Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Isn't attendance an issue every where?
    Down attendance is a different issue than the fans that do show up leaving at half time in a 7-3 SEC game.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Bc we weren't a big game for them.

When sec teams are hosting big games they are selling them out. Except us (and OM, I don't think they will be sold out vs ark judging by the Tix left).
    Yes, mainly because most SEC schools have 100,000 fans or more all within 30 minutes driving distance of the school. Takes a lot more commitment on the part of MSU fans for a big contingent to show up for a game. Heck, when you have a school that's largely geared to science and engineering like MSU in a State that doesn't have very many jobs in those fields, you end up with a large percentage of your graduates all going out of State which is not too convenient when you want them back for sporting events. UM has it set up pretty sweet where they have the only state med school and law school but they still get to have all the science and technology schools that MSU does. Hey, we get the vet school though I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Down attendance is a different issue than the fans that do show up leaving at half time in a 7-3 SEC game.
    Vast majority of fans left at 28-10, not 7-3. Now the students are a different matter. I think a lot of them leave at halftime regardless of what the score is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Vast majority of fans left at 28-10, not 7-3. Now the students are a different matter. I think a lot of them leave at halftime regardless of what the score is.
    If this is the case, the Rogers' rant is ridiculous. At 28-10, every school is having a mass exodus

vCash
    If this is the case, the Rogers' rant is ridiculous. At 28-10, every school is having a mass exodus
    He could call my mama all kinds of bad names as long as he's playing well and the team is winning.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I think they were better about not leaving when we were winning - but even in the early 1990s, there was a lot of half-time attrition in the student section. Especially during night games when the frats would clear out for their band parties.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    There was certainly no mass exodus at 7-3, that is ridiculous. Yes, there were folks trickling out all thru the 2nd half but that is mostly because after a few hours of sitting in sun and heat there are some that want relief. Once LSU went up 3 scores though it was vacating pretty quickly.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is exactly why I stopped buying season tickets years ago.
    Same here. With parking, food, babysitters if the kids don't come, buying stuff at campus bookmart, my 3 tickets were easily $400-500 a game. And then you had Stricklin talking down to people when they balked at rising prices every year. I didn't feel like what I was paying was worth it anymore. It was too much of a hassle for me considering our game day atmosphere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Multiple times there have been receivers wide open while he chose to check down. However he is young and getting better with that every week.
    Yeah he has missed some reads but he has also made some good reads and good decisions. You see all these wide open receivers from the stands or on TV, but you don't see what the quarterback sees from his perspective on the field. That wide open receiver that you see open may not always be the best read, because you may not see that safety looming back there in the vicinity, and who can be there for a pass break up or a possible interception by the time the ball gets to that so-called wide open receiver. In other words, that receiver may not be as wide open, as it looks like to you, by the time the ball arrives. Now in some situations that would be the best option, and the check down option would be a misread. You also don't see and feel the defensive pressure from the stands or on TV that the quarterback does on the field. So there are a lot a pieces to the puzzle and playing quarterback, and making decisions from the stands or from your recliner are always easier to make than actually being on the field having to make them. However, you did say he was young and getting better. So I do have to give you credit for that.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-04-2021 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Was an empty stadium in the 4th acceptable last night? Hope those clowns aren't jumping back on the wagon next week when we beat vandy**

vCash
    Was an empty stadium in the 4th acceptable last night? Hope those clowns aren't jumping back on the wagon next week when we beat vandy**
    Just wait. We will handle Vandy (one of the worst teams and the nations) and you’ll have some folks in here trying to put us in the top 25.

vCash
    I can't wait to see the first post blaming it on the defense. Meanwhile, if we could have gotten Ruiz in range another 13 times, we had em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I can't wait to see the first post blaming it on the defense. Meanwhile, if we could have gotten Ruiz in range another 13 times, we had em
    That's priceless!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke