Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm in this camp. I hate the offense. I can't be objective about Leach. I don't think he's the right guy for us.
    Me too Hoops! I?m just letting it all play out until it?s time to hire someone else. I don?t even get upset, bc I have no expectations of success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Yesterday?s loss wasn?t about Leach or Saban ?it was about the Jimmy?s and the Joe?s. Usually the team that has superior athletes win, true in any sport. Nobddy has better players than Alabama. Who,thinks a Coach can take over a program and completely change the style of play and be successful in 1 year in the SEC west? Just a couple weeks ago everyone was loving Sam Pittman, now 3 loses in a row, he doesn?t look so great. What about ole Dan. Left us to go to a big time program, his ass is now sucking wind. Give Leach some time and then love him or crucify him. The potential , I can see it. Shit, we?ve beaten A&M and NC State. Get on board and see what can happen.

We know Leach wins if given time. Remember When John Cohen came , he was always a winner. But It took Him time to turn us around. The same whinny ass fans were wanting to fire Him. Guess what ?he got us in a National Championship game. Let?s at least see how,this season turn out.
    I am all about giving Leach the entire year before making a decision. However, Cohen took over a roster that had no balance and was mostly devoid of SEC level talent. This is not even close to what Cohen had to deal with. In those first two years, we had a right fielder that came in to close a game against a good Ole Miss team. Normally that isn't a huge deal but that RF was a redshirt senior who hadn't pitched in 5 years. That was our roster at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Look. I get why people are upset.
    But here’s the thing for me. We executed like shit. But that is a well disciplined team that gives effort. And to go from the two years prior to now is an improvement
    I don't see the great discipline

vCash
    The biggest issue with Leach is he lacks humility. He rarely places blame on himself and is yet to realize that he is not putting our players in the best position to succeed. We have been out coached in every game but two this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The biggest issue with Leach is he lacks humility. He rarely places blame on himself and is yet to realize that he is not putting our players in the best position to succeed. We have been out coached in every game but two this year.
    ^^^ THIS is the camp I'm in
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Hey I'm not really happy either right now, but every postgame interview I've seen this year(haven't seen Bama) he's said he has to coach better every single time. Im still on the fence right now and I think the man at least deserves proper time, but I think he better learn to adapt a some to put the ball in the endzone(especially in the redzone).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Hey I'm not really happy either right now, but every postgame interview I've seen this year(haven't seen Bama) he's said he has to coach better every single time. Im still on the fence right now and I think the man at least deserves proper time, but I think he better learn to adapt a some to put the ball in the endzone(especially in the redzone).
    We have a tough time running the ball, especially in the red zone, and that makes it difficult for us to score touchdowns.

vCash
    I'm not sure what he means by that. I think it is just coach speak. If he means it then do something about it. Change something. Saban came up with a new D to play us, what has he done in 25 years? Not changed a thing. He doesn't change anything in game either. You will never win anywhere like the SEC if you don't change long term and in game. Too much good coaching and players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'm not sure what he means by that. I think it is just coach speak. If he means it then do something about it. Change something. Saban came up with a new D to play us, what has he done in 25 years? Not changed a thing. He doesn't change anything in game either. You will never win anywhere like the SEC if you don't change long term and in game. Too much good coaching and players.
    I agree. I think he needs to adapt some, especially in the redzone. We have to have some kind of power play on goal line and other plays to get us in. Right now, we might as well take a penalty if we get inside the 15 to give us room to operate, because our success rate on TDs is pathetic inside the 10 or 15. I figured we would at least try all kinds rub routes and pick plays down there to at least get a guy open(and maybe we do and I just can't see it on tv or we really suck at it), I mean it's not like it's hard to draw up something and add new wrinkles. Heck we did it in high school. We would create new plays or put in different wrinkles each week based on film. Can't be that hard for an offensive "genius" like him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    We have a tough time running the ball, especially in the red zone, and that makes it difficult for us to score touchdowns.
    Well we don't really try it enough or have enough plays in the arsenal right now. And sadly, probably never will. If we would just hit the back out of the backfield on the first read instead of the last sometimes, that would at least be like a toss sweep. But instead we wait till he's 20 yards away and fling it out there right in front of defenders to get him killed after he's gone through all the progressions. Our RBs should have a lot more routes than just that one(sometimes they turn it into a wheel but very seldom).
    Last edited by Bdawg; 10-18-2021 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Some people hardly posted after the tamu win. They have been licking their chops for this this Bama beat down. What a miserable way to live.
    It's sad, but that's got be pretty much the norm on ED now. Some come out of the woodwork so they can post negative things on our athletic programs, and/or they post to feed their agendas.

vCash
    Well we don't really try it enough or have enough plays in the arsenal right now. And sadly, probably never will. If we would just hit the back out of the backfield on the first read instead of the last sometimes, that would at least be like a toss sweep. But instead we wait till he's 20 yards away and fling it out there right in front of defenders to get him killed after he's gone through all the progressions. Our RBs should have a lot more routs than just that one(sometimes they turn it into a wheel but very seldom).
    I watched a lot of Washington state games over the summer and they were successfull in the red zone because they ran it better. I think our lineman are getting the pass blocking every play down but they struggle going back to the run blocking mentality on run plays. So I think red zone woes will be cured with better running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I watched a lot of Washington state games over the summer and they were successfull in the red zone because they ran it better. I think our lineman are getting the pass blocking every play down but they struggle going back to the run blocking mentality on run plays. So I think red zone woes will be cured with better running.
    What you are missing is that they were going against Pac-12 defenses instead of SEC defenses. It's like buying a chevrolet vs a toyota.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What you are missing is that they were going against Pac-12 defenses instead of SEC defenses. It's like buying a chevrolet vs a toyota.
    Yep. But why do we struggle with run blocking it seems? Just don't practice it? Hell it ain't hard. Fire off and push the hell out of people in front of you!!! They been doing it ever since they were playing football. Our guys should be big and strong enough to move some SEC Dlinemen out of the way.

vCash
    Slanting into and shooting gaps with big splits. When defenses do it on the goal line or short yardage it kills us. When the sit back and only rush 4 in those situations we run it fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Fair point but my point was that their lineman were better at staying low on their run blocking plays. Our lineman stand straight up on run plays.

vCash
    In my 50ish years of watching bulldog football, I’ve seen the same mistakes and such happening no matter who the coach is or what ever scheme we are running. Could it just be the Indian curse?
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Yeah, I agree. That is one of the first things he said is that the staff has to reach these kids.

vCash
    Actually he says coaches have to coach better not him. God for bid someone questioning the great Mike Leach and his Air Raid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Actually he says coaches have to coach better not him. God for bid someone questioning the great Mike Leach and his Air Raid.
    Are you kidding me? Really knit picking aren't you? You don't think he includes himself when referring to coaches? I'm pretty sure he's used the word "we" when referring to the coaches on multiple occasions. Secondly, you can criticize him all you want. I think he deserves some for sure. But I'm not the kind who gives a man only 2 years(including a crappy Covid practice year) and ready to fire him because things aren't going great. JoMo was my exception, because it was on obvious he had lost the team. But no, he's not above criticism and if there is no improvement next year his seat will certainly be warmer for me.