Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was looking at an overhead view of MSU practice facility.

vCash
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    slapping a roof over our already nice turf practice field doesn't fire me up. I like how our weight room has a bay door that opens right out onto the practice field.
    That doesn't have to be the situation. That's just the easiest way to get it done. We're low on space on that side of campus. We have multiple grass fields beside the turf field, we could build it there. Where & how is just semantics to me. It needs to be done no matter how it gets done.

vCash
    Definitely need an IPF. And I'm not sure building it around the turf field is the answer, unless we really pump funds into it...the worst thing would be pump a ton in it and it still look meh bc we tried to build around the turf field instead of just starting from scratch and hitting a homerun that we can be proud of for years to come.

Get with Dak Prescott and tell him we're going to put a statue of him in it and call it the Dak Dome, or whatever the hell he wants if he will help fund it. Make it a spectacle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Definitely need an IPF. And I'm not sure building it around the turf field is the answer, unless we really pump funds into it...the worst thing would be pump a ton in it and it still look meh bc we tried to build around the turf field instead of just starting from scratch and hitting a homerun that we can be proud of for years to come.

Get with Dak Prescott and tell him we're going to put a statue of him in it and call it the Dak Dome, or whatever the hell he wants if he will help fund it. Make it a spectacle
    This!

vCash

It makes sense to use the location of the turf field because it can be integrated into the existing football complex. Go straight from the weight room and meeting rooms into the IFP.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

Agree. Go all out if we're going to do it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

We have some great architects and engineers who are alumni that I believe could make it turn out wonderfully. I say that without having any real knowledge of the existing conditions. I'm sure my firm could do it though

vCash
    slapping a roof over our already nice turf practice field doesn't fire me up. I like how our weight room has a bay door that opens right out onto the practice field.
    It's the best choice. Only other option would be the field I remember mostly used by the kickers that is next to the tennis and softball complex. but then it's wayyy away from the weightroom and football complex.. not a good choice.
    wondered if we could flip the fields and put it on the NW corner of the football complex but nope.. would be sitting in the middle of HWY 12

vCash

I like this idea! Dak's got a little discretionary income to spend right now, lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree. Go all out if we're going to do it.
    Absolutely right, do it right and don't halfway do it.

vCash
    A look at other faculties in the SEC from 7 year
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...e-facilities/s ago..

UGA just built a massive one that took up 2 of their practice facilities and it's shared with indoor track and field.

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/pro...-ga#next-slide
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 10-08-2021 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    My biggest concern... Yes we just won a NC in Baseball but we need to strike while the iron is hot and do more upgrades in the Palmeiro Center.

Arkansas has some of the best baseball indoor facilities. we were ranked #3 behind vandy and them last year.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...-top-notch-fa/

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/facil...aining-center/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    What would that be I'm all ears?
    An outdoor kitchen! Sam's got dem griddles on sale.

Seriously, How many fields are used on any given practice? Or for the most part? There are 4 fields currently. Also, doesn't Leach use Scott Field on occasion?

Seems to me you build a new IPF on top of one of the existing fields and you still have 4-5 fields to practice on. One just happens to be indoors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    It's the best choice. Only other option would be the field I remember mostly used by the kickers that is next to the tennis and softball complex. but then it's wayyy away from the weightroom and football complex.. not a good choice.
    wondered if we could flip the fields and put it on the NW corner of the football complex but nope.. would be sitting in the middle of HWY 12
    Yes and that's my concern. Don't do it, just to do it. Maybe there are other player experience upgrades we can make that would help in recruiting.

vCash
    Jomo could have used a lazy river at the practice facility.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    You have to have facilities to compete for recruiting. At this point even Vanderbilt will have nicer indoor facilities than us
    And we will still beat Vandy every time we play them. I doubt it will change recruiting one bit.

vCash
    We built the Carnegie Hall of baseball and look how it has paid off. We are finally off the list of nobodies? if we can?t or won?t do the same for football, our biggest revenue driver, it?s an indictment on JC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    We built the Carnegie Hall of baseball and look how it has paid off. We are finally off the list of nobodies? if we can?t or won?t do the same for football, our biggest revenue driver, it?s an indictment on JC.
    We were called the Carnegie Hall of baseball before the new Dude because of the atmosphere not the facility.

We were going to win a NC in baseball at some point regardless of a new Dude or not. Not saying it wasn't good and puts us in an even better spot but just having nice facilities doesn't win NC. There is a long list of schools who have spent tons of money and no NC - look at TAMU for one.

Banned
    vCash
    Yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We were called the Carnegie Hall of baseball before the new Dude because of the atmosphere not the facility.

We were going to win a NC in baseball at some point regardless of a new Dude or not. Not saying it wasn't good and puts us in an even better spot but just having nice facilities doesn't win NC. There is a long list of schools who have spent tons of money and no NC - look at TAMU for one.
    So true. Look at the basketball facility Duke plays in, vs what Tennessee plays in.