Thread: The win tonight absolutely saved the season.

vCash

The win tonight absolutely saved the season.

We still have a chance to get to 7 wins because Bama is the only game on schedule I look at and it is a lose. I am feeling better.

vCash
    Bama is the only team I think we can't beat. Everyone else is beatable with the execution we had tonight.

Rogers isn't turning it over and you saw some of the anticipation throws tonight. And he challenged deep and it paid off. Big time job by him.

Undervalued part of this team is the trenches. We've whipped TAMU and LSU in back to back weeks on both sides of the ball in the trenches. Hats off to the big uglies up front. Much improved, especially on the OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We still have a chance to get to 7 wins because Bama is the only game on schedule I look at and it is a lose. I am feeling better.
    ?Not so fast my friend?......we are due against Bama**

vCash
    KY will be very tough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    KY will be very tough
    If it's a night game that could possibly be a big crowd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    KY will be very tough
    They're physical against the run, but if we execute on offense, we should beat them
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Looks like offense is coming to life. Defense and special teams though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    They're physical against the run, but if we execute on offense, we should beat them
    Yea, we are more vulnerable to passing teams than running teams. That is why we did well tonight and against NC State. That's also why I think of the 4 games that are sort of up in the air (KY, Ark, Aub, OM), OM is probably going to be the hardest to win because they have by far the best passing game of those 4. KY actually has the worst. In fact, they only had 211 yards of total offense against FL tonight. But they are very sound on defense and special teams. If we make our normal goofups they will be hard for us to beat as well.

vCash
    Does anybody know what happened to Ruiz, and is he expected to return?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    Looks like offense is coming to life. Defense and special teams though
    We need Ruiz back BAD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need Ruiz back BAD.
    Yes we do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, we are more vulnerable to passing teams than running teams. That is why we did well tonight and against NC State. That's also why I think of the 4 games that are sort of up in the air (KY, Ark, Aub, OM), OM is probably going to be the hardest to win because they have by far the best passing game of those 4. KY actually has the worst. In fact, they only had 211 yards of total offense against FL tonight. But they are very sound on defense and special teams. If we make our normal goofups they will be hard for us to beat as well.
    I agree. Leach's teams typically improve throughout the year. I think that happens for us too. I hope so at least. Regardless, the key for us is to not turn the ball over. We gifted LSU points because of a fumble and us leaping the punt shield on fourth down which to me is technically a turnover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Absolutely. Finding 3 wins instead of 4 on the back end of the schedule is much more achievable. But it kind of grind my gears looking at what this season could have been with a few less bonehead plays and execution against LSU and Mem. The team seems to be trending positive and getting their feet under them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Absolutely. Finding 3 wins instead of 4 on the back end of the schedule is much more achievable. But it kind of grind my gears looking at what this season could have been with a few less bonehead plays and execution against LSU and Mem. The team seems to be trending positive and getting their feet under them.
    I'm not faulting the team for losing to Memphis. I'm faulting Marc Curles.

vCash
    Nothing that can be done about previous losses. At least this win gives us a chance to make it to a bowl.