Thread: 7 years ago today

vCash

7 years ago today

College Game Day was at MSU and we shocked the world beating Auburn to go to #1.

We as Bulldogs all felt something very dangerous that day - hope.

vCash
    Hope is a dangerous thing. HOPE, can drive a man insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    College Game Day was at MSU and we shocked the world beating Auburn to go to #1.

But it sure was fun. And it wasn't just hope - we KNEW we were going to beat Auburn that day.
    Left BWK, GA at 4:00 PM the day before with my son and an MSU buddy who happened to be here at FLETC on a training assignment and got to Birmingham. We were in Starkville the next morning by 9:00 AM and saw friends I hadn't seen in almost 20 years. most exciting atmosphere I've been in at any sporting event (couldn't make Omaha, so I can't compare).
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Also 1 year anniversary of Dak breaking his ankle!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Hope is a dangerous thing. HOPE, can drive a man insane.
    Shawshank. One of the best

vCash
    The sad thing is that we will never get to those heights again. Thank you Dan Mullen and Dak!!!!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Shawshank. One of the best
    Great movie. Hope is the best of things. Inside the football prison is MSU football, hope is what we need most. Borrowing another analogy from Shawshank.

vCash

Folks can look back how they want, but that was a great day in MSU football history. We were the epicenter of college football that weekend. We not only made history, we stole Olemiss thunder and kept them from jumping us in polls in the process. How much better does it get.

MSU gained a lot of fans during that year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Folks can look back how they want, but that was a great day in MSU football history. We were the epicenter of college football that weekend. We not only made history, we stole Olemiss thunder and kept them from jumping us in polls in the process. How much better does it get.

MSU gained a lot of fans during that year.
    Marked the beginning of a 24-7 (6) week sports erection for me.

vCash

Plus, we will always be the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question no one except State fans will ever get,

"What team was ranked No. 1 in the first ever College Football Playoff Poll?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    The sad thing is that we will never get to those heights again. Thank you Dan Mullen and Dak!!!!!!
    Glad I got to live through those years. So many of y'all whippersnappers are spoiled now. We were very fortunate to have had Mullen and Dak together. So proud of what Dak's become.

Then a Baseball Natty!

vCash
    I think we have a chance with Leach to reach those heights again. We're a bad officiating call at Memphis and a bad play away in the LSU game to be undefeated right now. Look at the slate of teams in the top 10 right now. If we won those 2 games we'd be top 10.

vCash

Just please don?t say you ?BELIEVE?. I wish we could get past that bullshit Schtick. I hate it and all it stands for and journey sucks big balls. Not sorry.

vCash
    7 years ago... the day of one of the biggest victories in msu history is when my English Bulldog Bella was born.

vCash
    So wish Jack had been around and described the victory that day and the following games when his #1 ranked Bulldogs took the field.

Just wow, what a moment that would have been.

vCash
    Bored tonight so I rewatched this game on YouTube. You forget how sloppy this game was - 3 Dak INTs; we fumbled 5 times and luckily got 4 of them back; and the dumbass Mullen fake punt call! Not to mention that we let them get within 8 after jumping out to a 21-0 lead. We made the plays when they counted, but it goes to show how much luck can play into things when you make mistakes.

vCash
    Best day of my life.

Banned
    vCash
    Your Bulldog was actually born that day?

ETA: Scooba's Dog. Missed "reply".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Your Bulldog was actually born that day?

ETA: Scooba's Dog. Missed "reply".
    Correct. picked her up from a friend on the day after thanksgiving. She's seen some good times in the MSU history and is healthy as every still thank GOD.
    In fact, she's more happy than ever with a large yard and a soccer ball.