Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who does lsu hire after they fire Coach O

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    First call is Eric Bieniemy. He was born in New Orleans and there's been rumor he would come to college. There seems to be mutual interest between him and USC so LSU might call.

Next you call Joe Brady and see if he wants to come back as head coach. He's 32 but that dude can coach an offense up. He's worth taking a risk on.

Then you look at Napier and offer him a lot of money if those other 2 turn you down.
    Bieniemy has slipped well down the USC list as of now. He is still on it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It will be a splash hire. Napier isn't a big enough or flashy enough name for Woodard. LSU considers themselves too big to hire the ULL coach. Kiffin will be the fall back if they can't get a big name. Brady will have a NFL job this offseason & this seems to be the year that Bienemy finally grabs 1 as well. If Urban comes back to college it's for USC not to compete in the same division as Saban.
    Urban's little video has him OFF the USC board according to what I'm hearing.

vCash
    The obvious elephant in the room is who their president is now and the liberal governor. I think this search will turn into a power struggle with hiring a minority being the main qualification. It could get very ugly before it is completed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    The obvious elephant in the room is who their president is now and the liberal governor. I think this search will turn into a power struggle with hiring a minority being the main qualification. It could get very ugly before it is completed.
    The LSU football handlers are more powerful than the governor. No way they make a political hire. I mean damn they rigged a lottery for a recruit.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Great OC. Head coach? Maybe not.
    You never know until you hire them. Sometimes you get Dan Mullen sometimes you get Joe Moorhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Urban's little video has him OFF the USC board according to what I'm hearing.
    Yea he's off the board until he tells them I want the job. That video isn't causing the 2nd best college HC of this generation not to get a job.

vCash
    Don't sleep on Bobby Petrino.

He got Missouri State back to the FCS playoffs for the first time in 30 years in Year 1, and they're probably going to make it again this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Don't sleep on Bobby Petrino.

He got Missouri State back to the FCS playoffs for the first time in 30 years in Year 1, and they're probably going to make it again this year.
    We're all sleep & tucked in on Petrino. He never got a blue blood job in his prime he damn sure not getting 1 now.

vCash
    Jimbo is on their list. Their fans will still take him because he's an obvious upgrade over O and I doubt A&M would even put up much of a fight at this point because it could get sideways FAST in Aggieland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I have been reading their message boards over at " TigerDroppings" and those guys HATE the potential of urban very much from what I am seeing. They think the pressure of going up against Alabama will force him to retire again after only 2 or 3 seasons. Lane Kiffin is 50/50 on their message board. One side thinks he will lead them past Alabama and the other thinks he will leave their program destroyed.
    I agree Urban would "retire" again before too long (and I don't think he'd be in a hurry to get back to the SEC grind), but I think it's worth it unless you have another sure thing coach you are picking him over. Not that I pay a ton of attention, but I don't see any super attractive candidates out there. Kiffen is a good offensive coach, but I'd still be concerned about paying him >$6M a year. Just not convinced he can handle success yet and would want to see him sustain some success before backing up the brinks truck to him. Napier I think would be solid but there will be a coach like him out there for the picking every year if you're LSU.

vCash
    Meyer wouldn?t go to LSU because he doesn?t want to deal with Saban on a yearly basis. I think this could actually hold a top coach back from taking the job. I wonder if they will try to poach Dabo but I think Dabo will stay at Clemson until Saban retires

vCash
    I think they will go offense and I think they will want a proven head coach.

I could see them calling mullen honestly if Dan gets to 9-3 this year. Kiffin would get a call. Freeze too. But there will prob be some concern that neither are adults who can handle the job given recent antics. No way they are going stoops or Napier.

One thing you have to remember is they are under ncaa investigation and title IX investigation.
    Last edited by confucius say; 10-06-2021 at 10:23 AM.

vCash
    I could see them going after Napier when Popcorn leaves.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Ole Miss will pay Lane $15 million a year and bankrupt their program before they allow LSU or MSU to steal a coach from them. It's all about Perception up there, remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ole Miss will pay Lane $15 million a year and bankrupt their program before they allow LSU or MSU to steal a coach from them. It's all about Perception up there, remember
    I agree but to extent. If Lsu calls Lane Kiffin later this season and says we want you, I think Ole Miss would Offer at most like 7.5 million a year at kiffin. I personally think the guy is a great offensive mind but I don't see him as the leader of a Powerhouse team or program. I think he would be stupid to leave ole miss because he could win 7-8 games a year there and never get fired but if he goes to LSU he HAS to beat saban regularly and win 10+ a year and every other year have a team that has a shot at the Natty.

I dont think mullen would leave for LSU but I could seriously see mullen head to USC, he's a west coast guy. Lane would take that Florida job in a heartbeat because Florida is less pressure than LSU and its in the east and he wouldn't have to play saban/bama every year. I think if Florida and LSU open at the same time, Florida will get the better coach than LSU cause of the whole situation.

vCash
    They might not have much choice but to go after someone that is willing to deal with the NCAA issues. Freeze would be too risky given the situation they are in. USCw will probably go NFL coordinator route but LSU is not going to want that unless it?s Brady who will probably be an NFL coach in the next couple years. They might have to go with someone like Fleck if they are set on getting rid of O this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I think they will go offense and I think they will want a proven head coach.

I could see them calling mullen honestly if Dan gets to 9-3 this year. Kiffin would get a call. Freeze too. But there will prob be some concern that neither are adults who can handle the job given recent antics. No way they are going stoops or Napier.

One thing you have to remember is they are under ncaa investigation and title IX investigation.
    Mullen would be a good, safe hire for them, but damn would they be overpaying. He's at $7.6M at UF. Assuming he has a decent sized buyout, they'd probably have to pay him $8.5 per to make that enticing at all for Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Urban's little video has him OFF the USC board according to what I'm reading .
    FIFY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yea he's off the board until he tells them I want the job. That video isn't causing the 2nd best college HC of this generation not to get a job.
    100% 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    And also, MANNING AT LSU WITH KIFFIN.
    Manning is going to be a Bulldog. The UGA kind/