Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach NMP steps down

vCash
    Prayers for NMP. We all go thru health issues. Perspective is needed in all parts of life.

The board is so predictable. It only took to page 2 to get out of control.

Someone says something and someone else has their feelings on their sleeves and then insults exchange. Is their an adult version of a sports board?

Some just waited until someone said something about her as a coach and then everyone pounced. Her coaching ability and her health issues and value as a human being are not the same topic. We have too many single minded folks.

vCash
    Well hold on. More is leaking. Hearing it's not cancer thank goodness. I hope that is 100% true. But dont be all mad at Reunion Dog yet
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well hold on. More is leaking. Hearing it's not cancer thank goodness. I hope that is 100% true. But dont be all mad at Reunion Dog yet
    Yeah I don't understand banning a guy until it is atleast disproven. He wasn't bashing her at all., just stating what he has heard.

vCash
    She literally just made a hire 10 days ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I’m not sure where the cancer story came from. Was that the official word? I’m not a fan of her coaching but I’d rather keep her another 20 years than see a family touched by that shit. I hope it’s not.

vCash
    there is more here than is being told...taken from the vol board

The statement I read from the school was cold and formal. It wasn?t warm and well wishing. It was the statement an AD puts out when someone resigns to ?focus on other endeavors? or to ?spend more time with their family.?

They also removed her from the website in record time. Not exactly what you?d expect their athletic department?s first priority to be.

Last year was not great for her. Most of Starkville wanted her gone and they have had problems all off season. Carter?s suspension and I have heard rumors (yes, rumors) that working in the Hayes sisters was not going as well as hoped.

Her health may be the largest component but I have a feeling there is more to this story and we will hear about it over the next few weeks.

vCash
    Have no idea if it is health related or not.

I do understand people are cynical by nature. And when someone has to step away for an illness, they usually take an indefinite leave of absence with the possible opportunity to come back. We are starting a nationwide search immediately.

I don't think reunion dog should be banned in any event.

vCash
    I talked to someone that has been inside the woman's locker room very recently...I'll leave it at that...and from what this person told me is the players don't just dislike NMP...they hate her 17ing guts. This is straight from their mouths bluntly. There were about to be more transfers out. At least this one individual severely doubts the health excuse being given. The locker room was irrevocably lost.

vCash
    She stated her health issues from the past are back. Y'all just love some rumors. She is a survivor and according to her statement it sounds like it's back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    She stated her health issues from the past are back. Y'all just love some rumors. She is a survivor and according to her statement it sounds like it's back.
    That’s terrible. I hate that for her and her family. I hope she gets better fast.

vCash
    Is Johnnie still available?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Is Johnnie still available?
    Little early nimrod?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Little early nimrod?
    No there is an opening and it needs to be filled. Fletcher didn't wait long after Bloody Bill was killed/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I talked to someone that has been inside the woman's locker room very recently...I'll leave it at that...and from what this person told me is the players don't just dislike NMP...they hate her 17ing guts. This is straight from their mouths bluntly. There were about to be more transfers out. At least this one individual severely doubts the health excuse being given. The locker room was irrevocably lost.
    I cant believe people have the guts to even post things like this. Do u really think she would insinuate her cancer is back as an excuse to step down. Her players love her, watch their videos.. you don't go out and get that type of talent if your players hate you. All that being said, even if it were true, after it's been put out its a health issue, why not respect that and leave it there no matter what you "heard"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I cant believe people have the guts to even post things like this. Do u really think she would insinuate her cancer is back as an excuse to step down. Her players love her, watch their videos.. you don't go out and get that type of talent if your players hate you. All that being said, even if it were true, after it's been put out its a health issue, why not respect that and leave it there no matter what you "heard"
    Some people are little media clones. They'd rather break news and destroy at the expense of hurt others. It's sad and why some should NEVER receive insight other than what they read from a rumor board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Some people are little media clones. They'd rather break news and destroy at the expense of hurt others. It's sad and why some should NEVER receive insight other than what they read from a rumor board.
    I see that. Its sad and embarrassing to see that people are actually starting "I heard" rumors about something as serious as someone's health especially with her history. God forbid if something more serious were to happen to her, you people on here starting this mess will hopefully feel like idiots. This is one of those issues where people just need to shut the heck up and send positive prayers and wishes and leave it at that. Whether its true or not.... And if you are going to start "I heard" rumors about something this serious be bold enough to say who you heard it from, let's not be vague about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    She said health problems. She never insinuated cancer. That was a message board thing. Her players hate her. This was them telling this person that directly in conversation. They said she can be fun when making those videos but those are just those videos and outside of those it's a completely different story. The players said they would not play for her but we're going to go out and play for themselves and the university. Sorry that gets your panties all in a wad. If her players love her and this is truly for health reasons where are all the tweets from the players offering their support and hoping she recovers?

vCash
    Why do they hate her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    She said health problems. She never insinuated cancer. That was a message board thing. Her players hate her. This was them telling this person that directly in conversation. They said she can be fun when making those videos but those are just those videos and outside of those it's a completely different story. The players said they would not play for her but we're going to go out and play for themselves and the university. Sorry that gets your panties all in a wad. If her players love her and this is truly for health reasons where are all the tweets from the players offering their support and hoping she recovers?
    Coach NMP statement: “Over the past several weeks, I have been faced again with the health concerns I had hoped were behind me. In light of these developments, I have decided to step away from coaching in order to devote my full time and energy to addressing those issues,” Obviously she didn't come out and say this is cancer again but as much as she has spoken about her past cancer issues, most would think this is what she is talking about. I could be 100% wrong, and if so I will own up to that and apologize. But to make a bonafide statement that her players hate her or that this whole health thing is a lie without showing any proof is simply crazy! Show some proof before making those types of allegations. If she and the Athletic Department are using Health issues as an excuse, our entire program is in alot of trouble from a character standpoint and that starts at the very top.

vCash
    Who knows but it was interesting that a question was asked if it was possible for her to take the year off and come back.

The answer was a firm ?no?

So did that come from the university side or Nikki saying firmly she was done? I don?t know. But there is room for some speculation there.

That said I really hope it?s not cancer again or anything else life altering.