Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day baseball lineup...

vCash

Opening Day baseball lineup...

got a little clearer with tonight's scrimmage.

1. Jess Davis, CF
    2. Kam James, 3B
    3. Luke Hancock, DH
    4. Logan Tanner, C
    5. Kellum Clark, RF
    6. RJ Yeager, 2B
    7. Hunter Hines, 1B
    8. Brad Cumbest, LF
    9. Lane Forsythe, SS

That's pretty much it boys.

Pitching wise, we threw 12 guys and all 12 topped out at a minimum of 91, max of 97. And Sims isn't pitching this fall. So we have the arms to make another run, just have to define the roles.

vCash
    That is a real strong-looking lineup.

vCash
    We need Fristoe to pitch to his capabilities. Does anyone know how he looked with Team USA over the summer? This fall? Sims and Fristoe, talent wise, could give us that one two punch that goes a long way. That would also give us an advantage on just about every other team on day 3 with someone like C. Smith or B. Smith.

Sims finding a serviceable 3rd pitch would be huge. He does that and he can comfortably sit at 92 with his fastball and go deep into games.

Banned
    vCash
    Cumbest 8th? Damn dat is skrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    We need Fristoe to pitch to his capabilities. Does anyone know how he looked with Team USA over the summer? This fall? Sims and Fristoe, talent wise, could give us that one two punch that goes a long way. That would also give us an advantage on just about every other team on day 3 with someone like C. Smith or B. Smith.

Sims finding a serviceable 3rd pitch would be huge. He does that and he can comfortably sit at 92 with his fastball and go deep into games.
    He only threw a couple of innings and got roughed up....

vCash
    I don't think people fully realize how much losing TA and Rowdey is going to hurt. Jess Davis is gonna struggle with the stick.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I don't think people fully realize how much losing TA and Rowdey is going to hurt. Jess Davis is gonna struggle with the stick.
    Our staff hasnt been shy about telling people we should be better offensively this year than last
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Cumbest 8th? Damn dat is skrong.
    I think he will climb by the Spring. He is now full time in baseball and he had his surgery. I expect him to make a jump this Spring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    got a little clearer with tonight's scrimmage.

1. Jess Davis, CF
    2. Kam James, 3B
    3. Luke Hancock, DH
    4. Logan Tanner, C
    5. Kellum Clark, RF
    6. RJ Yeager, 2B
    7. Hunter Hines, 1B
    8. Brad Cumbest, LF
    9. Lane Forsythe, SS

That's pretty much it boys.

Pitching wise, we threw 12 guys and all 12 topped out at a minimum of 91, max of 97. And Sims isn't pitching this fall. So we have the arms to make another run, just have to define the roles.
    Agree. Hines has a chance to be really good.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I saw Sims last night. He has noticably slimmed up a lot. He's going to be our Friday night guy no doubt. Question is, who's the closer? I think Saturday is Cade and Sunday is a three way battle between Jack Walker, Stone Simmons and possibly Fristoe (if he can throw strikes).
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Our staff hasnt been shy about telling people we should be better offensively this year than last
    More power for sure. Gonna miss TA and Dubrule’s ability to grind out ABs

vCash
    I saw Sims last night. He has noticably slimmed up a lot. He's going to be our Friday night guy no doubt. Question is, who's the closer? I think Saturday is Cade and Sunday is a three way battle between Jack Walker, Stone Simmons and possibly Fristoe (if he can throw strikes).
    KC Hunt should be the closer. He’s the most talented

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    More power for sure. Gonna miss TA and Dubrule’s ability to grind out ABs
    TA was outstanding and Dubrule really came on once he got adjusted- but 2-5 in that line-up will be one of the best groups in the country at the top of a line-up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    TA was outstanding and Dubrule really came on once he got adjusted- but 2-5 in that line-up will be one of the best groups in the country at the top of a line-up
    Agree

vCash
    There's guys to replace every year. And, because you pretty much play the same lineup all year, even really good returning players are unknown to us because we haven't seen them in games much.

All you can do is look for 1) some proven guys coming back (which we have a LOT of really), and 2) that we've recruited well and got the talent to possibly fill in the rest of the holes. And we've got some good high ceiling guys everywhere except maybe CF.

Pitching wise... all those talented arms, and a quite a few returning studs as well.

We're objectively in a better spot now than we were a year ago. Not saying we repeat as champions of course, but overall I think this roster outlook is better than last years.

vCash
    Mikey Tepper has better stuff than Hunt, IMO. We've had some great closers over the years. Not sure we have that this year.

vCash
    Mikey Tepper has better stuff than Hunt, IMO. We've had some great closers over the years. Not sure we have that this year.
    I think Hunt is better. Better actions and more feel

vCash
    Does it look like Hines is pretty much entrenched at 1B ahead of Siebert? I was thinking that Hines would be a guy that starts contributing in year 2 maybe, not starting year 1.

And what about Trey Higgins? I didn’t realize that he was rated so highly by PG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Does it look like Hines is pretty much entrenched at 1B ahead of Siebert? I was thinking that Hines would be a guy that starts contributing in year 2 maybe, not starting year 1.

And what about Trey Higgins? I didn’t realize that he was rated so highly by PG.
    Hinds has great hands. Could be one of the best hitters on the team in time. Play him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think Hunt is better. Better actions and more feel
    I think Hunt should be our Sunday starter.