Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are your 3rd, 4th, and 5th best SEC teams?

vCash

Who are your 3rd, 4th, and 5th best SEC teams?

Me:

1) Bama
    2) UGA

3) UK (yes UK)
    4) Barn
    5) ???? I have no idea, I would guess maybe Mississippi

vCash
    I think there's a good 3rd place matchup this week in ark and OM. Not saying winner is 3rd, but they very well could be. I don't hold last week against either team

vCash
    your 1 and 2 are good.

ill take your 3rd.
    4. Arkansas.
    5. Florida. I know they just lost, but, they should beat everyone else. We will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    your 1 and 2 are good.

ill take your 3rd.
    4. Arkansas.
    5. Florida. I know they just lost, but, they should beat everyone else. We will see.
    Florida most likely losing to Georgia

vCash
    Kentucky, Arky Fla.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Florida most likely losing to Georgia
    That's why Georgia is number two.

vCash
    Georgia is beating Alabama this year if they're Qb is back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Georgia is beating Alabama this year if they're Qb is back.
    I think Georgia is the better team, but they've found a way to lose twice (title game and sec champ) as the better team already. If they choke away another one this year, it's just who they are at this point

vCash
    1 Bama (has to be until UGA can prove to beat them)
    2 UGA (looked solid all year also #2 in country)
    3 UK (Have to put them here but I think they end 9-3)
    4 Florida (Bad game @UK but still better than the rest below- should win out except UGA game)
    5 Arkansas (I put them above Ole Miss just because they have 2 better wins but this might change Saturday)
    6 Ole Miss (Not enough data but good talent. Need to beat Ark to prove top 5 in SEC)
    7 Auburn (Harsin was a good hire but he has work to do. Good win @LSU)
    8 State (We could be the 3rd best if we always play like we did against A&M or Nc State, or we could be 12 if we play like we did against Memphis and LSU)
    9 UT (Heupel is showing improvement and I think they end 7-5)
    10 LSU (Not living up to talent and O is in trouble if he doesn?t get it turned around)
    11 aTm (Very disappointing season so far. QB loss killed them and I only see them beating Missouri and USCe in SEC this year)
    12 USCe (Biggest mistake was not hiring Chadwell. Lots of rebuilding but need to give Beamer 3 years)
    13 Missouri (Their defense is awful. Drinkwitz might not have been ready for SEC)
    14 Vandy (They are almost Kansas bad)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    1 Bama (has to be until UGA can prove to beat them)
    2 UGA (looked solid all year also #2 in country)
    3 UK (Have to put them here but I think they end 9-3)
    4 Florida (Bad game @UK but still better than the rest below- should win out except UGA game)
    5 Arkansas (I put them above Ole Miss just because they have 2 better wins but this might change Saturday)
    6 Ole Miss (Not enough data but good talent. Need to beat Ark to prove top 5 in SEC)
    7 Auburn (Harsin was a good hire but he has work to do. Good win @LSU)
    8 State (We could be the 3rd best if we always play like we did against A&M or Nc State, or we could be 12 if we play like we did against Memphis and LSU)
    9 UT (Heupel is showing improvement and I think they end 7-5)
    10 LSU (Not living up to talent and O is in trouble if he doesn?t get it turned around)
    11 aTm (Very disappointing season so far. QB loss killed them and I only see them beating Missouri and USCe in SEC this year)
    12 USCe (Biggest mistake was not hiring Chadwell. Lots of rebuilding but need to give Beamer 3 years)
    13 Missouri (Their defense is awful. Drinkwitz might not have been ready for SEC)
    14 Vandy (They are almost Kansas bad)
    aTm is easily the most disappointing team in the sec, and jimbo has to shoulder that, qb or not.

vCash
    1 Bama (I think UGA is actually better right now, but giving Bama the benefit of the doubt til UGA beats them).
    2 UGA
    3 UF (people are over reacting to a bad road loss. They played like shit and lost the game with turnovers and special teams. It happens.)
    4 Auburn (They might should be 4th. A competitive loss to an undefeated PSU. A let down game against Georgia State. An ugly game against LSU but it was a night game in death valley. I think they end up not being that good but not sure that's a defensible position right now.)
    5/6 UK (UK is kind of like our 98 and 99 teams. They are going to win ugly a lot. So far they have been getting good bounces, but that could change and they could drop some to some bad teams).
    5/6 Ark (Not sure if Arkansas is really better than the rest, but they have the best win so far)
    7 UM (They could move up. Really don't know that they have yet. I really think 5th through 10th is pretty tight.)
    8/9/10 MSU, LSU, A&M (that's my homer order and think we're actually better than both of them, but we certainly haven't proven it yet)
    11 UT (Really don't know what they have. Looked good this weekend, but not before)
    12/13 USCe/Mizzu
    14 Vandy

vCash
    No way Auburn is in the top 5. You've obviously not watched their games. They should be 2-3 right now if not for the crazy "sell my soul" and incredibly lucky plays in the 4th quarter.

In no particular order, I'd say the 3-5 teams are Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Florida. Kentucky might be in there. I've not watched any of these teams play however.

There is a HUGE gap between the top 2 and #3. There will probably be a fairly average team in the Sugar bowl this year. If we had of won the games we should have, we would have had a very good chance of being that team. After the Bama game, no one on our schedules scares me. We have a legitimate chance of going 9-3. It's crazy to think we could have been 11-1. We would have been the worst 11-1 team in the history of the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    No way Auburn is in the top 5. You've obviously not watched their games. They should be 2-3 right now if not for the crazy "sell my soul" and incredibly lucky plays in the 4th quarter.

In no particular order, I'd say the 3-5 teams are Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Florida. Kentucky might be in there. I've not watched any of these teams play however.

There is a HUGE gap between the top 2 and #3. There will probably be a fairly average team in the Sugar bowl this year. If we had of won the games we should have, we would have had a very good chance of being that team. After the Bama game, no one on our schedules scares me. We have a legitimate chance of going 9-3. It's crazy to think we could have been 11-1. We would have been the worst 11-1 team in the history of the NCAA.
    9-3? Running the table of Kentucky, at ark, at auburn, and OM? I think you've gotten a little carried away. We literally lost at home to a team worse than all 4 a week ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    9-3? Running the table of Kentucky, at ark, at auburn, and OM? I think you've gotten a little carried away. We literally lost at home to a team worse than all 4 a week ago.
    I didn't say we would. I said we have a chance. you don't think we have a chance?

vCash
    1000%. Jimbo looks dated big time

vCash
    Wish I could argue a couple of these, but I tend to agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I didn't say we would. I said we have a chance. you don't think we have a chance?
    If you consider < 5% a chance, sure. I think the chances of losing all 4 is better than winning all 4 though.

vCash
    Current FPI chances of a state win...
    Kentucky 65.1%
    At ark 32.1%
    At auburn 33.9%
    OM 42.4%

Obviously this isn't the gospel. I'm sure we were a pretty good underdog in this metric Saturday

vCash
    If I'm putting out rankings, then I'd base is strictly on what's been done on the field. Who've you played, where'd you play, and what was the result.
    1. Bama
    2. Georgia
    3. Kentucky
    4. Florida
    5. Arkansas

If I'm saying who I think the best teams are right now regardless of record, just who I think are the best teams:
    1. Bama
    2. Georgia
    3. Florida
    4. Ole Miss
    5. Auburn

vCash
    I'm not sold whatsoever on Kentucky. Their only decent win is Florida who they beat with barely more than 200 yards of offense, and they were down to an FCS team in the 4th quarter two weeks ago.