Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flame away

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Of course it will not work. It is a complete embarrassment. The entire program needs a thorough renovation.
    I don't blame ML for taking the job. I blame John Cohen for making the hire and I blame Mark Keenum for promoting a baseball coach to the AD of an SEC school.
    Read that last sentence again and realize it's 2021 not 1981.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    There is better coaches out there than Mullen. I think his next stop is the NFL or a golf course. Our immediate need is a Athletic Director. We dont need Cohen hiring another football coach.
    Most accurate post of the weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I just don't see us competing in the Sec with this one dimensional non scoring offense. Stats are worthless when you get your ass handed to you.
    The system is laughable in 2021. It's a joke. A team with the talent of Alabama dropping 8 superior athletes into coverage and Leach is still trying to throw it every down?! It's a joke and the jokes on us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I just don't see us competing in the Sec with this one dimensional non scoring offense. Stats are worthless when you get your ass handed to you.
    Be careful thats sacrilege to some on here, Gun.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    One of which is Hugh Freeze in my opinion. I doubt he would be acceptable to our fan base, though.
    I've said it before and will say it again. If MSU ever hires Hugh Freeze, I am done with the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Danny boy is what 0-11 against Saban?
    Dan might be shit canned before Leach. He for sure has another whipping coming.. the Gators fired their last Coach because he could only Win 10 games a year. See you Mullen?I don?t want his ass back.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I don't give one ******* **** about our football team any more. Until they start to win on a regular basis, all my time, money and support goes to baseball. Maybe basketball. I dont ****ing care about our football team. They are lazy and have no direction.
    Win on a regular basis means win every game ever, no exceptions. This is such a tired gripe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I've said it before and will say it again. If MSU ever hires Hugh Freeze, I am done with the program.
    A few more beatdowns like we saw last night and we're going to have lots of people done with the program regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Dan might be shit canned before Leach. He for sure has another whipping coming.. the Gators fired their last Coach because he could only Win 10 games a year. See you Mullen?I don?t want his ass back.
    Dan isn't doing much better than McElwain did there .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Of course. Almost no MSU fans wanted Mullen to leave until it became apparent that Mullen wanted to leave. He didn't think he could win a championship at MSU. I hope he never does at UF.
    I agree.

vCash
    I'd take Dan back in a red hot minute over the shit we've seen with the last two hires. Give me Dan and a physical style of play, over a coach whose style is to go ahead and give defenses the one dimensional aspect they're wanting to force you in to.

Especially if we're going to keep hiring coaches that we know give us no real shot at the West. Might as well guarantee a bowl and an occasional 9-10 win season with Mullen. Since our expectations as a fan base is now to just be 6-6 it appears, based on most of the comments here. Dan will give us that plus some
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 10-17-2021 at 11:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Win on a regular basis means win every game ever, no exceptions. This is such a tired gripe.
    and the griping will continue.thats what BBs are for.

vCash
    If Saddawg didn?t already own the moniker, I'd definitely use it. This has all been so predictably awful. Our AD should be a baseball GM. He has no business being an AD. He's 17d up every hire that isn't baseball. He inherited Howland, who has us back to being a bubble team. But hiring Leach was dumb on a completely different level. If no other SEC school ever seriously considered hiring Leach in the last 20 years, why did Cohen actually hire him? It defies all good sense.

vCash
    Because he miffed on several others to begin with. Then he panicked and overpaid Leech. And he was tired of running around all over the country trying to find someone who was willing to take the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Because he miffed on several others to begin with. Then he panicked and overpaid Leech. And he was tired of running around all over the country trying to find someone who was willing to take the job.
    Sounds about right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'd take Dan back in a red hot minute over the shit we've seen with the last two hires. Give me Dan and a physical style of play, over a coach whose style is to go ahead and give defenses the one dimensional aspect they're wanting to force you in to.

Especially if we're going to keep hiring coaches that we know give us no real shot at the West. Might as well guarantee a bowl and an occasional 9-10 win season with Mullen. Since our expectations as a fan base is now to just be 6-6 it appears, based on most of the comments here. Dan will give us that plus some
    How many real shots have we had at the west since there has been a west? And how many coaches have we had in that time?

Our problem is the quality of the talent we can realistically get to accept to come to MSU. Name 5 coaches you believe could get better players and also ask yourself if you believe MSU could hire any of those coaches.

Other than that, who would you like to get to try their style of coaching with the players we can get to come to school at MSU?

vCash
    My post to CD is an open question to all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Our head coach doesn't recruit or really watch film of the other team. He doesn't make adjustments. He's married to his system and he's on the downcycle of his career. It's not a good situation.
    This is the best summation of the situation I have read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

I’d let 34 coach state before I sneezed towards Mullen. He will manny Diaz us so hard we will forget who manny Diaz was. He can take his his play calling board eating face anywhere but State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    If Saddawg didn?t already own the moniker, I'd definitely use it. This has all been so predictably awful. Our AD should be a baseball GM. He has no business being an AD. He's 17d up every hire that isn't baseball. He inherited Howland, who has us back to being a bubble team. But hiring Leach was dumb on a completely different level. If no other SEC school ever seriously considered hiring Leach in the last 20 years, why did Cohen actually hire him? It defies all good sense.
    Tennessee almost hired Leach when Dan jilted them for Florida.