Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I just hate that you think my one purpose on a message board is to defend our QB. Idk how ill go to work tomorrow. Cringe away. I bet you you werent cringing when he was shredding them Saturday night. I was cringing when I saw you post he was the main problem with the offense and that he always had WRs 15 yds worth of open. How quickly thou forgets

I mean if I wanted to show you how Ive said he is far from perfect I could, and if I wanted to I could show you the hundreds of things I have posted on here that have nothing to do with him. Hundreds of things that have merit and I think some people here value. But like I said idk where to even start with that
    Multiple times there have been receivers wide open while he chose to check down. However he is young and getting better with that every week.

vCash
    I too have been one of Will?s critics. But last night he played a heck of a game and he stood up for his team and himself afterwards. Good for him. He should get a pass for the Bama game no Mayer how bad it turns out. Because the best dang QB in America(according to some folk) just found out Lord Saban don?t like to be embarrassed.

But after that, it will be time for this team with Will Rogers at QB to roll off some wins.

A player Telling fans they need to support a team win or lose is kind of silly. All State fans support Mississippi State University! Passionate fandom happens after a win and after a loss. It doesn?t mean they don?t ?support?. I may only be speaking for myself, but for the most part, the students, the QB?s fellow classmates have historically left at halftime because they have sweated out most of the booze they drank pre-game and need an infusion. If it is an 11 AM game, they are probably having the DTs and need to get to the tailgate to level off.

Just a historical tidbit of info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I remember.

Have you got that #2 tat yet? Lol
    He'll get it after you get your Jimbo tat.

vCash
    If this is over fans leaving then part of that is Cohen's fault. And before someone says it- yeah if the team was closer that would help too. Sure. But MSU has to do something to get fans to stay. I definitely think that some of it is gameday related.

I don't know what else happened behind the scenes here with Will. Probably the typical jackass sending him a message on social media telling him he sucked or whatever. But he's not wrong that a lot of our fans have been shitty with their support of Leach and the team at times. Especially compared to Dan's first two years. I think it's part perception and part Ole Miss being a media darling and us losing the Egg Bowl last year. And before someone talks about how "Yeah but with Dan's offense we were making strides"- we finished 9th and 10th in the SEC in scoring Dan's first two years. We got shut down by Alabama, Florida, and in year two by LSU and scored a whopping 15 point on Vanderbilt in Dan's first year. Blew a game to LSU because of Dan's play calling, lost a game to Houston like Leach did to Memphis because of shitty officiating, had a close win over UAB, and lit up Florida in 2010 for a grand total of 10 points and had to count on Florida's back up kicker missing a field goal to win that game.

The difference to me is:

Dan followed Croom who yeah was even worse. Compared to Leach following Dan and Moorhead. As bad of a fit as Moorhead was his offense wasn't even in Croom's stratosphere.

We had Greg Byrne promoting the team while Cohen has barely even tried since the Leach bandwagon thing last year. Gameday was better then too.

Ole Miss was on the downswing during Dan's first year. That 2009 win was a good win over a good Ole Miss team- sure. But a few months later they were losing to Jacksonville State and were probably even worse in 2011 to be honest with everyone.

Leach doesn't talk bad about Ole Miss much. Not like Dan did his first two years.

That said I do think this win over A&M may be a turning point for the program and I do think that most of the critics even are seeing improvement overall. And we should be happy about that. If we beat Ole Miss this year everyone will come together and love on each other. That remains to be seen though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He'll get it after you get your Jimbo tat.
    Who says I haven't? One shoulder in jimbo and then other is mullen... they're kissing an Atlanta braves "A" on the back of my neck**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm glad will played well. He's the best we have and is a big time competitor. With that said, I don't think I'd come here spiking they ball bc he played well. That's his job. And I know dang well you wont ever say he didn't play well. Seen that already. Just enjoy the win. Congrats to you, will and the dogs. I enjoyed it.
    I spiked the ball 87 times and will continue to do so when Will and duh boys play like dat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    that really doesn?t surprise me. You serve one purpose here, and that it to serve as a guard dog for anything negative towards Will. I think he is a good qb but he?s not above reproach. Even Dak had negative things said about him. As cadaver said, you non stop stuff like this has become cringeworthy
    I can sympathize a bit with Bucky - I got accused of being a guard dog for Fitz a ton when people were piling on him early in his career here. I don't know Fitz, but having watched him play HS ball and him being the only local kid on the team I am a fan of, it was easy to get over-invested. That being said, fans can be fanatics and there is a ton of uncalled for crap. And I don't buy the "thick skin" argument when it comes to college kids. No 19 or 20 year old kid deserves the harassment that some fans heap upon them. As I said a lot defending Fitz - criticism of play is one thing, making personal attacks is another (and I'm not saying posters on here have been attacking Will personally, but Bucky is insinuating that Will is being harassed off the field).

Will is also not the first to call out our fans for their double standards. I don't them pointing it out either. If we are going to "demand" excellence from them, I don't mind them demanding that the fans be excellent as well.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Who says I haven't? One shoulder in jimbo and then other is mullen... they're kissing an Atlanta braves "A" on the back of my neck**
    Nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can sympathize a bit with Bucky - I got accused of being a guard dog for Fitz a ton when people were piling on him early in his career here. I don't know Fitz, but having watched him play HS ball and him being the only local kid on the team I am a fan of, it was easy to get over-invested. That being said, fans can be fanatics and there is a ton of uncalled for crap. And I don't buy the "thick skin" argument when it comes to college kids. No 19 or 20 year old kid deserves the harassment that some fans heap upon them. As I said a lot defending Fitz - criticism of play is one thing, making personal attacks is another (and I'm not saying posters on here have been attacking Will personally, but Bucky is insinuating that Will is being harassed off the field).

Will is also not the first to call out our fans for their double standards. I don't them pointing it out either. If we are going to "demand" excellence from them, I don't mind them demanding that the fans be excellent as well.
    And I remember Fitz calling out our fans at least a couple of times. Ironically after he beat Texas A&M again in 2018 comes to mind. Probably were some other times but I've just forgotten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And I remember Fitz calling out our fans at least a couple of times. Ironically after he beat Texas A&M again in 2018 comes to mind. Probably were some other times but I've just forgotten.
    And Jomo told the fans to kick rocks. None of the incidents really help you.

vCash
    Pics or it didn't happen

vCash
    I like Will showing his teeth a little bit. And he's right. We've had some sorry ass fans this year taking their frustrations out on Will for some reason. I promise his teammates like what he said, and that's what matters. Now, he's got to back it up, but I think he will, and if he's the competitor we need him to be it won't be an issue.

And shout out to Bucky for defending his guy. What do y'all expect? People have been spiking the ball when they think they're right on this board for years, give the man some space for that when some of y'all have been tearing down this kid that he knows personally. If you haven't been one of the ones irrationally critical of Will it shouldn't matter to you anyway.

vCash
    Multiple times there have been receivers wide open while he chose to check down. However he is young and getting better with that every week.
    Lets see your video evidence of a check down when another is "Wide open". You have said this 1000x. But you've provided no proof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You better hope we beat Kentucky or start a pepcid regimen.
    Why? they beat Florida and Mullen which has tons more talented players than State and uses a run first offense you love so much.

Is Mullen not a good coach with that shit offense or is Kentucky just a good team?

vCash
    And Jomo told the fans to kick rocks. None of the incidents really help you.
    I think coaches are different. They adults and are paid big bucks to take it. In general, I think players do a pretty good job at not lashing out at idiot fans. If I were in their shoes there is no way I would have a social media presence of any kind just to keep the negativity at a minimum.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Just watched his interview. I love it, he carries himself with confidence. I think him calling fans out for leaving early in the manor that he did wasn't to inappropriate. If he continues to do what he is doing, get it bro!

vCash
    He doesn't have the same talent or genetics, but Rogers mentality & makeup reminds me of Phillip Rivers. Very similar personalities it seems
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Why? they beat Florida and Mullen which has tons more talented players than State and uses a run first offense you love so much.

Is Mullen not a good coach with that shit offense or is Kentucky just a good team?
    I didn't watch but bits and pieces but stats don't say KY has better talent than UF. I think UF whips them most days.

vCash
    Can I be completely honest? I like Will. I like that his team seems to really follow him. I think , when he throws the ball down the feild, that he commands the offense well. I think he is going to get better and better. There is one major thing I have against him and it?s not fair. The way Bucky acts on here in regards to Will just really turns me off for some reason. I?m not sure why. I?m prob wrong for it. But that?s my biggest thing That I don?t like right now in regards to Will
    I like him too and not just because I know his grandparent. He is young and he walked into 105K stadium and played like the stadium was at the Brandon Youth football field. By his senior year he will be unstoppable and we are only going to improve our WR recruiting to help.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Heres yalls problems, you have no idea what is going on or what has happened. If you were him im sure some of you would have made a complete ass of yourself or made it a legal issue. Or maybe you handle it like he has and kept on working and winning. I am biased admittedly but he is a winner. He is going to find a way to beat your ass. And he is going to continue to prove everyone wrong.

Leaving early is garbage and its even worse when its on a big recruiting weekend like we had vs LSU. If you cant get behind a team that has shown they are never ever out of it then you need to go anyways. Jus bc you dont like the scheme, but which I myself have said I am not in love with you cant deny the effort of this bunch. If you dont like what he said, dont go. Simple as that.
    Who cares what he says or what was said to him by our fans. I am more worried about not getting the ball in the endzone, completely not seeing open recievers down field, not picking up 3 rushers, not stopping them, missing tackles, etc. Aaron Brule has all but disappeared from the game. Tulu, although awesome, cannot get touches. All these things need to be addressed.

The defense has been getting a pass, but for the life of me I don't know why. We shit talk Will for not getting through progressions and anticipating wide open receivers, but then do not get mad at the defense when we have lost a 2 point game and a 3 point game. Sure they did pretty good, but we lost.
    Downvotes_Hype