Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs To A Bowl?

vCash

Dawgs To A Bowl?

First post by a newbie! Probably too early to guess, but if Vandy is a W and TN is a "could be", where does win 6 come from? Obviously I hope we knock OM's dick in the dirt, but they're scary this year so I'd like to hear what yall have to say.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We don't play TN we play TSU. We don't know if OM is scary yet or not. We know they have a good offense. That's all we know right now.

vCash
    Every game but Bama is winnable, although 3-4 of those games are toss-ups at best. That said, I like our chances of winning the two we absolutely have no business losing and then winning at least one toss up somewhere.

vCash
    Oops! That was a typo on my part!

vCash
    So we should beat Vandy and TN State which gets us to 5. Therefore we need one win out of:

Bama - it would take a extreme bout of stomach flu and Bama only having their 4th string to play Ironman football

UK - at home when we are honoring the National Championship baseball team. The crowd should be pumped unless the SEC 17s us and gives us a 11 am game. UK has a good defense but not better than A&M who we just beat. UK offense isn't that great. They beat UF but also struggled to beat UT Chattanooga. This is a toss up at home.

Ark - at Ark. Our defense actually matches up well with their offense. We will see what Ark has in the tank in November. I think this is maybe 40% chance to win.

AU - at AU. Played a pretty good game at Penn State but otherwise doesn't really look better than us. I think this is a toss up.

Ole Miss - at home. Pretty much is almost always a toss up. As bad as we were last year, we were a fumble at the 1 yard line away from winning in Oxford. This is at home but just based on history still just a toss up.

I like our chances of getting at least one win out of those remaining winnable games. I would be very happy with 2 out of 4 even though we should have two winnable home games. I could see us winning a road game then dropping a home game.

vCash
    we will beat both Vanderbilt and Tennessee State.
    That leaves 1 win to get to a bowl

I have a feeling that Kentucky is not as good as people think. I think Kentucky is 2012 " we believe" Mississippi state is about to get humbled against Georgia in 2 weeks. We have them in starkville so I think we win that game

At Arkansas is gonna be tough. Arkansas is a very experienced team and if it is a night game, it will be VERY tough. I see that as a loss

At auburn is always hard. winning in jordan hare is always impressive. I see this as a loss

Home against ole miss. I think this will come down to the very end. Night game in starkville. Crowd is gonna be LOUD. Ole miss could possibility come into this game with 9 or 10 wins total on the season and that's because their schedule is easy, we will learn a lot from ole miss when they play Arkansas. I could see this game going either way.

I think we are gonna end up 6-6. There is a possibility of 7-5. Next looks even worse than this year because we have Georgia coming to starkville and traveling to Kentucky.

vCash
    We have a better shot at winning 7 games then we do only winning 5. We are more than likely going bowling. As others pointed out, we have 2 near guaranteed wins and 1, very likely loss. We have 4 other games, none of which are teams that look great. It's highly unlikely that we would lose to all 4 of those teams who are at best slightly better than us.

vCash
    There's a ton of football to be played but I saw USA today's bowl projections earlier this week. They have us playing in the Gator Bowl against Notre Dame. I'd take that in a heartbeat. 6 wins won't get you the Gator. 7, maybe depending on the rest of the tie ins. Hell, we may not even get to 6 wins. Auburn and Upig on the road are likely losses. That leaves UK and UM. Those are toss ups.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    There's a ton of football to be played but I saw USA today's bowl projections earlier this week. They have us playing in the Gator Bowl against Notre Dame. I'd take that in a heartbeat. 6 wins won't get you the Gator. 7, maybe depending on the rest of the tie ins. Hell, we may not even get to 6 wins. Auburn and Upig on the road are likely losses. That leaves UK and UM. Those are toss ups.
    I don't think we know enough about us, Ark, Auburn, KY, or OM to say any game is a likely loss or win yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't think we know enough about us, Ark, Auburn, KY, or OM to say any game is a likely loss or win yet.
    I would say right now that they are toss ups.

vCash
    For State fans they are toss ups but for the vast majority of the CFB world we would be underdogs in all 4 of those games.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaDawg View Post
    First post by a newbie! Probably too early to guess, but if Vandy is a W and TN is a "could be", where does win 6 come from? Obviously I hope we knock OM's dick in the dirt, but they're scary this year so I'd like to hear what yall have to say.
    I think we beat UK, Tenn State and at least 1 between Arkansas or Ole Miss

vCash
    I think we are going to kick ourselves at the end of the year over the Memphis and LSU losses. I almost despise losing to teams we should beat(Memphis) more than I enjoy beating a team like A&M.

vCash
    Kentucky just looks to be a better football team than A&M. Being at home helps in this game. Through the years- teams have struggled to cover the Spread the week AFTER playing Bama. Look for a low spread/pick'em line for this one. Kentucky also has 2 weeks to get ready for us

At Auburn? Dont get your hopes up here.

At UPig in November? Never know here. Weather could be anything from a moderate sunny day to a rainy, cold trip to Hell. UPig also gets 2 weeks to get ready for us- Def Toss-up

Mississippi? Toss-up

We'll have 4 shots at 6 wins. Dont be surprised if it comes down to the last one
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We'll have 4 shots at 6 wins. Dont be surprised if it comes down to the last one
    Which should be a must win for Mike, regardless. His history of not prioritizing rivalry games needs revision.

vCash
    You can guarantee it will be colder than a well diggers ass at Arky in Nov

vCash
    We'll get 6 wins. Kentucky is the most likely one, so need to take care of business at home

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Kentucky just looks to be a better football team than A&M. Being at home helps in this game. Through the years- teams have struggled to cover the Spread the week AFTER playing Bama. Look for a low spread/pick'em line for this one. Kentucky also has 2 weeks to get ready for us

At Auburn? Dont get your hopes up here.

At UPig in November? Never know here. Weather could be anything from a moderate sunny day to a rainy, cold trip to Hell. UPig also gets 2 weeks to get ready for us- Def Toss-up

Mississippi? Toss-up

You've already said emphatically post season was off limits before the NC State game. So, with ALL due respect, you should consider STFU wicho backtracking ass.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 10-06-2021 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Which should be a must win for Mike, regardless. His history of not prioritizing rivalry games needs revision.
    agree, 6-6 isnt going to get too many excited with a loss in Game 12. 5-7 with a loss in Game 12 would make for long shitty offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    You've already said emphatically post season was off limits before the NC State game. So, with ALL due respect, you should consider STFU.
    lmao- and 5-7 would still not surprise at this point. I said what I said. A&M with Calzone at QB is not as good as those 4 teams