the only way we can put pressure on the QB and when we do, it leaves somebody open. When you have a QB with a quick release like the Alabama QB, you will more than likely get burned. Pretty clear that out safety's are having a lot of problems keeping up with speedy W/R's. One of them especially doesn't tackle very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Start listening at 2:05. how is the world can you not say he is not including himself in this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsmtBj0Fdw
    I heard us and we an awful lot and none of them and they when referring to coaches.