Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth the watch!

vCash

Worth the watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2H97ln1edg

Fun story, my brother got a State hat signed by JJ Johnson to only have it chewed up by our friends dog a few years later. Actually a sad story!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2H97ln1edg

Fun story, my brother got a State hat signed by JJ Johnson to only have it chewed up by our friends dog a few years later. Actually a sad story!
    Dang, nice video link to the greatest MSU RBs ever - JJ, Miller, Ballard, Josh, Norwood, Dixon, Davis, Perkins,

JJ could flat truck some folks.

Better watch out, posting stuff like this can get you banned in the air raid era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Dang, nice video link to the greatest MSU RBs ever - JJ, Miller, Ballard, Josh, Norwood, Dixon, Davis, Perkins,

Better watch out, posting stuff like this can get you banned in the air raid era.
    lol!

vCash
    A healthy JJ Johnson and we win the SEC Championship game. Oh what could have been.

vCash
    JJ was my favorite running back of all time. He was a dawg for sure.

vCash

Would love to have seen what Keffer McGee (RIP) would have done in the 97 season (he would have been a 5th year senior), he could change gears like Tony Dorsett, but was coming off a serious injury. I think we would have ended up being the all time best MSU RB.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Never forget meeting him in Applebee's parking lot after the AU Curb Stomp. We talked a minute or two and he was fired up as hell. He actually approached me and introduced himself.

vCash
    Loved that. Just makes me miss that brand of football all the more.

You can devastate the enemy from the air, but it takes boots on the ground to win a war; to take and hold territory.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Josh Robinson, Dicenzo, and Norwood would have killed it in Leach's offense.

vCash
    Very nice video, great link.

For me, Vick Ballard scored one of MSU's most amazing and athletic TD's but the refs robbed him in that infamous Auburn game in 2011. That was the game with were Auburn were given a first down on the 4th down play with the ball clearly short of the sticks.

The Vic Ballard play starts at at 2:57:40....do not watch the rest of the video, too painful.

The announcers go on to explain that Vic never touched out-of-bounds before he cross the goal line. The refs spotted the play like a punted ball where they estimate where it went out-of-bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLOM_zOrA8

vCash

Who needs a RB? (Germantown kid isn't even considering State). When the Air Raid has 5* QBs and WRs lined up.***
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-14-2021 at 09:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

For me, Vick Ballard scored one of MSU's most amazing and athletic TD's but the refs robbed him in that infamous Auburn game in 2011. That was the game with were Auburn were given a first down on the 4th down play with the ball clearly short of the sticks.

The Vic Ballard play starts at at 2:57:40....do not watch the rest of the video, too painful.

The announcers go on to explain that Vic never touched out-of-bounds before he cross the goal line. The refs spotted the play like a punted ball where they estimate where it went out-of-bounds.

That game is so irritating on so many levels! Just another you can chalk up to freaking refs.

vCash
    Makes me appreciate good running backs AND high-definition television.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    That game is so irritating on so many levels! Just another you can chalk up to freaking refs.
    Isn't that the game where the AU people were listening in our headsets and once we figured it out all of the sudden their defense looked mediocre?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Isn't that the game where the AU people were listening in our headsets and once we figured it out all of the sudden their defense looked mediocre?
    That I don't know. But, if so, I feel like that should be a disqualification and Death Penalty to your team and your coach should be roasted on a stake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

You ain't kidding. May be one of greatest efforts ever. Shame it didn't count. One think about Vic, when he smelled the endzone, it was over. You were not stopping him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Would love to have seen what Keffer McGee (RIP) would have done in the 97 season (he would have been a 5th year senior), he could change gears like Tony Dorsett, but was coming off a serious injury. I think we would have ended up being the all time best MSU RB.
    Keffer was on course to shatter the records. What a shame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I can't pick a favorite there are so many. I like many of them for different reasons. I loved JJ because he just had a power running style that just demoralized the other team. He was built like a tank and would truck anyone in his way.

Agree with others, a healthy JJ and we win SEC in 98 and UT gets no NC. I worked with some UT guys and they were scared of JJ. They knew the game hinged on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Loved that. Just makes me miss that brand of football all the more.

You can devastate the enemy from the air, but it takes boots on the ground to win a war; to take and hold territory.
    Agree. I think your best chance to win is to be balanced on O but have a very good base run attack. When you are 3rd or 4th and short, you got to be able to run either for 1st down or score or run clock. If you can't do it, you are really handicapped.

vCash
    I can't pick a favorite there are so many. I like many of them for different reasons. I loved JJ because he just had a power running style that just demoralized the other team. He was built like a tank and would truck anyone in his way.

Agree with others, a healthy JJ and we win SEC in 98 and UT gets no NC. I worked with some UT guys and they were scared of JJ. They knew the game hinged on him.
    Yea and I love what madkin did for us but if we would have had a more consistent qb in 98 and 99 I think we win the conference one of those years.