Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ThE AiRbOnE wIlL NeVeR wOrK iN tHe SeC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Absent a $100 mil QB, we had no chance with Mullen.

Give Leach a Dak type QB & we'd be just as good if not better due to how this offense neuters the defense & takes away almost all advantage on the DL
    Mullen's problem was WR/OL recruiting. We had the WR's to beat Bama in 2014 and 2015. 2014 was on the road but in 2015 our OL was inexperienced and not very good. We should have beat Bama in 2017 but our lack of WR's hurt. Mullen didnt put one legit WR in the NFL while at State. The only position he didnt put a starter in the NFL.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mullen's problem was WR/OL recruiting. We had the WR's to beat Bama in 2014 and 2015. 2014 was on the road but in 2015 our OL was inexperienced and not very good. We should have beat Bama in 2017 but our lack of WR's hurt. Mullen didnt put one legit WR in the NFL while at State. The only position he didnt put a starter in the NFL.
    This is very accurate. If we had gotten some elite receivers we would have been dangerous under Mullen. His WR talent at Florida seems to be declining as well relative to Florida standards.

vCash
    I agree but he wasn't ever going to recruit WRs with that offense to MSU.

This offense can recruit WRs, which is the only way to beat Bama
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Absent a $100 mil QB, we had no chance with Mullen.

Give Leach a Dak type QB & we'd be just as good if not better due to how this offense neuters the defense & takes away almost all advantage on the DL
    "Give Leach a Dak type QB & we'd be just as good if not better due to how this offense neuters the defense & takes away almost all advantage on the DL"

I'd imagine Dak would strive under any system Gun. DM was a very good Coach for Msu, the verdict like so many including myself, says it's a wait and see, time will tell the story.

vCash
    I agree but he wasn't ever going to recruit WRs with that offense to MSU.

This offense can recruit WRs, which is the only way to beat Bama
    There is no doubt this offense will recruit WR's. But Mullen's problem with WR's wasnt his offense. It was about approach and lack of commitment to recruiting. The Country Club was terrible at recruiting divas- which is what 95% of WR's are.

You dont joke with WR recruits about "teaching them how to block". They dont want to hear that BS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    "Give Leach a Dak type QB & we'd be just as good if not better due to how this offense neuters the defense & takes away almost all advantage on the DL"

I'd imagine Dak would strive under any system Gun. DM was a very good Coach for Msu, the verdict like so many including myself, says it's a wait and see, time will tell the story.
    I loved Mullen. Great coach for MSU.

To my eye, we can move the ball easier & more consistently against blue bloods with this offense than *******.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    There is no doubt this offense will recruit WR's. But Mullen's problem with WR's wasnt his offense. It was about approach and lack of commitment to recruiting. The Country Club was terrible at recruiting divas- which is what 95% of WR's are.

You dont joke with WR recruits about "teaching them how to block". They dont want to hear that BS
    How many NFL WR's do not block?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    How many NFL WR's do not block?
    How many NFL WR's are recruited, asskissed, and begged before being drafted?

Did you tell your wife how much she was going to cook, wash, and clean when you proposed to her?

vCash
    Like button 👆🏼

vCash
    I agree 110% with this. I think his loyalty affected his judgement too. 2015 we had Holloway up the middle, Zach Jackson starting at OLB and Kivon Coman starting at safety. And Aeris and future NFL All-Pro JT Gray on the bench.