Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I was looking at an overhead view of MSU practice facility.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Guys, we don’t have unlimited funds like some of you all seem to think we do. We would need a very large donation to even consider this
    Romans 5:8

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Guys, we don’t have unlimited funds like some of you all seem to think we do. We would need a very large donation to even consider this
    It wouldn't be hard to get done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We were called the Carnegie Hall of baseball before the new Dude because of the atmosphere not the facility.

We were going to win a NC in baseball at some point regardless of a new Dude or not. Not saying it wasn't good and puts us in an even better spot but just having nice facilities doesn't win NC. There is a long list of schools who have spent tons of money and no NC - look at TAMU for one.
    I was talking about building the structure to match our atmosphere. I know many think that it was bound to happen sooner or later, but we went a very long time being the bridesmaid, and when we got that shiny new diamond, we got our NC. I guess my biggest point is that a National championship isn?t a clearance budget item.

vCash
    SEC network money has opened possibilities that most schools can?t imagine. If we choose not to reinvest it in our cash cows, then we might need to find another team. While I know we pride ourselves on baseball, football and basketball move the meter on national perception.

vCash
    Approach Dak. Offer to name it the Peggy Prescott Center in honor of his mom. They players are going to end up calling it something like the "Dak Shack" anyway. Maybe employ the architecture firm Jerry Jones used on their practice facility to do a small project (in their scope of work), and build an indoor practice facility to the east of the Seal Center at the edge of the Loft parking lot where the big pile of dirt and construction dumpsters are now. It would be closer to the outdoor practice fields and on unused property that overlooks the practice fields.

vCash
    Like button 👆🏼

vCash
    Guys, we don?t have unlimited funds like some of you all seem to think we do. We would need a very large donation to even consider this
    You have no clue. We aren't poor Ol Mississippi State of years past. Some on here need to drop that mentality. We have quite a few alumni and supporters that this IPF is not a matter of will but when it will happen

vCash
    Why not just replace The Palmiero Center. Tear it down and the little baseball office so that it can be enlarged. Incorporate the baseball offices into the new structure.

vCash
    We have multi millionaire NFL players as Alumni. We need our dynamic AD to schedule a little off season meeting with all of them!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdawg View Post
    Approach Dak. Offer to name it the Peggy Prescott Center in honor of his mom. They players are going to end up calling it something like the "Dak Shack" anyway. Maybe employ the architecture firm Jerry Jones used on their practice facility to do a small project (in their scope of work), and build an indoor practice facility to the east of the Seal Center at the edge of the Loft parking lot where the big pile of dirt and construction dumpsters are now. It would be closer to the outdoor practice fields and on unused property that overlooks the practice fields.
    Dak has been approached. We met w him in California this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Many will disagree but incredible waste of money
    Somewhat agree, just put that money into the south endzone project.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    My biggest concern... Yes we just won a NC in Baseball but we need to strike while the iron is hot and do more upgrades in the Palmeiro Center.

Arkansas has some of the best baseball indoor facilities. we were ranked #3 behind vandy and them last year.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...-top-notch-fa/

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/facil...aining-center/
    The weather in Fayetteville requires good indoor practice facilities for baseball in early Spring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I was talking about building the structure to match our atmosphere. I know many think that it was bound to happen sooner or later, but we went a very long time being the bridesmaid, and when we got that shiny new diamond, we got our NC. I guess my biggest point is that a National championship isn?t a clearance budget item.
    Ok, guess we disagree. You think we have to have some massive structure in order to win.

My point is you don't buy a NC. Every school has good facilities. Clemson, FSU in football were not world class facilities when they won.

Sticking to baseball, where is USC or Coastal Carolina's great facility for their baseball NC runs?

I'm not against good facilities but we got nice facilities. NC programs is a lot more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Imagine living in the nicest neighborhood in town. This neighborhood has the biggest houses in town. Your house is 1 of the smaller in the neighborhood but you're still in the neighborhood. Now everyone in the subdivision builds the biggest largest fanciest pools you can get. Well you decide to go to Walmart & buy a little splash pool for your kids. The neighbors don't say anything to your face but all talk behind your back. All of a sudden your house & property loses value because of that cheap pool. That's MSU & the Palmeiro.

If recruiting is the lifeblood of your program & every one of your competitors are walking recruits through their stadium, football facilities, & IPF then we take them to the Palmeiro or say we don't have 1 it looks 2nd rate. Everyone has 1 but us. It makes no sense & it's not that hard to build around the turf field with a walkway from the weight room. I've heard David Murray say it would stop the coaches from being able to see the field from the balcony of the Seal or their offices. I've seen several IPF's with either glass windows on the side or the raised garage door style openings on the side. It's a weak excuse. We're bringing in more money than we ever have & it's about to go up with Texas & Oklahoma coming. Get it done.
    I agree with you and think we need an IPF. I don?t agree with the analogy because most of the folks in the big houses have mortgages and car payments. Maybe the dude in the smaller house has all his stuff paid for. In football you have to keep up with the Jones. In life it ain?t worth it.

vCash
    I don't think an IPF would move the needle much for our recruiting, and wouldnt make any difference after about 4-5 years. The return isn't worth the investment. Northwestern has the paragon of IPFs and it doesn't change things that much recruiting wise, and it is a truly a marvel of a place. We will be hitting the portal every year anyway, since we can't recruit well enough to fill our all needs every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I definitely disagree.
    I disagree 100% as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't think an IPF would move the needle much for our recruiting, and wouldnt make any difference after about 4-5 years. The return isn't worth the investment. Northwestern has the paragon of IPFs and it doesn't change things that much recruiting wise, and it is a truly a marvel of a place. We will be hitting the portal every year anyway, since we can't recruit well enough to fill our all needs every year.
    Agree! And they actually need an IPF with the weather they have.