Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ThE AiRbOnE wIlL NeVeR wOrK iN tHe SeC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You're correct. Johnson for 6 on last drive. For some reason, the last drive was bolded, so I didn't look at it. Thanks
    Not a lot of explosive plays in the run game are there? We could stand a little improvement there and I believe we're capable with then backs we have. I would like to see Leach expand the creativity in the run game just a little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Not a lot of explosive plays in the run game are there? We could stand a little improvement there and I believe we're capable with then backs we have. I would like to see Leach expand the creativity in the run game just a little.
    And I feel like marks is a guy that can make long runs.

vCash
    And I feel like marks is a guy that can make long runs.
    Same here. I like the way the passing game is starting to work. If Leach would just add a little more in the run game it would make us better for sure. Just a little more.

vCash
    Marks will be an NFL RB
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What is happening?

Some teams are concerned about letting us control the TOP and plays run in the game- aka the Airbone controlling the game. Makes them nervous. So they are trying other things other than the prevent to try and force us into a mistake. As I've talked about- coaches not going with what works- but trying something else to outcoach Leach
    Airbone fishbone hell dinosaur bone. Whatever we run I just wanna win.

vCash
    Our backs do a good job of running north and south but it seems like they hardly ever break a tackle or make somebody miss to get that long gainer or even that extra 10 yards.

It just seems like they’re too easy t get a bead on for the tackler.

vCash
    Marks will be an NFL RB
    I like his toughness but I just don’t see enough wiggle or breaking of tackles going on to make an NFL roster. Both ours catch it and block well but damn when is one of them going to break a tackle and get us a few extra yards.

vCash
    I would like to see us overcome a team using the drop 8 99% of the game. Jimbo and his DC should be run out of town. He thought they could get cute and out talent us, but that?s where the AirRaid is an equalizer. No one is more excited about beating Jimbone than me, but it?s shown that CML gets a win or 2/year over better teams and it seems that it?s teams that are too egotistical to play a boring defense that has shown itself to be the Achilles heel to the AirRaid so far. I say that to say this, while this win was great, it in no ways indicates future success or that it works in the SEC, but here?s to hoping. Hail State!

vCash
    There were 3 runs over 5 yards the whole game. 2 were by RBs (both in first half) and 1 by will in the 2nd half. Our RBs had 11 carries for 35 yards on the night.

These are the 3 carries over 5 yards:
    Marks for 11
    Johnson for 7
    Will for 10
    My bad 7. I lacked reading comprehension on that reply. I was reading it as our offense and not "runs" Jimbo basically said that their 3-8 couldn't stop our offense, but when they went to man and a few other things then that didn't work either.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-04-2021 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    My bad 7. I lacked reading comprehension on that reply. I was reading it as our offense and not "runs" . Jimbo basically said their 3-8 couldn't stop our offense , but their main coverage and some other things didn't work the way they thought they would either.
    Yea we got to their zone pretty good and they felt they had to change it up some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I would like to see us overcome a team using the drop 8 99% of the game. Jimbo and his DC should be run out of town. He thought they could get cute and out talent us, but that?s where the AirRaid is an equalizer. No one is more excited about beating Jimbone than me, but it?s shown that CML gets a win or 2/year over better teams and it seems that it?s teams that are too egotistical to play a boring defense that has shown itself to be the Achilles heel to the AirRaid so far. I say that to say this, while this win was great, it in no ways indicates future success or that it works in the SEC, but here?s to hoping. Hail State!
    I hear what youre saying but Jimbo himself said their drop 8 wasnt working so they tried changing it up. At what point does it become we are getting better against the drop 8 and forcing teams to make changes?

vCash
    My bad 7. I lacked reading comprehension on that reply. I was reading it as our offense and not "runs" Jimbo basically said that their 3-8 couldn't stop our offense, but when they went to man and a few other things then that didn't work either.
    Gotcha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Kentucky is that team. That will be a good test.

Banned
    vCash
    Same here. I like the way the passing game is starting to work. If Leach would just add a little more in the run game it would make us better for sure. Just a little more.
    A little more running would reduce my heartburn.

vCash
    I'm telling y'all if Leach would incorporate a dual threat QB into his scheme this offense would be straight fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm telling y'all if Leach would incorporate a dual threat QB into his scheme this offense would be straight fire.
    Agree. In this day and time a dual threat quarterback seems to be a necessity. Especially when you play in the SEC. Not saying by any means that we could beat Bama with a good dual threat quarterback, but the offenses that have given their defense trouble are the ones with a good RPO and a dual threat quarterback.

vCash
    Marks will be an NFL RB
    You think he will learn to break a tackle?

vCash
    This makes me happy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Rogers just needs to take the 5-10 yards when it is given. He is getting better and should be a redshirt freshman right now learning under a junior/senior. I try to remind myself that when he is checking down quickly. He was thrown into the fire and he is doing as well as any other young QB that has ever played for MSU. He has the chance to own all the records at MSU even without the extra covid year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I hear what youre saying but Jimbo himself said their drop 8 wasnt working so they tried changing it up. At what point does it become we are getting better against the drop 8 and forcing teams to make changes?
    I completely understand what you?re saying. For me, it will be when a team stays with drop 8 to no avail. Jimbo had better say that it wasn?t working because there?s been quite the book written by teams against AirRaid that say differently. Did it work, or was he tired of the constant chipping away and thought he could do better? That seems to be kind of how it works.