Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian Ford

vCash

Christian Ford

WR Christian Ford
    Posted career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (40).
    Made a career-long 16-yard reception.

He made some people miss last night too and I hope this guy keeps getting the ball. One of my gripes has been we are too easy to tackle (RB’s included) but he created a few extra yards on his own.

vCash
    He did look good with the chances he got

vCash
    Earned a scholly tonight for next year, I hope.

A lot of people said leach always has a walkon receiver that jumps up and becomes a playmaker.

Ford looks like that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Earned a scholly tonight for next year, I hope.

A lot of people said leach always has a walkon receiver that jumps up and becomes a playmaker.

Ford looks like that guy.
    I'm excited for Scoobie. Good kid who needed to grow up a little and just needed a chance. He was an electric player in high school.

vCash
    Hes better than 6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Hes better than 6
    He's better than 4 too.

Banned
    vCash
    Love seeing a young man proving his worth and getting a scholly. I bet he and his family are having fun talking these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's better than 4 too.
    Heath is really talented and skilled. The problem is his heart, attitude, and mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's better than 4 too.
    At certain things yes

vCash
    Ford was given a chance (as a walk on), and he has made the most of it. I am happy for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm excited for Scoobie. Good kid who needed to grow up a little and just needed a chance. He was an electric player in high school.
    I like the way the kid plays. He's quick and makes people miss and he ain't skeered. Saw him make a couple good blocks too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Heath is really talented and skilled. The problem is his heart, attitude, and mentality.
    I don't personally know him but it seems he just needs to be consistent. He has the skills to play in the NFL if he gets consistent on every play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    He looked good this past game. Secured the ball after he caught it. Fought like hell for a jump ball in the endzone and just took it although he ended up being out of bounds. At least one play I noticed he kept on blocking and it paid off when the play ended up coming out there (when he certainly would have already quit on that block in the past). I certainly wasn't watching him the whole game, so he may have loafed or taken plays off at times, but this was the first game I've seen where I thought he looked like he might take advantage of his natural gifts. Hope that wasn't a fluke and he has decided he's going to reach his potential.

vCash
    Hes better than 6
    I think no. 6 is pretty good, too. He made some great moves across the field on that slant pass.

vCash
    Hes better than 6
    No. As good? POSSIBLY. Better? No.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    He's not better than 6 or 4. Calvin has game changing speed and we've seen it this year already. Heath has speed and now he's learning how to high point the football well. Heath will be the best receiver on the team if he puts it together by years end.

This isn't a knock on Ford because he does his job well. But his job is sit in the hole, catch the ball, and get extra yards if it's available. Whereas, Calvin and Heath are looked at to go take the top off coverage and hit their head on the goalpost.

vCash
    Other WRs have said that Heath is the best athlete in the WR corps.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Other WRs have said that Heath is the best athlete in the WR corps.
    he is soft as charmin.. He was dropped several 50-50 balls. He has no heart. If Williams had his talent he would all american. you can't trust Heath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    he is soft as charmin.. He was dropped several 50-50 balls. He has no heart. If Williams had his talent he would all american. you can't trust Heath.
    Has he dropped 50-50 balls the last two games? Maybe it was just a fluke, but it seems like he's been better the last two games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Not necessarily saying you're wrong, but let's remember "50-50 balls" are called what they are for a reason.

I personally think he's shown better effort the past few games, had the one big catch against A&M.