Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Everything Went Right Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Checkout the QB Stats at ESPN. Will Rogers is ranked #3 and Matt Corral is at 35.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...Yards/dir/desc
    Don’t you bring positive stats on this board! Don’t you know (1) Will isn’t the best QB on our team (2) He isn’t an SEC quarter back (3) He has a noodle arm (4) He isn’t athletic (5) All of his yards are in garbage time….

Think I covered all the main talking points so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Checkout the QB Stats at ESPN. Will Rogers is ranked #3 and Matt Corral is at 35.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...Yards/dir/desc
    Did you realize you filtered by yards??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I also don't buy this. I have been in management and leadership for several years. I'm also a parent to multiple boys. There is a difference between constructive criticism and talking up points of improvement and all around negativity. Negativity radiates off him and I personally believe that he enjoys it. Now I'm not saying everyone should be sunshine pumpers, but every program across our sports with multiple teams and coaches he tears down. He is trying to prove his point on why A&M lost the game, not why State won the game.
    Funny when people repeat something you disagree with it is usually taken as negative. If you are in leadership, you should understand when people complain that management ain't listening what they are saying is you are not doing what I am telling you. Doesn't mean they are not listening, means they don't agree with you most of the time.

There is a difference in excuses and reasons. If you disagree you take as excuses, to others it is a reason.

We can agree to disagree and still intellectually discuss a topic or we should. Some people just have a high view of their views. If your view is so great then make an argument. When folks don't have an argument they usually default to insults.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Don’t you bring positive stats on this board! Don’t you know (1) Will isn’t the best QB on our team (2) He isn’t an SEC quarter back (3) He has a noodle arm (4) He isn’t athletic (5) All of his yards are in garbage time….

Think I covered all the main talking points so far
    No you left out one - Will is the only problem on our team. Everything else is great. All Will's fault.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think its some of you are not understanding the differences in Coverages I guess. Drop 8 refers to a 4 deep Cover 4 zone that keeps 2 Safeties on the hashes. The man underneath/1 high and other coverages out of it hasnt been what has given us trouble.
    I always had a Cover 4 Cloud set we?d run out of all our packages. Principle was the same ? keep it all in front of you.
    There are some ways to beat it. I loved that I saw us in a lot more trips sets last night as I think that can disrupt some of their zones. But it?s going to have to get faster tempo which we did last night as well. The deeper cross and slants are going to need to attack with depth across hook/curl to open up the shallower cross and the run. Make those LBs commit to deeper drops and then attack underneath and to the flats quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No you left out one - Will is the only problem on our team. Everything else is great. All Will's fault.
    I knew I forgot one! Yep, that covers it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Funny when people repeat something you disagree with it is usually taken as negative. If you are in leadership, you should understand when people complain that management ain't listening what they are saying is you are not doing what I am telling you. Doesn't mean they are not listening, means they don't agree with you most of the time.

There is a difference in excuses and reasons. If you disagree you take as excuses, to others it is a reason.

We can agree to disagree and still intellectually discuss a topic or we should. Some people just have a high view of their views. If your view is so great then make an argument. When folks don't have an argument they usually default to insults.
    My quote is to Shotgun saying he provided coach speak and wasn't negative. However he has a very long track record and multiple messages that proves otherwise. I listen to him and enjoy reading his posts usually, but what he is doing is bashing our team over and over and over again. Even when Mullen was here, Stansbury, Schafer, Dak, Canny, Cohen, Henderson, etc. he belittles the coaches or players. That isn't coach speak or leadership. I agree with him saying that Leach needs to adjust and add wrinkles to his game, but his line in the sand belief that Leach will never work here isn't reason. Like I said, he didn't give reasons to why State won. He provided excuses to as why A&M lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    My quote is to Shotgun saying he provided coach speak and wasn't negative. However he has a very long track record and multiple messages that proves otherwise. I listen to him and enjoy reading his posts usually, but what he is doing is bashing our team over and over and over again. Even when Mullen was here, Stansbury, Schafer, Dak, Canny, Cohen, Henderson, etc. he belittles the coaches or players. That isn't coach speak or leadership. I agree with him saying that Leach needs to adjust and add wrinkles to his game, but his line in the sand belief that Leach will never work here isn't reason. Like I said, he didn't give reasons to why State won. He provided excuses to as why A&M lost.
    This is where people go off the rails. I enjoyed Mullen being here. I wrote time again before he ever coached a snap why we would be better with him. His playcalling wasnt perfect, he didnt recruit hard enough, and shopped around during Egg Bowl week too much- but I enjoyed Mullen as a coach. I'm one of the bigger defenders of Howland on the board. What's negative about me saying we should have a great shot at the Sweet 16 this March? You throwing a bunch of coaches names out means nothing. I talk about the good and the bad. Dak seriously? All the posts I went thru talking about how he was going to be our next good QB before he got on campus? Fighting all the Tyler Russell worshippers? Man get out of here with that mess.

I speak out about things I see going on. I'm not a sunshine pumper. I look for problems, chinks in the armor. I said last night's win was a good one even tho we are likely to see A&M lose a few more games down the line. But it was a road win in the West- and thats always good.

As was said- some people just get mad because I dont pump sunshine all the time and love for me to be wrong because I'm dead on so often. But hey- JoMo just needs to his QB on campus right?
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-03-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    All the some people just get mad because I dont pump sunshine all the time and love for me to be wrong because I'm dead on so often.
    This is some next level humor. Never change. You bring much laughter to my life.

vCash
    Didn't C34 coin "Dak and dunk"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Didn't C34 coin "Dak and dunk"
    No- I called him Checkdown Charlie in 2015. Which is who we have at QB currently

vCash
    Hunter renfroe just wont ever make it in the big leagues either.

vCash
    Hiring Howland is a pipe dream
    We aint hiring the pirate
    Jeremy asparagus Pruitt would be a great hire

Dead on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Hunter renfroe just wont ever make it in the big leagues either.
    I missed that one. Renfroe made alot of changes and it worked out. Nothing but happy for him. Good Bulldog

Hey- tell me- do we have a good chance to win at Auburn again like we did in 2019? Or will we have a good chance to beat them at home like we did in 2020?

vCash
    I missed that one. Renfroe made alot of changes and it worked out. Nothing but happy for him. Good Bulldog

Hey- tell me- do we have a good chance to win at Auburn again like we did in 2019? Or will we have a good chance to beat them at home like we did in 2020?
    With this team outside of Alabama I wouldnt be surprised if we lost or won any of them.

vCash
    Its all in good fun coach. I just couldnt resist after the dead on comment. You set it up on a tee for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Hiring Howland is a pipe dream
    We aint hiring the pirate
    Jeremy asparagus Pruitt would be a great hire

Dead on
    Croom's offense will never work
    Stands will never make a Sweet 16
    Mullen's offense will improve alot over Croom's
    Dak Prescott will take Tyler Russell's job
    We have the best pitching staff in the country- 2020
    Dan Mullen is in talks to be Tenn's HC
    Mullen interviewed at Miami during Egg Bowl week
    2014's team will compete for the SEC title
    Orgeron wont be fired within 3 years at LSU
    Malzahn will win the SEC West in 2013
    2020 will be Auburn's chance to fire Malzahn

and on and on and on

vCash
    I really think we have a chance with the Air Raid to upset some of the top teams in college football.

Think about the games in the past where MSU nearly pulled the upset but didn't. It came down to execution and we didn't execute when we needed to. We got manhandled by the team with more 5 star recruits than us. You had our guys going head to head against players ranked 2 stars higher than them and at the end of games it wasn't enough.

The Air Raid is all about repetition and execution. It becomes muscle memory to these players which in turn gives them an edge against competition that's higher rated than them. If we can be execute the plays properly we'll win.

That being said if we aren't executing it properly it looks much like last year.

Leach never had high recruiting rankings at Washington State or Texas Tech and only a year or two did he have a good defense at Texas Tech. Now he's got players ranked higher than he's ever had and a functional defense.

We see what Mullen has done with all the extra talent he has at Florida and he's still not getting it done there in the easier SEC East. Georgia is now his yearly loss like Alabama was.

We have a higher ceiling with Mike Leach if the players and fans buy in.
    Last edited by memsu06; 10-03-2021 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    This is where people go off the rails. I enjoyed Mullen being here. I wrote time again before he ever coached a snap why we would be better with him. His playcalling wasnt perfect, he didnt recruit hard enough, and shopped around during Egg Bowl week too much- but I enjoyed Mullen as a coach. I'm one of the bigger defenders of Howland on the board. What's negative about me saying we should have a great shot at the Sweet 16 this March? You throwing a bunch of coaches names out means nothing. I talk about the good and the bad. Dak seriously? All the posts I went thru talking about how he was going to be our next good QB before he got on campus? Fighting all the Tyler Russell worshippers? Man get out of here with that mess.

I speak out about things I see going on. I'm not a sunshine pumper. I look for problems, chinks in the armor. I said last night's win was a good one even tho we are likely to see A&M lose a few more games down the line. But it was a road win in the West- and thats always good.

As was said- some people just get mad because I dont pump sunshine all the time and love for me to be wrong because I'm dead on so often. But hey- JoMo just needs to his QB on campus right?
    I ain?t asking ye to be a sunshine pumper. I generally enjoy reading your comments and your posts but I have noticed that you are more negative with all of it. Now you might just be that type of individual that sees more negatives than positives and enjoys telling everyone about it (my 74 year old mother does this still) but you cannot acknowledge that we had a good gameplan and executed better than any other week. The majority of the game post was how A&M lost the game and not how we exposed them. I am not sold on Leach just yet but I can appreciate them when they do well. I am not the only one that is noticing how you post and comment regarding our coaches or players. Just rethink some things is all I am saying

vCash
    Croom's offense will never work
    Stands will never make a Sweet 16
    Mullen's offense will improve alot over Croom's
    Dak Prescott will take Tyler Russell's job
    We have the best pitching staff in the country- 2020
    Dan Mullen is in talks to be Tenn's HC
    Mullen interviewed at Miami during Egg Bowl week
    2014's team will compete for the SEC title
    Orgeron wont be fired within 3 years at LSU
    Malzahn will win the SEC West in 2013
    2020 will be Auburn's chance to fire Malzahn

and on and on and on
    Credit where credit is due. And I was in agreement with all those. But youre gonna get your balls busted when you put yourself on a pedestal. Comes with the territory.