Thread: You?re no daisy

vCash

Youre no daisy

As I sift through the ashes of the scorched turf that we so lovingly refer to as Scott Field, it?s difficult to find much to grasp to. In using the AirRaid, we were raided and not just beaten, but demolished. It?s games like this that cause not only the national sports media, but also our fans to believe that we win fluke games. That we catch teams- NCSTATE, TAMU, etc- on bad days. Our wins aren?t legitimate, but the product of other team?s mess ups.
    I?m not certain that I can disagree with that sentiment this morning. We were handled last night. Alabama beats everyone- that?s just a fact, but the game last night felt different. We didn?t dish punches, but stood there smiling while having our faces caved in. We used to be a tough win even for really good teams. A team you hated to play because of the physical cost of claiming your win. Now we are a team others are hoping they don?t have a bad day against.
    MSU, you?re no daisy, why, you?re no daisy at all.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 10-17-2021 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    As I sift through the ashes of the scorched turf that we so lovingly refer to as Scott Field, it?s difficult to find much to grasp to. In using the AirRaid, we were raided and not just beaten, but demolished. It?s games like this that cause not only the national sports media, but also our fans to believe that we win fluke games. That we catch teams- NCSTATE, TAMU, etc- on bad days. Our wins aren?t legitimate, but the product of other team?s mess ups.
    I?m not certain that I can disagree with that sentiment this morning. We were handled last night. Alabama beats everyone- that?s just a fact, but the game last night felt different. We didn?t dish punches, but stood there smiling while having our faces caved in. We used to be a tough win even for really good teams. A team you hated to play because of the physical cost of claiming your win. Now we are a team others are hoping they don?t have a bad day against.
    MSU, you?re no daisy, why, you?re no daisy at all.
    Yep, we're soft. When you become a one dimensional finesse team, you lose toughness. We are a powder puff. I used to at least like when teams said they hated playing us bc they would be sore for a week win lose or draw....now they're well rested bc they don't have much contact, and most get to rest the second half.

vCash
    We are headed back to being everyone's homecoming opponent (assuming we haven't already reached that plateau).
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Still games to be played but I don't see us reaching 6 wins and Ole Miss is going to skull drag us. Our recruiting is average at best and we have a coach who's pretty much mailed it in at this point in his career. It's a tough year anyway you look at it and there's no reason to think we will be any more than an average team next year either. Cohen screwed up two coaching choices in a row and we're paying the price and there's still a big balance left.

Banned
    vCash
    Time to go to a Jim Jones Retreat and sip some kool-aid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yep, we're soft. When you become a one dimensional finesse team, you lose toughness. We are a powder puff. I used to at least like when teams said they hated playing us bc they would be sore for a week win lose or draw....now they're well rested bc they don't have much contact, and most get to rest the second half.
    As I said before..... We can't even sniff a targeting penalty because we're so soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Time to go to a Jim Jones Retreat and sip some kool-aid.
    😂 save me a cup of Orange.😂
    If we gotta drink from this cup, gotta find enjoyment where we can.