Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Everything Went Right Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is where people go off the rails. I enjoyed Mullen being here. I wrote time again before he ever coached a snap why we would be better with him. His playcalling wasnt perfect, he didnt recruit hard enough, and shopped around during Egg Bowl week too much- but I enjoyed Mullen as a coach. I'm one of the bigger defenders of Howland on the board. What's negative about me saying we should have a great shot at the Sweet 16 this March? You throwing a bunch of coaches names out means nothing. I talk about the good and the bad. Dak seriously? All the posts I went thru talking about how he was going to be our next good QB before he got on campus? Fighting all the Tyler Russell worshippers? Man get out of here with that mess.

I speak out about things I see going on. I'm not a sunshine pumper. I look for problems, chinks in the armor. I said last night's win was a good one even tho we are likely to see A&M lose a few more games down the line. But it was a road win in the West- and thats always good.

As was said- some people just get mad because I dont pump sunshine all the time and love for me to be wrong because I'm dead on so often. But hey- JoMo just needs to his QB on campus right?
    I ain?t asking ye to be a sunshine pumper. I generally enjoy reading your comments and your posts but I have noticed that you are more negative with all of it. Now you might just be that type of individual that sees more negatives than positives and enjoys telling everyone about it (my 74 year old mother does this still) but you cannot acknowledge that we had a good gameplan and executed better than any other week. The majority of the game post was how A&M lost the game and not how we exposed them. I am not sold on Leach just yet but I can appreciate them when they do well. I am not the only one that is noticing how you post and comment regarding our coaches or players. Just rethink some things is all I am saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I ain?t asking ye to be a sunshine pumper. I generally enjoy reading your comments and your posts but I have noticed that you are more negative with all of it. Now you might just be that type of individual that sees more negatives than positives and enjoys telling everyone about it (my 74 year old mother does this still) but you cannot acknowledge that we had a good gameplan and executed better than any other week. The majority of the game post was how A&M lost the game and not how we exposed them. I am not sold on Leach just yet but I can appreciate them when they do well. I am not the only one that is noticing how you post and comment regarding our coaches or players. Just rethink some things is all I am saying
    I guess the disconnect is where my mind works vs how it’s viewed online.

As a coach- I can’t imagine any team defensively not play a rush 3- 4 underneath- and 4 up top coverage against us. It bogs this offense down to a 1978 Wishbone offense that is grinding out 13 play drives for points.

To me the story of the game was the way A&M played defense. The stemming with walked up LB’s that had trouble getting into their drop zones. The man underneath single safety coverages. The leaving a freshman CB 1 on 1 with Heath vs Trips instead of having the underneath guy to support him.

Elko tried to outcoach Leach Saturday and he was made to look stupid for it. I guess I should have spelled that more obviously in my post.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is