Last week in a thread, there was a discussion with Prediction Pain, myself, and a couple of others about the narrative that had been popping up about us stalling in the redzone.
In truth, when you looked at the drive charts and our Red Zone percentages, we were actually stalling out just outside the redzone.

This got me thinking about another narrative that seems to have popped up - the "pushing us to make 14 play long drives that stall or force a mistake." While it would take a hefty analysis to look at success rates of drives of certain numbers of plays vs. others (which I don't have the patience or math skills to complete), I did do a quick sample scan through a few season to compare how many Drives of 10 plays or more we averaged per game. I selected '14, '15, '17, '20 SEC games only so I had relative samples to compare.
'14 - 2.25 drives per game
'15 - 2.375 drives per game
'17 - 2.5 drives per game
'20 - 1.7 drives per game

In '21, so far we have seen an average of 3.5 drives of 10 plays or more in 2 SEC games. For the season - to get a little larger sample size - we are averaging 2.2

Interestingly, in the 3 Mullen seasons, the Alabama game led every year with 4 drives of 10 or more plays. In our 3 SEC wins in 2020, we averaged 1 drive of 10 plays or more. In '21, we have averaged 1.7 in our 3 wins.

I'm not sure what it means - but it seem to discount the idea that for the Air Raid to lead us to SEC wins that we had to have long, sustained drives.