Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who does lsu hire after they fire Coach O

vCash

Who does lsu hire after they fire Coach O

We all know that coach O is getting fired this season. The rest of there schedule is absolutely brutal and they may possibly go 7-5 or even worse. I?ve seen a lot of names thrown out there like kiffin, meyer, luke fickell , pj fleck, etc. I could realistically see mark stoops taking the Lsu job. He?s done an excellent job at kentucky. I also wonder if Kiffin does leave ole miss , who does ole miss hire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    We all know that coach O is getting fired this season. The rest of there schedule is absolutely brutal and they may possibly go 7-5 or even worse. I?ve seen a lot of names thrown out there like kiffin, meyer, luke fickell , pj fleck, etc. I could realistically see mark stoops taking the Lsu job. He?s done an excellent job at kentucky. I also wonder if Kiffin does leave ole miss , who does ole miss hire?
    Napier to somewhere?

vCash
    I think Urban will fit in there nicely.

vCash
    First call is Eric Bieniemy. He was born in New Orleans and there's been rumor he would come to college. There seems to be mutual interest between him and USC so LSU might call.

Next you call Joe Brady and see if he wants to come back as head coach. He's 32 but that dude can coach an offense up. He's worth taking a risk on.

Then you look at Napier and offer him a lot of money if those other 2 turn you down.

vCash
    I could see them going with Napier but who knows if he would accept it. He turned down Auburn so I?m thinking he is waiting for Clemson. I don?t really think Napier is all that so I kind of hope LSU hires him because I see a lot of 7-5 and 8-4 seasons there if they hire him

vCash
    Napier is my guess. After that, I would put Neal Brown as the favorite.

vCash
    Kiffin will be the first call. They're going to want to make a splash hire this time. Napier isn't going to excite their fan base and neither will his style of football.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Urban.

At this point LSU don't GAF and will hire Urban. Their relevancy is dwindling fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Urban.

At this point LSU don't GAF and will hire Urban. Their relevancy is dwindling fast.
    I have been reading their message boards over at " TigerDroppings" and those guys HATE the potential of urban very much from what I am seeing. They think the pressure of going up against Alabama will force him to retire again after only 2 or 3 seasons. Lane Kiffin is 50/50 on their message board. One side thinks he will lead them past Alabama and the other thinks he will leave their program destroyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Kiffin will be the first call. They're going to want to make a splash hire this time. Napier isn't going to excite their fan base and neither will his style of football.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I have been reading their message boards over at " TigerDroppings" and those guys HATE the potential of urban very much from what I am seeing. They think the pressure of going up against Alabama will force him to retire again after only 2 or 3 seasons. Lane Kiffin is 50/50 on their message board. One side thinks he will lead them past Alabama and the other thinks he will leave their program destroyed.
    If Lane leaves for BR all of Oxford will be placed on a suicide watch.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    It will be a splash hire. Napier isn't a big enough or flashy enough name for Woodard. LSU considers themselves too big to hire the ULL coach. Kiffin will be the fall back if they can't get a big name. Brady will have a NFL job this offseason & this seems to be the year that Bienemy finally grabs 1 as well. If Urban comes back to college it's for USC not to compete in the same division as Saban.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    They'll just promote Jeff Lebby likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I have been reading their message boards over at " Tigerdroppings". Their fan base is 50/50 on kiffin. One side thinks he will push them over Alabama and then the other thinks he's a phony and a fraud who will destroy their program. I agree that they want to make a huge hire, I also could see a possibility of a huge chain of events. It all depends on what happens with Urban Meyer. I realistically could see a scenario where Mullen realizes its not going to work before florida does and he is the one to jump ship to USC. That leaves florida open and LSU and florida could be in a bidding war for lane kiffin and then I would have no idea what ole miss would do, their fan base would be beyond pissed.

vCash
    And also, MANNING AT LSU WITH KIFFIN.

vCash
    And also, MANNING AT LSU WITH KIFFIN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    They'll just promote Jeff Lebby likely.
    Great OC. Head coach? Maybe not.

vCash
    Chip Kelly

vCash
    Hugh Freeze- and he could get Arch to stay home, I would think??? No matter what, time to get some popcorn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    Hugh Freeze- and he could get Arch to stay home, I would think??? No matter what, time to get some popcorn.
    Freeze to LSU. I could see it.