Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expectations from LEACH/TEAM

vCash
    Are you guys capable of starting threads on the site?

I can reply but not start threads
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    I think we should start a thread about which SEC Fan bases that don't bitch. For logical reasons, UGA & Bamer wouldn't be good qualifiers. (At this time of course, let Saban or Kirby blow a few and see what happens.)
    Last edited by OLJWales; 10-05-2021 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylesandi338 View Post
    What in the world was the expectations for this team from all the negative "back seat" driver ANALYSIS?? A portion of this fanbase is toxic and chose to be negative. Life must be miserable for a bunch of yall. What were you expecting from a football coach/team that was rebuilding from the ground floor from a terrible previous hire "sleepy JOE" and a total 100% transformation on offense? You complained because we always ran the ball and wanted to be a gun slinging team. Now that we have transformed the offense, you want to go back to running the ball 80% of the time. I am just guessing, but I am pretty sure that anything MSU does will not be acceptable for a bunch of you negative analysis that believe you are professionals because you played 2 years of Jr. high school ball. . We have the youngest team in the division, We have improved every game, We have a QB that will shatter every QB record at MSU, we are winning games that we aren't suppose to win. We will not win the West this year, but we are trending in the right direction to be a legit contender in the SEC every few years. Our recruiting ranking are about to jump up and good WR are going to come here. I doubt seriously we ever win the WEST with BAMA/Saban. But we can compete with the rest of the division which is all we can hope for. So for the NEVER ending NEGATIVE fanbase, grow up and support the team. If not kick rocks and chose to be miserable. If you have a ligit complaint, point it out, But the problem is not this team, it is your outlook on life. This team is young and will have growing pains, but give them a chance. And btw we will lose to BAMA next week. Everyone knows this, so no need to bash this team on here next week like the sky is falling. After BAMA we will have a chance to run the table. Lets finish this season strong and build for a team that could be very special next year!!
    It's like real life... the miserable ones are the most outspoken, followed (far behind) by the sunshine pumpers, then comes the rest of us. The rest of us are, hopefully, the majority.

vCash
    Life must be miserable for a bunch of yall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylesandi338 View Post
    What in the world was the expectations for this team from all the negative "back seat" driver ANALYSIS?? A portion of this fanbase is toxic and chose to be negative. Life must be miserable for a bunch of yall. What were you expecting from a football coach/team that was rebuilding from the ground floor from a terrible previous hire "sleepy JOE" and a total 100% transformation on offense? You complained because we always ran the ball and wanted to be a gun slinging team. Now that we have transformed the offense, you want to go back to running the ball 80% of the time. I am just guessing, but I am pretty sure that anything MSU does will not be acceptable for a bunch of you negative analysis that believe you are professionals because you played 2 years of Jr. high school ball. . We have the youngest team in the division, We have improved every game, We have a QB that will shatter every QB record at MSU, we are winning games that we aren't suppose to win. We will not win the West this year, but we are trending in the right direction to be a legit contender in the SEC every few years. Our recruiting ranking are about to jump up and good WR are going to come here. I doubt seriously we ever win the WEST with BAMA/Saban. But we can compete with the rest of the division which is all we can hope for. So for the NEVER ending NEGATIVE fanbase, grow up and support the team. If not kick rocks and chose to be miserable. If you have a ligit complaint, point it out, But the problem is not this team, it is your outlook on life. This team is young and will have growing pains, but give them a chance. And btw we will lose to BAMA next week. Everyone knows this, so no need to bash this team on here next week like the sky is falling. After BAMA we will have a chance to run the table. Lets finish this season strong and build for a team that could be very special next year!!
    I think it?s ok to be both negative or positive as a fan. Any fan should be ?allowed? to be upset about a loss and have serious questions when your team loses to an inferior team. On the other hand it?s ok to be happy and hopeful after a good win. What I get tired of is those that are eternal sunshine pumpers or non-stop negative Nancy?s. They both like to lecture. Opposite sides of the same coin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Hard to say that anymore with the transfer portal. You use it right you can fill in holes. Also in 2 years you'll still have Walley, Tulu, RaRa, Knox, Moore, & whoever else we add from recruiting plus the portal.
    Not to mention the JUCO system which we use pretty well. Maybe moreso on defense but still.

vCash
    My expectations are as follows:

Beat FCS teams 100% of the time. No Maine's!

Beat G5 teams at a Dan Mullen level. With some context. I can tolerate losing to Memphis the way we did more than say losing to Tulane at home.

Beat P5/SEC teams that are non blue bloods a majority of the time at a Dan Mullen level. Obviously there will be years where Arkansas and Kentucky maybe have a really good team so some context is needed here as well.

Beat Blue Bloods a decent amount of the time and have a chance to beat them at a Jackie level.. In other words don't get blown out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    You sure we have the youngest in the division? What exactly are you basing that on? You might be right, but I really doubt it. The majority of our starters are juniors. I'd love to see the data though.
    Also, improved every game? Nah. Memphis was pretty sorry, even without the ending because Memphis is sorry and they should've even be in that contest with us, and NC State was our 2nd best performance as a team and really on par with the A&M game, just in different way. We're definitely up and down.

I support this team, I'm just not sure how good we are. We certainly haven't looked good leading up to this past weekend. This past weekend was a major step in the right direction, it seems, but I've thought that before. I hope it continues, but I'm not sure. I have my doubts.

People saying we make too many mistakes, or we're not pushing the ball down field enough, among other things aren't necessarily wrong, or even negative just because you take it that way. Same goes for people saying we're good, or we're real close. Even if I don't agree that Leach is going to turn us into a good program, doesn't mean you're wrong. You might be right, I just doubt it, and that's okay. It's okay that we don't know what's going to happen. It's okay that we don't agree on the state of the program or the performance on the field.

Finally, I'm not miserable at all. I might get angry or upset during a game, sure, but I also get super pumped, excited, and happy during games. I love our team, and I get emotional. I have opinions that are sometimes seen as negative, or sometimes seen as positive, but they're just my opinions. They're how I see what's unfolding.
    Amen. I feel the same way

vCash
    I guess sometimes I'm guilty of wanting State to win at a high level, so once I see that a coach isn't going to be able to do that, it's hard for me to get too optimistic about the future. Doesn't keep me from getting pumped during games, but it also makes me point out how certain things will hold us back from ultimate success if we dont fix them or change them altogether.

I feel like Leach can have some success here, but not the type of success we're all yearning for. Could he surprise us with a 9 win season....maybe. But how many 5-7/6-6's will we have to endure to get one? And is that our goal now? I thought we wanted to propel from the Mullen years if possible. That would be achieving similar or worse success (worse actually).

I guess I have always been that way. When I dated someone when I was younger, as soon as I saw a flaw that couldn't be changed and annoyed me, and I knew I couldn't live with that forever, I went ahead and ended it instead of dragging it out and hoping something changed when I knew it wouldn't.

So anyway, I like all you guys, and hope I'm not overly negative all the time. I'm just wired to want to see State win at the highest level. I thought that's what everyone wanted
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 10-06-2021 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My expectations are as follows:

Beat FCS teams 100% of the time. No Maine's!

Beat G5 teams at a Dan Mullen level. With some context. I can tolerate losing to Memphis the way we did more than say losing to Tulane at home.

Beat P5/SEC teams that are non blue bloods a majority of the time at a Dan Mullen level. Obviously there will be years where Arkansas and Kentucky maybe have a really good team so some context is needed here as well.

Beat Blue Bloods a decent amount of the time and have a chance to beat them at a Jackie level.. In other words don't get blown out.
    All of this is reasonable, and achievable with a good hire, provided LSU, Auburn, and A&M are considered blue bloods. If by Blue Bloods, you mean the top teams at the time, then that's a tall order. Not impossible, but unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Are you guys capable of starting threads on the site?

I can reply but not start threads
    Gun, same on my end. I thought they just didn't like my posts. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I guess sometimes I'm guilty of wanting State to win at a high level, so once I see that a coach isn't going to be able to do that, it's hard for me to get too optimistic about the future. Doesn't keep me from getting pumped during games, but it also makes me point out how certain things will hold us back from ultimate success if we dont fix them or change them altogether.

I feel like Leach can have some success here, but not the type of success we're all yearning for. Could he surprise us with a 9 win season....maybe. But how many 5-7/6-6's will we have to endure to get one? And is that our goal now? I thought we wanted to propel from the Mullen years if possible. That would be achieving similar or worse success (worse actually).

I guess I have always been that way. When I dated someone when I was younger, as soon as I saw a flaw that couldn't be changed and annoyed me, and I knew I couldn't live with that forever, I went ahead and ended it instead of dragging it out and hoping something changed when I knew it wouldn't.

So anyway, I like all you guys, and hope I'm not overly negative all the time. I'm just wired to want to see State win at the highest level. I thought that's what everyone wanted
    Brother, I am the same way. I will never buy into the thought that we cannot get to a high level of sustained winning. As many folks have stated, I do feel like it is our own culture that has gotten in the way. Booster not buying in, athletic department not really caring to change the status que. I would love to see what we can achieve once that takes place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I think it?s ok to be both negative or positive as a fan. Any fan should be ?allowed? to be upset about a loss and have serious questions when your team loses to an inferior team. On the other hand it?s ok to be happy and hopeful after a good win. What I get tired of is those that are eternal sunshine pumpers or non-stop negative Nancy?s. They both like to lecture. Opposite sides of the same coin.
    I agree. I can handle a negative take, and a positive take. What bothers me the most is people who have a problem with how I feel and aren't okay with either me being upset or positive because that's not how they feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree. I can handle a negative take, and a positive take. What bothers me the most is people who have a problem with how I feel and aren't okay with either me being upset or positive because that's not how they feel.
    retweet

vCash
    SPOT ON!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm not really seeing much reason for doubt right now.

I'm a little concerned about recruiting but I'm getting a sense that we may finish strong
    with the portal, recruiting isn't the same. if you can go grab 4-5 portal guys-then you don't have to recruit so High.. Calhoun-Polk-Charlton-Green--etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Arkansas' style of play is going to destroy us. Kentucky is capable. We have a tough row to hoe.
    dude-the Hogs QB can't pass for shit. If there is one thing our defense can do is stop the run.. so to me--KY and Ark. are running teams --our advantage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    dude-the Hogs QB can't pass for shit. If there is one thing our defense can do is stop the run.. so to me--KY and Ark. are running teams --our advantage
    Jefferson is 5th in the SEC in QB rating, Arkansas just doesn't hardly pass the ball much at all.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ating/dir/desc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Jefferson is 5th in the SEC in QB rating, Arkansas just doesn't hardly pass the ball much at all.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ating/dir/desc
    I think MSU/Arkansas is going to be a good game. It all depends on Barry Odom to me. He's an elite DC & has the creativity to give Leach problems. At the same time, Arkansas is a good matchup for MSU because we stop the run pretty well.

Last year's game is irrelevant because we were incompetent against the 3-8 at that point. Odom will have to take some chances this year
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More