Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When was the last time we stormed the field?

vCash
    We stormed the field and tore down the north end zone goal posts after beating LSU in 1984. Dawgs Bite wrote that no one could remember when that happened previously, at least going back decades.

vCash
    The outfield fans tried to when we won the CWS, but the mighty TD Ameritrade Security Commandos rebuffed their efforts. I got a neat video of one of our fans in a walking boot battling it out with a fat security guard and a two large heifers (one a bulldog fan and one security) in a pushing contest.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    The outfield fans tried to when we won the CWS, but the mighty TD Ameritrade Security Commandos rebuffed their efforts. I got a neat video of one of our fans in a walking boot battling it out with a fat security guard and a two large heifers (one a bulldog fan and one security) in a pushing contest.
    Man I bet that was awesome. They should have made an exception for us because we are STATE.

vCash
    I know people think getting fined for storming the field is no big deal. However, some years ago the SEC asked the teams to quit storming the field. I assume for safety reasons. Added a fine to this. First offense $50K. I think second offense $250K. That is a lot. I'd rather MSU spend that money somewhere else. I think we already got our $50K fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphisbulldog View Post
    I know people think getting fined for storming the field is no big deal. However, some years ago the SEC asked the teams to quit storming the field. I assume for safety reasons. Added a fine to this. First offense $50K. I think second offense $250K. That is a lot. I'd rather MSU spend that money somewhere else. I think we already got our $50K fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    I think it was the 2017 season we were playing bama close they moved every security guard in a green vest they could find in front of the student section just incase we pulled it out and the students decided to try and rush the field. Which I thought was ridiculous if we were to beat the #1 ranked team let the students rush the field it's not like it happens all the time.
    I can promise you that if we'd have pulled it out that night they could've had 1000 security guards and they couldn't keep us off the field. I still remember when Bama clanked the FG that would've put them ahead and watching all the security guards rush towards that student section end zone.

vCash
    People above commenting the difficulty of rushing the field from the student section are right, with the club level below the student section it makes it difficult to jump over and bottlenecks the access points to the corners.

The easiest access points would be in front of the band and students having to get creative and walking around to jump the hedges on both sides of the field to get to the goal post unless there is a massive rush to the bottlenecked points and the attitude persists "they cant arrest all of us"

Another point: with shortages of help out there they probably have less security guards at games this year than in years past, so it might be easier with less security.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Man seeing 150 police officers sprint out of the centerfield fence as soon as the final out was recorded was pretty hilarious, it didn't look like they arrested anybody either and just pushed everyone off the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy_RoadDawg View Post
    1998, when we played Arkansas and won the game on a last second field goal. The goal post came down that day. I was on the field it was great. The win gave us a chance of winning the west by beating Ole Miss the next week which we did.
    What a great memory! Me and my 5 year old son were on sitting on the 10 yard line about row 10 when Hazlewood made the game winning FG! We were on the field as soon as the game ended and I still have, in a zip lock bag, 2 pieces of Maroon and White grass and dirt we dug up out of the south end zone! Never forget that day!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    What a great memory! Me and my 5 year old son were on sitting on the 10 yard line about row 10 when Hazlewood made the game winning FG! We were on the field as soon as the game ended and I still have, in a zip lock bag, 2 pieces of Maroon and White grass and dirt we dug up out of the south end zone! Never forget that day!
    I was there near end zone and my angle looked like he may had missed. TV angle looked near miss too. Those who were direct said it snuck comfortably thru.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I was there near end zone and my angle looked like he may had missed. TV angle looked near miss too. Those who were direct said it snuck comfortably thru.
    From where we were sitting there was gonna be no way for me to tell if it went through or not, so after I saw it go up I looked immediately at Hazlewood for his reaction. And of course it was good!

vCash
    aTm was just fined 100K by the conference for storming the field
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    From where we were sitting there was gonna be no way for me to tell if it went through or not, so after I saw it go up I looked immediately at Hazlewood for his reaction. And of course it was good!
    Hazlewood's reaction was an awesome Bulldog moment. I stormed the field but didn't have the balls to hep out with with the goal posts though. Left that to the drunk younger boys but sho enjoyed watching them do it. Glad that one kid didn't get hurt too bad cuz he busted his ass hard when it went down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    aTm was just fined 100K by the conference for storming the field
    1) It was a "field stormin'" occasion....
    2) those effers have pleeeeeenty of dollas....
    3) If they have a problem, they can just send back my check...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    98 is last time I remember.

We didn't even storm the field beating #2 Aub and knowing we were going to #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    98 is last time I remember.

We didn't even storm the field beating #2 Aub and knowing we were going to #1.
    2004 vs Florida. That was the last time.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I was standing right next to Jabar Gaffney in the endzone as the game ended in 2000 when we beat UF. Fun times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    2004 vs Florida. That was the last time.
    I was there that day, Norwood is still running. I guess I was leaving the stadium and didn't notice storming the field. It was a great win for a program that needed some hope similar to now. That was not a great UF team though. Dang Norwood was bad to the bone though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy_RoadDawg View Post
    1998, when we played Arkansas and won the game on a last second field goal. The goal post came down that day. I was on the field it was great. The win gave us a chance of winning the west by beating Ole Miss the next week which we did.
    Yes it was. I had a piece of that goal post on my shelf for the longest time with the score written on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    '98 vs UPig is the last I remember. I remember sitting in traffic trying to leave and about half the goal post came walking by on the shoulder of a bunch of screaming students. Good times.
    You might have seen me that day. We carried the crossbars to the frat house and cut pieces up for everyone!! Heck of a day!!

Awesome memory. Right before we tore the post down my cousin had the pad that goes around the bottom of the goal post running across the field with trying to take it home. An old high school coach of our tackled him at the 50 and took it away. He was pissed. I couldn't believe he did that either. Ha.

I almost had a Florida gator helmet when we got on the field one time against them. Some player left it sitting on the bench but he saw me out of the corner of his eye and snatched it up. I don't think that was the Croom game though. I think that's the game Sherrill had our team running all over them and beat them like a drum( 2000 maybe?). Think it was against Spurrier but y'all correct me if I'm wrong. My mind was probably a little fuzzy during some of those games if you know what I mean!!
    Last edited by Bdawg; 10-12-2021 at 10:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I was standing right next to Jabar Gaffney in the endzone as the game ended in 2000 when we beat UF. Fun times.
    This has to be the game I'm thinking about when we ran the ball down their throats and we hit the field that day. I swear I think Spurrier was coaching and that visor was getting wore out!!! Man I almost had a gator helmet!