Thread: Sunday Morning QB- It's Good To Get Off Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- It's Good To Get Off Edition

1. Enjoyed another fine Saturday of college football. Marinated some pork loin in apple juice with some salt added- then cut it up into small pieces, seasoned with my homemade rub and wrapped with bacon. Grilled. Zucchini and onion in olive oil as well on the grill. Magnific!!!

2. UPig/Mississippi game was a good one. Mississippi defense changed the game in the 2nd Q when they ripped the ball out with UPig driving already up 14-6. UPig makes it 21-6 and that games ends differently. Mississippi's offense is pretty good but their defense is still pretty bad. Not last year bad- but it's still a bad defense. UPig is solid and physical. UPig Relf will hit a few throws and miss some as well. Just decent football team that will be bowling during the holidays.

3. Tennessee made a QB switch and looks like a different football team now. They may have finally made a hire that fits them. Dangerous team to play this year. I'll take them Saturday to beat Mississippi.

4. Kentucky is the story of the SEC this year. Transfer QB has made their offense better. We already knew they would be pretty good on D this year. 6-0 for the first time since Bear Bryant. They are going to get thumped by Georgia most likely in Athens, but then they get a week off to lick their wounds before heading to Sville. Will be a huge game for both teams Halloween weekend. Kentucky has State, Tenn at home and Vandy left in the SEC. Kentucky could end up 11-1 this season. Stoops will likely retire at Kentucky.

5. SC, Vandy, and Mizzou suck. That is all

6. Florida headed to BR Saturday to put the final nail in O's coffin. LSU has 3 or 4 more losses left on the schedule. LSU fans are screaming for Brady or even a grinder like Urban Meyer right now. I dont think they hire either one and end up with someone that is not a big name. They trying like hell behind the scenes to get out of paying that buyout. Bert Stare should have more info for us here

7. Bama, oh Bamaaaaa. I didnt think Calzone could put up more than 10 on Bama. It was nice to see Bama get a foot in their ass for a change. A&M got after them. Got to give them credit. Could be a season changer for them the rest of the way. Last night should also help our guys confidence heading into Saturday. Get the We Believe signs out of the closet. It's that time again.

8. Georgia is just better than everybody. I think their back-up QB gives them a better chance to win it all because he is mobile. He gives that offense a little extra that it needs.

9. Auburn is another solid but nothing special team. Erratic QB play, drops at bad times plague their O. Will be interesting to see how they do with UPig and then get a week off to prepare for Mississippi at home. Big 2 games coming up for them.

10. Iowa and that 1990's brand of football about to be the #2 team in the country. Got to love college football.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Good solid recap. Thanks Coach.

vCash
    All that and not one Airbone reference. I'm disappointed in you 34. **

vCash
    Most interesting CFB season in a long time.

vCash
    I love that Iowa offense.

vCash
    What's our gameplan for Bama?

I think we'll be competitive after watching them last night. Although Bama tends to right the ship after losses. Some of those players haven't experienced a loss and they give extra effort in practice.

I think our front 5 can handle their 3 man rush. Do they switch to man after letting us get 5 yard passes driving the field?

I want to believe!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I love that Iowa offense.
    Iowa would’ve gotten their asses handed to them yesterday if the Penn St QB doesn’t get hurt
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    What's our gameplan for Bama?

I think we'll be competitive after watching them last night. Although Bama tends to right the ship after losses. Some of those players haven't experienced a loss and they give extra effort in practice.

I think our front 5 can handle their 3 man rush. Do they switch to man after letting us get 5 yard passes driving the field?

I want to believe!!
    If OL plays like they did vs A&M and LSU, we should be able to control the ball.

Can we score in the red zone?

Can we prevent big plays on defense?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If OL plays like they did vs A&M and LSU, we should be able to control the ball.

Will our special teams do something goofy?

Does Marc Curles officiate the game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will our special teams do something goofy?

Does Marc Curles officiate the game?
    It’s Bama… every official officiates like Curles…

vCash
    Good write up. I am also taking the vols to beat the sharts next week. Arky defense had more blown coverage than a Peter sirmon defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Good write up. I am also taking the vols to beat the sharts next week. Arky defense had more blown coverage than a Peter sirmon defense.
    This and tackling as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This and tackling as well.
    Looked like that hawk tackling smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

No turnovers, no special teams blunders and no big plays given up by the defense and it's a game going into the fourth quarter. Basically the NC State game. Not including the A&M game because of the missed field goals.
    Speaking of kicking will Ruiz be back? If not then we should always go for it on 4th down instead of attempting a fg - might should do it anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Looked like that hawk tackling smh
    Yeah it did. If arky could tackle they would've won that game.