Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uhh, so what about this Bryce Chance kid?

vCash

Uhh, so what about this Bryce Chance kid?

6 for 7 thru 2 games of the fall World Series. Maybe his only 6 hits all fall, that?s baseball, but what do we know about him?

vCash
    He was going to be our double secret weapon for next spring. But I guess the secret is out this fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    6 for 7 thru 2 games of the fall World Series. Maybe his only 6 hits all fall, that?s baseball, but what do we know about him?
    Outfielder from MRA. Late signee for us. Reminds me of Cody Brown.

vCash
    He's been solid all fall. He and Hines have been the best fr. But obviously limited at bats. Lem said this group of friends hitters is legit. 23 season we will see lots of them starting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's been solid all fall. He and Hines have been the best fr. But obviously limited at bats. Lem said this group of friends hitters is legit. 23 season we will see lots of them starting
    Going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out between Hines, Chance, and Slater. Not to mention Meche and Yeager performing well.

I noticed that Cumbest is back too. Not enough spots for everyone and it's a great problem to have.

Banned
    vCash
    How many yall bitched about Cumbest ignoring his football duties? Sorry, couldn't resist cuz I'm not correct often.

vCash
    Lemonis likes his signees to be in the 6-2 range, but this kid can hit. Chance is going to push Cumbest in LF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lemonis likes his signees to be in the 6-2 range, but this kid can hit. Chance is going to push Cumbest in LF.
    Somebody Gonna have to play cf. Davis and skinner can't hit. Either one of them.

vCash
    Somebody Gonna have to play cf. Davis and skinner can't hit. Either one of them.
    Yep, that's a big concern. Losing a lot of production from Rowdey to whoever is in CF. Then of course Tanner Allen is not replaceable.

vCash
    Yeah, I don’t see us having a TA production wise on next year’s team. We have to replace his and Rowdey’s offense throughout the order and the only .200 hitter that we can afford to have is Forsythe. I say Forsythe b/c I think he is penciled in at SS and don’t expect much offense from him, therefore, we can’t afford any other black holes on offense.

vCash
    If I have another decent 3rd baseman- I'm moving James to CF
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This. I think that's where his future in pro ball is for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. I think that's where his future in pro ball is for sure.
    He played a pretty good 3B in the postseason. He's got a cannon over there.

We do have Slate Alford who is a very good defensive 3B. Worn the yellow jersey twice this fall. And he can hit too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yep. Has the tools for it for sure. That said, if it was a possibility, that experiment needed to start at the beginning of fall.

vCash
    I tried to warn people about Davis after he signed! Got a very good connection to UAB baseball that told me he would struggle against SEC pitching?..
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Yep. Has the tools for it for sure. That said, if it was a possibility, that experiment needed to start at the beginning of fall.
    Meh- wont be a hard transition for him. He's a good athlete. You had to let the 2 we have in CF go this Fall to see if they could get the bat going. James can start catching fly balls at Thanksgiving everyday and he will be fine by March

vCash
    Who is behind James at 3B at this point? The Alford kid from Alabama?

vCash
    Who is behind James at 3B at this point? The Alford kid from Alabama?
    Yes.

vCash
    We really only have a couple of spots open. I expect them to be filled with some combination of Hunter Hines, Bryce Chance, and Slate Alford. RJ Yeager has to find a spot too. I'm wondering if he is a possibility for the outfield as well. Second base and shortstop are also possible.

The rotation is going to be interesting as well. Walling has been wild. Cade Smith has looked good. That third spot is up between Jack Walker, Fristoe, and Walling. And I think Walker may end up with it.

vCash
    One thing is for sure- we feel really good about the offense in 2022. The pitching should be top notch also. Got to plug in defensively.