Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Riad 8 Qtrs vs AlaBama, ZERO TDs

vCash
    "Well, this is the first time we've had back to back 40 point losses to Bama since 1971-1972. Of course we all knew we were going to lose to Alabama. But the way we lost is concerning, to say the least." -patdog on sps

Ouch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    "Well, this is the first time we've had back to back 40 point losses to Bama since 1971-1972. Of course we all knew we were going to lose to Alabama. But the way we lost is concerning, to say the least." -patdog on sps

Ouch
    Yikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I would have rather kicked rocks with JoMo than watch this garbage. At least he recruited and wasn't one dimensional. We still would suck balls, but at least we wouldn't need a total personnel overhaul like we will when the "national treasure" leaves.

And I F'ing hated JoMo as a coach. (Seemed like a decent guy though)
    JoMo would have lost to LSU and Missouri last year, and to NC State and Texas A&M this year. He damn sure wouldn't have won any games Leach lost.

But at least he would have run the ball some?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    JoMo would have lost to LSU and Missouri last year, and to NC State and Texas A&M this year. He damn sure wouldn't have won any games Leach lost.

But at least he would have run the ball some?
    Who cares. You're missing the point. Neither is taking us where we want to go, so I'd have rather gone with the one that will have left us a little talent and some semblance of personnel for a balanced team when we get a new coach

vCash
    Who cares. You're missing the point. Neither is taking us where we want to go, so I'd have rather gone with the one that will have left us a little talent and some semblance of personnel for a balanced team when we get a new coach
    I don't know, I'd rather be 4-7 and 3-3 than 1-9 and 1-5.

vCash
    I don't know, I'd rather be 4-7 and 3-3 than 1-9 and 1-5.
    Is your goal 4-7 (3-3)???

I want to ****ing WIN! I don't want to be the skinniest kid at fat camp.

vCash
    Is your goal 4-7 (3-3)???

I want to ****ing WIN! I don't want to be the skinniest kid at fat camp.
    I think we all want to fuсking win. I just don't see us as being in bad of shape as you do. Let's see how the last 6 games go.

vCash
    I think we all want to fuсking win. I just don't see us as being in bad of shape as you do. Let's see how the last 6 games go.
    Yep. Let's see. So far with Costello for two quarters and Rogers for 6 quarters, this offense has produced zero TDs vs Alabama. This offense was supposed to neutralize the playing field for us. So far, nope.

Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas and OM will be good test. If this offense is truly gives us some competitive advantage, we should see it in those games. Which are closer in terms of talent (recruiting)

vCash
    I know that many want to justify how we currently feel by saying yesterday was worse, but looking back at a 1000 ft view, I?m not sure I feel that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yep. Let's see. So far with Costello for two quarters and Rogers for 6 quarters, this offense has produced zero TDs vs Alabama. This offense was supposed to neutralize the playing field for us. So far, nope.

Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas and OM will be good test. If this offense is truly gives us some competitive advantage, we should see it in those games. Which are closer in terms of talent (recruiting)
    Agreed. If we don't make it to a bowl (which would require us to just go 1-3 against those 4 teams you listed), I will have no choice but to admit Leach isn't working out as well as I desperately want him to.

I think we're more likely to finish 7-5 than 5-7 though. Kentucky and Ole Miss are going down. (And still finishing ranked, which will give Leach more wins over ranked teams this year than Mullen had in his whole career here.)

vCash
    Agreed. If we don't make it to a bowl (which would require us to just go 1-3 against those 4 teams you listed), I will have no choice but to admit Leach isn't working out as well as I desperately want him to.

I think we're more likely to finish 7-5 than 5-7 though. Kentucky and Ole Miss are going down. (And still finishing ranked, which will give Leach more wins over ranked teams this year than Mullen had in his whole career here.)
    Aside from help from injuries, what logical reasoning do you have that leads you to believe that UK and OM are going down? Are they both going to have their worst game of the year Vs MSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

Absolutely. This will be a mark of how well this offense has come along. Win two of those and have a good showing in the losses. That would mean sufficient progress. Lose all four and some serious questions emerge no one can ignore.

vCash
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Aside from help from injuries, what logical reasoning do you have that leads you to believe that UK and OM are going down? Are they both going to have their worst game of the year Vs MSU?
    Neither one of them has resumes or talent levels sufficient enough to make me think they'll come into Starkville and beat us?

I mean, they might. I don't think we're a 100% lock to beat either, not even close. I just predict we lose on the road to Arkansas and Auburn and win at home against Ole Miss and Kentucky. Maybe we'll steal one of those road ones.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 10-17-2021 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    Neither one of them has resumes or talent levels sufficient enough to make me think they'll come into Starkville and beat us?

I mean, they might. I don't think we're a 100% lock to beat either, not even close. I just predict we lose on the road to Arkansas and Auburn and win at home against Ole Miss and Kentucky.
    I like our chances vs Kentucky the best. OM's biggest strength (big plays) on offense is our biggest weakness. Not sure we'll be able to keep pace.

Our starting qb had a shoulder injury last night too. I know he played thru it, but we still don't know what's going on there.

vCash
    👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼 AC joint separation makes already weak arms weaker and will nag him until he can rest it.

vCash

I mean, they might. I don't think we're a 100% lock to beat either, not even close. I just predict we lose on the road to Arkansas and Auburn and win at home against Ole Miss and Kentucky. Maybe we'll steal one of those road ones.
    OM and UK are one loss teams. OM has a better QB, RBs, WR, OL, and better offensive scheme/coaching. UK is the 2020?s version of MSU and looks to be doing it as good or better than we ever did. Barring benefiting from an injury- and we might need luck on Rogers shoulder- I don?t see us beating either. I can see UK wanting to beat us more badly than OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    OM and UK are one loss teams. OM has a better QB, RBs, WR, OL, and better offensive scheme/coaching. UK is the 2020?s version of MSU and looks to be doing it as good or better than we ever did. Barring benefiting from an injury- and we might need luck on Rogers shoulder- I don?t see us beating either. I can see UK wanting to beat us more badly than OM.
    Remember both of them will be playing for the Sugar Bowl if Bama wins out.