Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the best chance we have had to beat Alabama since 2008?

vCash

Is this the best chance we have had to beat Alabama since 2008?

Obviously the 2014 and 2018 were better teams than this year's team, but so were Saban's teams, and both of those games were on the road.

I'm not saying we should win, I'm just thinking that they are not what we have been used to seeing as far as talent. I don't think Young handles pressure well. Their play calling was bizarre this past weekend.

If we can simply not turn the ball over, don't we have a puncher's chance?

vCash
    No. I do think we play them closer than the sharks did

vCash
    Good question. Id say our best chance since 2014 for sure. Because this is probably their weakest team in years. But they will have to screw a lot for us to win this year.....give up a special teams TD, Busted coverages, turnover, etc.

However, I believe we were on much more equal footing in 2014 than this year. I think we may have been a little better than them in 2014....we were just to tight to start the game in 2014.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-11-2021 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    17 was our best chance. At home and they had lost half their defensive starters. We had all the momentum and Mullen clammed up inside the RZ with a chance to go up 10.

vCash
    2017 was our best chance.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    17 was our best chance. At home and they had lost half their defensive starters. We had all the momentum and Mullen clammed up inside the RZ with a chance to go up 10.
    FK was our best chance?

vCash
    2014 was the best chance. That wasn't a very good bama team by their standards. Unfortunately, dak had a really bad game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    2017 was our best chance.
    Yep 17 by a mile. Bama got some calls and we let them out of a hole many times. Bama had no business winning that game that year.

We were better in 14 but Dan chocked.

This is one of Bama's most beatable teams. We are not as good as I'd like but we got a punchers chance. Leach needs to throw a few wrinkles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    2014 was the best chance. That wasn't a very good bama team by their standards. Unfortunately, dak had a really bad game
    Dak had a bad first half. Don't throw one of those int and score and we win. He brought us back in the 2nd.

vCash
    I may be in the minority here, but I feel like we are Fixen to get blasted by a pissed off Saban and Bama… I wish I felt different, but that’s just me right now…

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I feel like we are Fixen to get blasted by a pissed off Saban and Bama… I wish I felt different, but that’s just me right now…
    despite my confidence in our players and coaches right now, pissed off Satan gives me a worry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    despite my confidence in our players and coaches right now, pissed off Satan gives me a worry.
    We're going to definitely have to weather an early storm. They're going to come out pissed off and try to throw as many haymakers as possible as fast as possible. However, if we can keep it close long enough that doubt and worry will start to set in.

vCash
    Oh, they gonna come out pissed off but we gotta punch them in the mouth first. We score first or our defense rattles Young for a pick or huge sack and memberberries start going off in some player's minds. This Bama team does not take well to adversity on the road.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No. Mullen's last year here was our best chance, and the ref allowed their receiver to run out of bounds and come back in to drive down the field and protect Bama. Without that, they are punting and we run out the clock.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    It was 2nd down. Just saying.

The 2017 game, I personally never felt we would win. I'd seen to many Bama games. They were a very good team that year. We had been beaten badly twice already. Etc etc.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-11-2021 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    No

vCash
    2017 was the best chance but we got the bad break on the no-call and then Mullen went soft. You have to go for 4th and 2 in that situation against Bama
    2014 we had a chance but it being in T-Town was the difference. That game in Sville we likely win.
    2018 would have had a chance had Mullen stayed with that defense. No chance with JoVester

I'll be surprised if its close Saturday. We'll see
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If CL can keep this from happening, and can look formidable against a blood in the eyes Bama/Saban team.....he will make some believers.....JMHO unfortunately I’m in the 34 camp.......
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-11-2021 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    No. Mullen's last year here was our best chance, and the ref allowed their receiver to run out of bounds and come back in to drive down the field and protect Bama. Without that, they are punting and we run out the clock.
    Remember that ref threw his hat down marking where Ridley went OOB and then forgot about it.
    Last edited by parabrave; 10-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep 17 by a mile. Bama got some calls and we let them out of a hole many times. Bama had no business winning that game that year.

We were better in 14 but Dan chocked.

This is one of Bama's most beatable teams. We are not as good as I'd like but we got a punchers chance. Leach needs to throw a few wrinkles.
    To be fair Dak didn't play well either