Thread: Sec West Rankings

vCash

Sec West Rankings

1-7, what you got? Bama is still 1 for me, but It's really a toss up 2-7 right now.

vCash
    Bama OM Arky AUB US A@M LSU

vCash
    As of today:

Bama first, LSU last, all others the same.

My sense is that Auburn will finish next to last. Once Auburn faces teams that can score, they’re screwed.

We’d beat LSU by 10 points today. We beat ourselves that day, we’re better now, and they’re worse.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I have no idea what to do with Aggie. They beat Bama but people he have them sixth?

I think OM loses at TN this weekend, or wins by 1-3 points. Auburn and ark are meh. I'm not sure what we are.

Most parity I've seen in the west in a long long time

vCash
    May be the worst the SECW has been in a long time overall.

I agree mostly Bama 1, LSU last and toss up for the rest. I have a feeling one or two may could implode down the stretch but none like LSU has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I have no idea what to do with Aggie. They beat Bama but people he have them sixth?

I think OM loses at TN this weekend, or wins by 1-3 points. Auburn and ark are meh. I'm not sure what we are.

Most parity I've seen in the west in a long long time
    I think Aggie will finish towards the bottom. They've had that Bama game circled for 6 months and played their best. That won't happen every week.

I do think Bo Nix is too limited for Auburn to do a ton.

Every team has a flaw. We may be the most balanced offense/defense but we've got to do it over the course of a number of weeks rather than just 1 week

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-13-2021 at 08:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    If corral stays healthy, Ealy and the guard come back healthy. I see them running the table, just because their offense won’t be stopped with anything less than an elite defense.
    They certainly have a chance. That offense better be 100% every weekend though, because that defense stinks. They're margin for error on offense is extremely small

vCash
    Tenn is going to beat Mississippi Saturday. They will also struggle at Auburn and at State. They will not go 11-1

Too much unknown right now. A&M is too physical for Mizzou- so they could really get some confidence and start to recover.
    LSU is done. 2 more devastating injuries. Sportstalk in Louisiana is talking about whether O finishes the season or not.
    Auburn has talent and is coached fairly well- they are trying to click with the new offense. Still a physical team
    UPig is solid
    The Airbone is showing signs of life. State/Kentucky is a huge game for both
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-13-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    If corral stays healthy, Ealy and the guard come back healthy. I see them running the table, just because their offense won’t be stopped with anything less than an elite defense.
    Alabama defense is not elite. Not close. And that game was 35-0 in the third quarter. 42-7 in the fourth.

vCash
    This weekend should clarify a few things, but it seems like that's said every weekend, and somehow things just get weirder.
    Right now it:
    Bama
    A&M
    Ole Miss
    Auburn
    Arkansas
    LSU
    State

Banned
    vCash
    The tenn-shark game has me thinking about jumping into the swamp with the rest of you degenerates. I think tenn puts a whippin on em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    The tenn-shark game has me thinking about jumping into the swamp with the rest of you degenerates. I think tenn puts a whippin on em
    I think UM has some tough matchups left. I think UT and UM is going to be a shootout. I think A&M is going to be dangerous because their defense is good and I think they can run well enough to move the ball against UM's D. I'm still not sure what Auburn has, but I think they're going to score also. I think UM matches up against us pretty well and I think they match up against LSU. I would not be surprised if they go 1-2 v. UT, Auburn, and A&M.

vCash
    1-7, what you got? Bama is still 1 for me, but It's really a toss up 2-7 right now.
    as of this very moment

1. Alabama
    2. Ole Miss
    3. Arkansas
    4. Mississippi State
    5. Texas A&M
    6. Auburn
    7. LSU

we beat ourselves against LSU. If that game is replayed today, LSU loses by double digits. Auburn doesn't look to be any good, I don't think they are bad but they haven't done anything or beat anybody impressive, they beat LSU head to head in death valley and just look better rn. Texas A&M beat bama but the previous week they lost to State at home and it shouldn't have even been as close as it ended up being. State is ahead of A&M because of head-to-head win @ A&M and because we have 2 top 25 victories. Arkansas is ahead of Mississippi State because they also beat Texas A&M at a neutral site pretty easily and they whipped Texas @ Arkansas. I put them behind ole miss because of head to head ( Arkansas would've won in Fayetteville, but that's not what happened). Ole Miss is at #2 currently because they beat Arkansas ( which I do think is a good team) but other than that, they haven't beaten anyone good. They got their doors blown off @Alabama but almost everyone does in Tuscaloosa. Alabama will be at #1 as long as they do not lose another regular season game, which I do not think they will looking at their schedule.

We have a legitimate shot at finishing at #2 in the west this year. All we can do is hope! @Arkansas is gonna be very hard but I think we are the most balanced team in the west not named Alabama and we are getting better every week.

vCash
    Alabama defense is not elite. Not close. And that game was 35-0 in the third quarter. 42-7 in the fourth.
    yeah I agree, I think Ole Miss will mess around and lose a few. It wont take an elite defense either, just a competent one and an offense that can score some points.

They have @ Tennesseee this weekend and I think that is gonna be TUFF for them because Neyland will be ROCKING, they want to beat kiffin's A$$.

@ Auburn will always be tough.

@ MSU will be tough

At worst they will go 8-4 though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    This weekend should clarify a few things, but it seems like that's said every weekend, and somehow things just get weirder.
    Right now it:
    Bama
    A&M
    Ole Miss
    Auburn
    Arkansas
    LSU
    State
    how can you put LSU ahead of us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I could maybe understand LSU being ahead because they beat us but rn ill be damned

We are better than A&M and AUburn

vCash
    I'm sure he'll say because they beat us, but, at the end of this season, it's going to be a mess because we will have beat two teams that beat LSU, but LSU beat us & so on & so on.

IMO, the LSU/MSU game were two cars passing on the road & LSU just happened to be a hair cleaner that day but not the better team. The stats show that we whipped their ass every where but on the scoreboard.

vCash
    If you're asking who's playing better right now, then I'd pick state. If I'm ranking what's been one on the field this year (wins/losses and where the games were played), I'm giving LSU a very slight edge over us.

LSU has lost to 3 solid opponents. 2 of those on the road. They've beaten 2 easy opponents, and us on the road.
    We've lost 2, 1 to a shit team on the road, and LSU at home. We won against 2 solid teams and 1 easy team.

The loss to Memphis is worse than anything either team has done that's good, and something that counts hard against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    If you're asking who's playing better right now, then I'd pick state. If I'm ranking what's been one on the field this year (wins/losses and where the games were played), I'm giving LSU a very slight edge over us.

LSU has lost to 3 solid opponents. 2 of those on the road. They've beaten 2 easy opponents, and us on the road.
    We've lost 2, 1 to a shit team on the road, and LSU at home. We won against 2 solid teams and 1 easy team.

The loss to Memphis is worse than anything either team has done that's good, and something that counts hard against us.
    ehhh... I will swallow my pride and buy that argument. Good stuff.