Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Leach

vCash

Mike Leach

I think there is a large percentage of fans who are enamored or star struck that we have Leach as our coach.
    Remove the name and look at our program? Would you still feel the way you do?
    Also, can we drop the young narrative? These guys played last year and most of the guys we have are older. I'm sick of well we are young...

vCash
    Bbbbbbut when we're 5-7, 2 of those 5 wins will be over A&M and NC State!**

Yeah, and those teams will be saying "how tf did we lose to those scrubs...how embarrassing"

vCash
    The overreact on this board when we win or lose is astonishing.

vCash
    Fan is short fanatic, so, what would you expect.

vCash
    I listened to about 7-8 minutes of JoelColemans pod cast interview of Leach. It seems some are most interested in getting a funny quip, or cool key west story rather than learn what we can do to build a football program.

Leach may be serious AF about football behind the scenes. However I do wonder often how much the laid back demeanor trickles down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The overreact on this board when we win or lose is astonishing.
    Yeah, it's the absolute loathing of Leach and the Air Raid. We lost to a Bama team that was embarrassed by a team we beat. They weren't losing this game. Not even close. It sucks but it is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, it's the absolute loathing of Leach and the Air Raid. We lost to a Bama team that was embarrassed by a team we beat. They weren't losing this game. Not even close. It sucks but it is what it is.
    I'm in this camp. I hate the offense. I can't be objective about Leach. I don't think he's the right guy for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm in this camp. I hate the offense. I can't be objective about Leach. I don't think he's the right guy for us.
    Thank you for your honesty. Leach might not be the guy but I'm willing to give him a couple of seasons to get his kind of offensive guys in and Will more experience. Firing Mike Leach after two seasons is just retarded. If we go 5-7 next season, yeah, I'm on the next guy bandwagon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Thank you for your honesty. Leach might not be the guy but I'm willing to give him a couple of seasons to get his kind of offensive guys in and Will more experience. Firing Mike Leach after two seasons is just retarded. If we go 5-7 next season, yeah, I'm on the next guy bandwagon.
    He can beat saban. I saw enough in the first half to make me believe. He doesn’t have the horses. And he’s only going to have the horses if we go buy them for him. I don’t like the scheme personally. But, I saw enough to show me it will work. And this scheme is sabans Achilles heal. We need to spend the majority of our money on defense, obviously. We’re only talking having to buy 3 really good players on O. Two Michael Crabtree’s and one bad ass gunslinger.

We’re stuck with Leach for a few years. Might as well put up the money and see what we can do. And in the grand scheme of things, having to only buy 3 is pretty cheap.

vCash
    Second this. Since even when the rumors started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    He can beat saban. I saw enough in the first half to make me believe. He doesn?t have the horses. And he?s only going to have the horses if we go buy them for him. I don?t like the scheme personally. But, I saw enough to show me it will work. And this scheme is sabans Achilles heal. We need to spend the majority of our money on defense, obviously. We?re only talking having to buy 3 really good players on O. Two Michael Crabtree?s and one bad ass gunslinger.

We?re stuck with Leach for a few years. Might as well put up the money and see what we can do. And in the grand scheme of things, having to only buy 3 is pretty cheap.
    What did he show you? Share it with me because I don?t see it. We?ve lost by 40 the last 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    What did he show you? Share it with me because I don?t see it. We?ve lost by 40 the last 2 years.
    Watch the film. The scheme works. Execution was lacking. Hence, we need better talent. The Xs and Os is not the problem.

vCash
    It's not that we got beat by Bama, it's how. It's losing to Memphis almost losing to LA Tech.
    This system was supposed negate the talent difference against more talented teams, but it also negated that when you play teams with less talent.
    It's not a fit here. Those of you who are willing to give it a couple of years are blinded by well it's worked everywhere else just be patient. 17 that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Watch the film. The scheme works. Execution was lacking. Hence, we need better talent. The Xs and Os is not the problem.
    I think we could have run 40 plays in the red zone and still not scored a TD. Saban easily destroyed the scheme.

vCash
    Yesterday’s loss wasn’t about Leach or Saban —it was about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. Usually the team that has superior athletes win, true in any sport. Nobddy has better players than Alabama. Who,thinks a Coach can take over a program and completely change the style of play and be successful in 1 year in the SEC west? Just a couple weeks ago everyone was loving Sam Pittman, now 3 loses in a row, he doesn’t look so great. What about ole Dan. Left us to go to a big time program, his ass is now sucking wind. Give Leach some time and then love him or crucify him. The potential , I can see it. Shit, we’ve beaten A&M and NC State. Get on board and see what can happen.

We know Leach wins if given time. Remember When John Cohen came , he was always a winner. But It took Him time to turn us around. The same whinny ass fans were wanting to fire Him. Guess what —he got us in a National Championship game. Let’s at least see how,this season turn out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    It's not that we got beat by Bama, it's how. It's losing to Memphis almost losing to LA Tech.
    This system was supposed negate the talent difference against more talented teams, but it also negated that when you play teams with less talent.
    It's not a fit here. Those of you who are willing to give it a couple of years are blinded by well it's worked everywhere else just be patient. 17 that
    I get it. We don’t have a choice. We’re stuck with him for two more years. I don’t like the scheme and cringed the day we hired him. But, let’s give him some semblance of talent before we run him off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    This isn't Texas or Pac 10 7 0n 7 football. You have to have a running threat to take the heat off the QB. That is just a plain fact for SEC football.

vCash
    I think we could have run 40 plays in the red zone and still not scored a TD. Saban easily destroyed the scheme.
    I pulled up the stats at the end of the first half. Yeah, I know. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Execution is the problem. And that comes down to talent.

If you’re going to create another 1980 and end the dynasty, you’re going to have to do it with a guy like Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I listened to about 7-8 minutes of JoelColemans pod cast interview of Leach. It seems some are most interested in getting a funny quip, or cool key west story rather than learn what we can do to build a football program.

Leach may be serious AF about football behind the scenes. However I do wonder often how much the laid back demeanor trickles down.
    My friends and I said the same thing during the off week. Do you think Saban sits around and waste time giving detailed answers about what meal he would eat if he had to eat it the rest of his life? How about what Netflix shows he likes and which coaches would be characters in those shows? Saban would kick you out of his office for stupid questions like that. Yes, it's entertaining, but SEC football needs someone obsessed with football, preparing, and recruiting.

I think football is just one of Leach's many hobbies, plain and simple. Admirable in real life but unfortunately it doesn't work in major college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This isn't Texas or Pac 10 7 0n 7 football. You have to have a running threat to take the heat off the QB. That is just a plain fact for SEC football.
    Man. I 100% agree with this. But. We are where we are.