Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Line- Bama -21 next Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think MSU Bama will be fairly low scoring

If our OL can block their 3 or 4, I think we?re going to March up and down the field but not be able to score in the RZ. That?ll run clock.

Bama on the other hand was 5th in the nation in 30+ yard plays in 2020, but 87th this year. So I suspect they?ll grind out long drives as well.

24-13 Bama
    That would be a big victory for us if that happened. I see bama by 35 or so.

vCash
    I think we have a really good DC, our defense is average but they play hard and they are somewhat young. We lost some really good players from last year also, in saying this, our defense has given up a lot of points and with Bama having by far the best offense they have faced, I see Bama putting up about what they are averaging, 40 plus points. Hope I am wrong, I also see us in a lot of three and our situations. Too much talent and coaching for us to over come this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Bama -21
    Georgia -24 (but I'll stay away from it. If it was in Lexington, no way, but UGA will roll in Athens)
    Florida -3.5
    Arkansas rolls

Might be a good teaser for you, coach. Those lines seem like no brainers with an additional 6.0-7.0 pts teased in. Or just parlay that bad boy and potentially rack up
    I'm gonna keep teasing Bama/Georgia and continue to make money
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    That would be a big victory for us if that happened. I see bama by 35 or so.
    That's fine. What's your thought process on how that happens?

To lose by 35, IMO, our OL will have to really struggle to protect Will, which is completely possible. I'm optimistic though due to how they played vs LSU & A&M
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think we have a really good DC, our defense is average but they play hard and they are somewhat young. We lost some really good players from last year also, in saying this, our defense has given up a lot of points and with Bama having by far the best offense they have faced, I see Bama putting up about what they are averaging, 40 plus points. Hope I am wrong, I also see us in a lot of three and our situations. Too much talent and coaching for us to over come this week.
    Perhaps. For Bama to score 40, they're going to need the ball a lot, so 3 & outs will be necessary. In the past two weeks vs A&M & LSU, we've had exactly 1 3 & out.

So, Bama's defense will need to be light years better than LSU & A&M's defense for us to have numerous 3 & outs.

That may very well happen but I'd caution two things:

- This offense is very different than the ones we've ever run against Bama
    - When we played Bama last year, we didn't have a QB & our center James Jackson, according to Rosebowl, couldn't call the protections. Those two issues have been solved

vCash
    That's fine. What's your thought process on how that happens?

To lose by 35, IMO, our OL will have to really struggle to protect Will, which is completely possible. I'm optimistic though due to how they played vs LSU & A&M
    AL is head and shoulders over us and everyone else on the conference except UGA. We rarely play them a good game. Like you I am pleased with our progress but just don't see keeping this game close. I hope you're right tho.....that would add to our confidence level and help down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    AL is head and shoulders over us and everyone else on the conference except UGA. We rarely play them a good game. Like you I am pleased with our progress but just don't see keeping this game close. I hope you're right tho.....that would add to our confidence level and help down the stretch.
    We'll see. You're probably right, but cautiously optimistic that their is a path to competitiveness in this game. We'll know more tomorrow after watching them play A&M

vCash
    Perhaps. For Bama to score 40, they're going to need the ball a lot, so 3 & outs will be necessary. In the past two weeks vs A&M & LSU, we've had exactly 1 3 & out.

So, Bama's defense will need to be light years better than LSU & A&M's defense for us to have numerous 3 & outs.

That may very well happen but I'd caution two things:

- This offense is very different than the ones we've ever run against Bama
    - When we played Bama last year, we didn't have a QB & our center James Jackson, according to Rosebowl, couldn't call the protections. Those two issues have been solved
    Bama is just getting warmed up Gun, they killed a good Bearshark offense, also they have played it safe with a young QB who came alive last weekend. It's scary how balanced they can be when need to be. Never under estimate a Saban team, he has proven at least to me to be the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Bama is just getting warmed up Gun, they killed a good Bearshark offense, also they have played it safe with a young QB who came alive last weekend. It's scary how balanced they can be when need to be. Never under estimate a Saban team, he has proven at least to me to be the GOAT.
    Perhaps. Very good chance you're correct. We'll know more tomorrow I think.

vCash
    Perhaps. Very good chance you're correct. We'll know more tomorrow I think.
    Bama gonna beat A&M by 20-plus. I'll be surprised if A&M scores more than 10
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bama gonna beat A&M by 20-plus. I'll be surprised if A&M scores more than 10
    I agree with that. A&M has no chance with Calzone. I'm just interested to see what Bama looks like vs them on the LOS.

I think MSU can stay in the Bama game if our OL can hold up like they did vs A&M & LSU, but I have no clue how Bama's DL compares to LSU's or A&M's. I know they've both recruited similary

vCash
    Dam 34 you're being too gracious to AM by saying they will even score. Bama should beat them by 35.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    If we cover the 21 I will be ecstatic! Unless its like 21-0. Id even take 21-7.
    I would too but ain't happening. Now some have gone to the other extreme. We beat a so-so A&M team albeit they have a good D. Now the other side of our fanbase thinks we can go play close to Bama this year. Ain't happening.

Bama & GA are the cream and the rest of league is so-so. Not that Bama is a juggernaut this year but they still the cream. We can play with the so-so teams.

They'll beat us by 4 TDs at least IMO. Wave after wave of 4 and 5* players rotating takes a toll on limited depth/talent of other teams. Only GA can match those waves of talent.

Banned
    vCash
    I've always enjoyed the comfortably numb beat off week after a kick ass win but shit just seemed to bite my ass the next game.

17 it. We gonna whip Bamer's ASS. 17 all you pu$$ies.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I would take State.

I kind of feel like Bama is going to lose a regular season game this year at some point.

- Bama is excellent, but they aren't quite as dominant as they have been in past years.
    - We are improving especially on offense
    - Second night road game in 2 weeks for Bama. Our game will be somewhat overlooked by them.
    - Playing a gimmicky offense that is tough to get ready for in one week.

I'd go Bama 38 State 27