Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time we stormed the field?

vCash

When was the last time we stormed the field?

Just watched the end of Iowa and Penn State game, and Iowa stormed the field for some reason. It made me start to think when was the last time Davis Wade was stormed? I was a student in the early Mullen years and we never did that I can recall, not even after Auburn in 2014. Does anyone remember the last time? It?s a big IF, but IF we upset Bama, that would be good reason to storm the field...

vCash
    I was there at the 99 Egg Bowl and when we beat Florida with Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Just watched the end of Iowa and Penn State game, and Iowa stormed the field for some reason. It made me start to think when was the last time Davis Wade was stormed? I was a student in the early Mullen years and we never did that I can recall, not even after Auburn in 2014. Does anyone remember the last time? It?s a big IF, but IF we upset Bama, that would be good reason to storm the field...
    Nov 3, 1980, Jackson, MS, for sure?. I Was (really) There😩

Maybe in 1996 in Starkville, as well???
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I?m glad we don?t do that. I want us to act like we?ve been there before. When Ole Miss beat Bama in 2014 and did it and we didn?t when we beat Auburn to go to #1 it was great. Even if we aren?t a top program act like we are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Nov 3, 1980, Jackson, MS, for sure?. I Was (really) There&#
    I stormed that field with my brothers. We had to jump fences. My older brother was putting grass in his wallet. I was in the circle surrounding Bond and had my picture in many publications as the years went on.

My son, ten or so at the time, was reading a Sports Illustrated in BAMM and said, ?Dad? Didn?t you say you were in Sports Illustrated once?? They had run the photo again after almost 20 years in some special edition and he recognized me.

vCash
    I probably should have just googled it, but the last time was against Florida, October 2004 with Croom...the year of the Maine...kinda crazy it?s been that long

vCash
    Alabama 1996, but I'm sure there's been one since then.

vCash
    2004, Florida. And a coach got "Croomed" the next day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We probably hold the record for getting the opposing coach fired after losing to us. I suppose losing to MSU must be the most embarrassing and career-ending move ever.

vCash
    Yeah I was just about to post that I remembered folks storming the field that day. I don't think it happened much after that (if at all) because the university started posting security around the field. Also because we sucked until Mullen came along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Alabama 1996, but I'm sure there's been one since then.
    I was swinging from the crossbar when the north end zone posts came down.

vCash
    We probably hold the record for getting the opposing coach fired after losing to us. I suppose losing to MSU must be the most embarrassing and career-ending move ever.
    If I'm not mistaken, that was the first of the "croomed". Too bad memes didn't exist back then, because that would've been a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I was swinging from the crossbar when the north end zone posts came down.
    That was a cold night with a strong northerly wind. The parachutists landed with the wind, one of them stalled, and it about killed him. Game start was delayed quite a while.

vCash
    That was a cold night with a strong northerly wind. The parachutists landed with the wind, one of them stalled, and it about killed him. Game start was delayed quite a while.
    I like to think he took a bump, shot-gunned a beer, and said "yo bitches, watch this!" right before he jumped. Then...Splat!

vCash
    I probably should have just googled it, but the last time was against Florida, October 2004 with Croom...the year of the Maine...kinda crazy it?s been that long
    Yeah. But I can't think of very many other times that may have warranted it. Maybe Auburn 2014? 2013 Egg Bowl?

vCash
    Yep. That's the day I learned the human body could bounce when it hit the ground.

I had gotten married that August and my wife and I would drive over from Atlanta. With about a minute left I turned to her and said "I'll meet you at the tailgate in about an hour" and headed toward the student section from section 21. I wasn't going to miss that insanity. Somehow, my wife is still here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe Auburn 2014? 2013 Egg Bowl?
    Both of these would've been acceptable, IMO. 2014 for what it meant, both in the moment, and for when the rankings came out on Sunday. 2013 for the emotion of it all, Dak being hurt, coming in and leading the drive, the OT fumble, etc. The 2014 season really started that night.

vCash
    I stormed the court in 1991 when we beat LSU and won the SEC title for the 1st time since the 60's. I stormed in 1996 after the Bama win.

Good times

If we win Saturday? Storm that bitch again
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    2004 against UF. Ron Zook got Croomed.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Both of these would've been acceptable, IMO. 2014 for what it meant, both in the moment, and for when the rankings came out on Sunday. 2013 for the emotion of it all, Dak being hurt, coming in and leading the drive, the OT fumble, etc. The 2014 season really started that night.
    I'm not exactly sure why we haven't. Does it have to do with the fact that the new student section makes it more difficult to access the field? Back in the day all we had to do was jump the fence and the bushes not to mention there were some gates open and I think you could go around and access the field on the sides kind of.