Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time we stormed the field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I stormed the court in 1991 when we beat LSU and won the SEC title for the 1st time since the 60's. I stormed in 1996 after the Bama win.

Good times

If we win Saturday? Storm that bitch again
    IF that happens I'll be down there.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    After that day, every single big win, the university goes out and lowers the uprights very quickly at the buzzer.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    After that day, every single big win, the university goes out and lowers the uprights very quickly at the buzzer.
    This is true. We are so ****ing cheap, lol.

But we've never even threatened to rush, though....you can tell when it's going to happen, and there's never been a whiff of it. I doubt the grounds-crew would be out there ready to remove the goal posts if a rush was imminent, just for their own safety.

vCash
    I was a student in 2004. I had already witnessed us lose to Maine, Vanderbilt, and UAB. Florida came to town 11am game I think. Why bake in the end zone bleachers at us getting mauled by FL?

At half time it was close or we had the lead can't remember which. My roommates and I debated going to the game, but decided not to. Surely they're going to lose.

We missed storming the field that day.

vCash
    Not storming the field after the 2014 Auburn win was awesome. It showed we felt we belonged.
    Now, if we somehow pull off a win over #1 while unranked we definitely should rush it and Cohen can pay the fine with all the money he saves bu not marketing our brand.

vCash
    Not storming the field after Auburn 2014 was dumb. Celebrate. It’s college football. Enjoy the moment.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Not storming the field after Auburn 2014 was dumb. Celebrate. It’s college football. Enjoy the moment.
    No I was so proud of our fans for not doing this. When do blue bloods storm the field? Never. Even though we aren?t a blue blood let?s act like it because we want to show we have the same attitude and mentality.

vCash
    **** that. We aren’t a blue blood and never will be.

Celebrate goddammit. Enjoy moments when we do something great. Because they don’t happen that often. **** “being cool”. That’s stupid

vCash
    It was not our field, but at Ole Miss, in the early 2000s when we were down significantly in the last few minutes, then we came back and won it. I cannot remember for sure what happened, but that would have been a good time to storm a field!

vCash
    I think it was the 2017 season we were playing bama close they moved every security guard in a green vest they could find in front of the student section just incase we pulled it out and the students decided to try and rush the field. Which I thought was ridiculous if we were to beat the #1 ranked team let the students rush the field it's not like it happens all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. But I can't think of very many other times that may have warranted it. Maybe Auburn 2014? 2013 Egg Bowl?
    I was at Auburn 14. We did NOT storm the field for that one.

vCash
    Bull. We expected to win that one and we did. No need to storm the field there.

vCash
    I stormed the court in 1991 when we beat LSU and won the SEC title for the 1st time since the 60's. I stormed in 1996 after the Bama win.

Good times

If we win Saturday? Storm that bitch again
    I was at that LSU game, not many were with you. Not surprised you did it.

vCash
    They started issuing the school fines for fans storming the field sometime around 2005 so our penny pinching administration started having security guards stationed to prevent having to pay the fine. Other schools just pay the fine and enjoy the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I was at that LSU game, not many were with you. Not surprised you did it.
    What? The court was full of people. The 15 rows below me stormed before I did

vCash
    1998, when we played Arkansas and won the game on a last second field goal. The goal post came down that day. I was on the field it was great. The win gave us a chance of winning the west by beating Ole Miss the next week which we did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Just watched the end of Iowa and Penn State game, and Iowa stormed the field for some reason. It made me start to think when was the last time Davis Wade was stormed? I was a student in the early Mullen years and we never did that I can recall, not even after Auburn in 2014. Does anyone remember the last time? It?s a big IF, but IF we upset Bama, that would be good reason to storm the field...
    '98 vs UPig is the last I remember. I remember sitting in traffic trying to leave and about half the goal post came walking by on the shoulder of a bunch of screaming students. Good times.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    I stormed that field with my brothers. We had to jump fences. My older brother was putting grass in his wallet. I was in the circle surrounding Bond and had my picture in many publications as the years went on.

My son, ten or so at the time, was reading a Sports Illustrated in BAMM and said, ?Dad? Didn?t you say you were in Sports Illustrated once?? They had run the photo again after almost 20 years in some special edition and he recognized me.
    Awesome story as my Dad and I scaled the chain link too and we are the 1st 2 seen in the low quality video eventually getting within 10 feet from the remaining mass of humanity who didn't know the line judges saw the bamer NG popped the ball from Kent's hand Pre-Snap.

I was the first fan Kent saw and he remembered sitting next to me all year in a class back in h.s. and he lifted my back then 120 lb ass for an epic STATE "Bear" hug. He was so much bigger than I had remembered it kinda skeered me a little. Lol

Bully was nervous and took a chunk outta my drunk Dad's lip when Dad tired to sneak a kiss.

I actually didn't know about the nose guard deal that bear ordered until Kent's younger brother Maury told me when we met up at a game about a year later.

Banned
    vCash
    We literally designed our stadium with the thought to prevent rushing the field in mind. Students have two access points to the field, small slivers of the corner end zones.

2013 Egg Bowl it was in the air but not enough people at the game. 2014 Auburn it was in the air but security was blocking the two corners and stopped the few people who did.

We'll never again successfully rush the field unless the Alumni sections instigate it. The students are neutered by the scoreboard club.

vCash
    I believe the last rush the field, was 2000 Florida. However I don't believe the goal post came down. Just lots of people on the field.