Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Morning Thoughts

vCash

Monday Morning Thoughts

Sunday and Monday mornings are a lot better when you get a win. After the emotional roller coaster that was Saturday night I went back and watched the game yesterday afternoon.

1. Will is continually improving in this offense each and every week. He's going to continue to improve next year and depending on what we get back, next year could be a BIG year for this offense.

2. Marks could be a star. He's been bit by the injury bug the last couple of games but he's continued to go out there and grind for us. If we could find a way to get him 10-15 carries a game I really believe he can take that next step and be what Ealy is for OM.

3. Makai Polk. That's it. This kid is special.

4. We need to break down on sacks. I don't know how many sacks we've missed the last two weeks by flying in the backfield and the QB just side stepping to step up in the pocket and make the throw.

5. Arnett's D was a little bend but don't break this weekend and that was ok because of Calzada. They really gassed us at times between the 20s but when the field shortened up we really focused on the run and made Calzada beat us.....which he can't do.

6. We need to get Ruiz back ASAP.

7. Christian Ford and Austin Williams might be our two best possession receivers. They're not breaking any big gains after the catch, but they're going to come down with the ball.

8. We need to continue to find ways to get Tulu the ball. We also need to find ways to get the ball in the hands of Walley and Calvin. Those guys have breakaway speed and if you get them in open field they're going to make people miss.

9. The O Line is vastly improved and Mason Miller deserves a lot of credit for that. They still need to cut down on the mental mistakes, but they are improving each week.

10. Leach owns the Aggies.

vCash
    I'm interested to see how our offense looks against Bama.

We aren't going to win or keep it super close, but, if we can score in the 20s, I'm going to feel real good about where we're headed
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm interested to see how our offense looks against Bama.

We aren't going to win or keep it super close, but, if we can score in the 20s, I'm going to feel real good about where we're headed
    This team shouldn't be judged on bama game. We're gonna be smoked.

This team should be judged on Kentucky. Kentucky will stick with the zone, so it'll be a great test for our offense. Kentucky will run it, so it's a good matchup for our defense. That game is our midsession progress report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

This team should be judged on Kentucky. Kentucky will stick with the zone, so it'll be a great test for our offense. Kentucky will run it, so it's a good matchup for our defense. That game is our midsession progress report
    I concur.

But remember UK just beat a team running the offense a lot of folks wish we still did.

This is going to be an interesting match up.

vCash
    I love Leach's low key shade he threw at Jimbo during his post game presser when he was talking with Jackie. He told Jackie "I am glad it wasn't you coaching on the other side." lol just great.

vCash

I agree. Just saying I'm interested to see our offense vs Bama
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree. Just saying I'm interested to see our offense vs Bama
    Gotcha. The early drives are the ones I'll be interested in. Once they pull ahead by 20 points or so, I take nothing from those

ETA... I think we should play bama the exact same way kiffin did with the 4th downs. There's zero chance we beat them in a normally played game. If we hit 4 4th downs though, maybe lightning strikes. Who cares if we lose 55-7 instead of 38-13?
    Last edited by msstate7; 10-04-2021 at 09:51 AM.

vCash
    I was actually talking with a few buddies on Sunday and yea we know Bama is going to beat up on us but as others have said maybe if you can score in the high 20s, maybe keep it close for 2 and half quarters then you've got something to build on. After Bama there's not a team on our schedule who I look at and say there's no way we can beat them. Every team remaining has a glaring deficiency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I concur.

But remember UK just beat a team running the offense a lot of folks wish we still did.

This is going to be an interesting match up.
    With way more talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Sunday and Monday mornings are a lot better when you get a win. After the emotional roller coaster that was Saturday night I went back and watched the game yesterday afternoon.

1. Will is continually improving in this offense each and every week. He's going to continue to improve next year and depending on what we get back, next year could be a BIG year for this offense.

2. Marks could be a star. He's been bit by the injury bug the last couple of games but he's continued to go out there and grind for us. If we could find a way to get him 10-15 carries a game I really believe he can take that next step and be what Ealy is for OM.

3. Makai Polk. That's it. This kid is special.

4. We need to break down on sacks. I don't know how many sacks we've missed the last two weeks by flying in the backfield and the QB just side stepping to step up in the pocket and make the throw.

5. Arnett's D was a little bend but don't break this weekend and that was ok because of Calzada. They really gassed us at times between the 20s but when the field shortened up we really focused on the run and made Calzada beat us.....which he can't do.

6. We need to get Ruiz back ASAP.

7. Christian Ford and Austin Williams might be our two best possession receivers. They're not breaking any big gains after the catch, but they're going to come down with the ball.

8. We need to continue to find ways to get Tulu the ball. We also need to find ways to get the ball in the hands of Walley and Calvin. Those guys have breakaway speed and if you get them in open field they're going to make people miss.

9. The O Line is vastly improved and Mason Miller deserves a lot of credit for that. They still need to cut down on the mental mistakes, but they are improving each week.

10. Leach owns the Aggies.
    Completely agree! Tulu once everything clicks for him. I think can and should be an every down WR. Dude, plays big and breaks tackle, and catches everything.

I know the chance of us beating bama is like negative points. But, it will be a huge win for us if we can come away from that game knowing we can complete. I HATE absolutely HATE morale victories, but I will take it against bama this year. Because everything post Bama is completely winnable.

vCash
    Agreed...that was actually a smart move by Kiffin on the fourth downs even though a lot of folks have been critical of it.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

I still think you forfeit the game, allow our players another week to get healed up and then focus on winning the rest of them. I don't like forfeiting, but it does give us the best shot to stay healthy and work for 3 weeks on fundamentals and prep for the games we really need to win. KY and Ark.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Leach being 8-4 all time against aTm really pisses off the aggies, especially considering Jimbo has stacks of playsheets he's calling from on his sideline while Leach has that one napkin he looks at.

Bart Gregory said it yesterday: Jimbo has books of plays he uses, You know who else did? Sylvester Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I still think you forfeit the game, allow our players another week to get healed up and then focus on winning the rest of them. I don't like forfeiting, but it does give us the best shot to stay healthy and work for 3 weeks on fundamentals and prep for the games we really need to win. KY and Ark.
    You don't get better by shying away from competition. Yes, they could blow us out but some say A&M's defense was the best we will see all year personnel wise.

I say go out there, play another game and get another game better. Being scared to play the game is not the way to ever get better.

vCash
    Absolutely not. You lock the damn gates and go look for a fight. Don't shy away from anyone. That's how you keep that "Po Ole Mississippi State" attitude. We have no shot, so we just shouldn't even bother playing.

vCash
    Dont be surprised when Cross and Polk declare for the draft in April
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Forfeit the game! There is no forfeiting in football! (thanks to Tom Hanks for the inspiration)

I'm sure the traveling fans and ESPN would luv to see that happen.

vCash
    We aren't forfeiting the bama game, but if we secretly (hid from players) starting implementing our Kentucky game plan early, I wouldn't complain

vCash
    I thought Marks really stepped up this game. He seemed more elusive and faster. That made a difference on a few drives. Someone said he isn't 100% healthy. If true, he is going to be a great back when he is 100% healthy.

Also, tip of the cap to the coaching staff. The special teams play was clean. The missed FG was just poor execution by a young player. ALso, no turnovers. Huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Dont be surprised when Cross and Polk declare for the draft in April
    After the tech game I was worried about cross but he has been solid ever since. Made himself some money the other night.