Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Riad 8 Qtrs vs AlaBama, ZERO TDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We'll beat vandy and tn st for sure. Out of Kentucky, ark, auburn, and OM, I say we get 1, so 6-6
    Just get me to 6-6 and I'll take it after the debacle to Memphis. I thought we were 5-7 6-6 before the year started and had Memphis as a win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just get me to 6-6 and I'll take it after the debacle to Memphis. I thought we were 5-7 6-6 before the year started and had Memphis as a win
    6-6 is a good season, I agree. I won't be disappointed at all with that

vCash
    Sounds like we're actually on the same page.

vCash
    Most thought 6-6 with this schedule was the floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I didn't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Was this directed at me?
    Nope but I can't wait to read his Sunday Morning commentary/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That's not the impression that I get when I look at the preseason prediction threads...

vCash
    I'd be on board with this rebrand, offense if leach was stacking up 4 star QBs and wrs. But he isn't.

Throw the ball. Run it. Whatever. You better get some players in here. Otherwise, we are stuck with a roster of 3 star wrs and QBs in 3 years and screwed for years.

I'm so pissed. We were sold the "air raid." Its garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I'd be on board with this rebrand, offense if leach was stacking up 4 star QBs and wrs. But he isn't.

Throw the ball. Run it. Whatever. You better get some players in here. Otherwise, we are stuck with a roster of 3 star wrs and QBs in 3 years and screwed for years.

I'm so pissed. We were sold the "air raid." Its garbage.
    But isn't this what we have done all along? Have a bunch of 3 stars and no stars and keep "believing" that some miracle will happen. Whether we pound the ground or raid the air, it doesn't matter, we are not breaking through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    But isn't this what we have done all along? Have a bunch of 3 stars and no stars and keep "believing" that some miracle will happen. Whether we pound the ground or raid the air, it doesn't matter, we are not breaking through.
    Yeah. Mississippi State is what it is. There is 40 years (at least) of proof in the modern era. However in those 40 years we've been much more competitive with Alabama and others doing it the "old way".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yeah. Mississippi State is what it is. There is 40 years (at least) of proof in the modern era. However in those 40 years we've been much more competitive with Alabama and others doing it the "old way".
    Have we though? We haven't beaten Alabama since 2007 and have only come close in 2014 and 2017. We've beaten them 7 times in the last 60+ years, but only the 1980 and 1996 Alabama teams were any good at all. We just can't judge a coach by how he does against Alabama - it's always going to be very bad until something changes with how talent is distributed.

Mullen beat 3 teams that finished ranked in 9 years, Moorhead once in 2 years (though that one really is more of a credit to what Mullen left behind). We'll see how this year ends up, but it's probably going to be at least 2 in Leach's second year alone.

That's not nearly enough of a sample size for any conclusions, but it's possible to make a case that the air raid is showing some early signs of changing what's "normal" for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    This is what I have been saying ad nauseum. Until this school gets serious about football recruiting nothing will really change. Probably will get worse as all other SEC programs up their ante but we stay the same. This administration has no real plan or vision for football recruiting. We need a change in compliance and AD but we will have to have a change at President first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is what I have been saying ad nauseum. Until this school gets serious about football recruiting nothing will really change. Probably will get worse as all other SEC programs up their ante but we stay the same. This administration has no real plan or vision for football recruiting. We need a change in compliance and AD but we will have to have a change at President first.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgology again.

vCash
    If you ever want Mississippi State to beat Saban, you have to do what Ole Miss did and buy/add about 12-15 blue chip recruits to your roster. Then you have to have a quarterback, a real one, and a quick strike vertical passing offense.

vCash
    We beat aTm with the offense we had, and we didn't lose to lesser teams much at all
    Mullen should be available soon.

vCash
    '18, and I doubt it. We shouldn't base anything on bama game though
    Yet, here you are, bitching we lost to bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Have we though? We haven't beaten Alabama since 2007 and have only come close in 2014 and 2017. We've beaten them 7 times in the last 60+ years, but only the 1980 and 1996 Alabama teams were any good at all. We just can't judge a coach by how he does against Alabama - it's always going to be very bad until something changes with how talent is distributed.

Mullen beat 3 teams that finished ranked in 9 years, Moorhead once in 2 years (though that one really is more of a credit to what Mullen left behind). We'll see how this year ends up, but it's probably going to be at least 2 in Leach's second year alone.

That's not nearly enough of a sample size for any conclusions, but it's possible to make a case that the air raid is showing some early signs of changing what's "normal" for us.
    Of those 7 times, what kind of teams were they? This years version of Bama is one of Sabans most vulnerable and air raid got destroyed.

Agree can't judge everything just off Bama.

On the talent thing, unless we become a power, we ain't getting Bama talent - no one is. But a few years ago, NFL top 100 players were ranked and MSU was 4th most of college schools. So we may not have had recruiting titles like so many want. I don't care, that is what OM wants. We have produced some talent to win and compete.

You also can't just judge on end of year rankings. Teams change, get worse, get better. We've beaten lots of good teams the only way MSU can. We can do it again too.

vCash
    I didn't
    Wait, so let me get this straight.....If I went in to this season thinking we were shit, and we turned out to be shit....that's a "good" thing since they met my expectations?

Am I understanding y'all correctly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Wait, so let me get this straight.....If I went in to this season thinking we were shit, and we turned out to be shit....that's a "good" thing since they met my expectations?

Am I understanding y'all correctly?
    I don't think we're good. I hate our system. Am I happy with 6-6? No, not really, but I realize we're very limited. "Good" was probably a bad word choice... "acceptable" woulda been better.

ETA... I don't think we can fire leach any time soon, so I'm hoping to tread water until we can move on

vCash
    I don't think we're good. I hate our system. Am I happy with 6-6? No, not really, but I realize we're very limited. "Good" was probably a bad word choice... "acceptable" woulda been better.

ETA... I don't think we can fire leach any time soon, so I'm hoping to tread water until we can move on
    I would have rather kicked rocks with JoMo than watch this garbage. At least he recruited and wasn't one dimensional. We still would suck balls, but at least we wouldn't need a total personnel overhaul like we will when the "national treasure" leaves.

And I F'ing hated JoMo as a coach. (Seemed like a decent guy though)