Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sick of the UM vs AL hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Yeah. Ill invite you to practice next week and you can tell me how twitchy the backup QB is
    Although I disagree with you a bit on Rogers at the moment. That statement was pretty funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I saw it in the first game. Their team speed on defense is not good and undersized dl. Louisville had success early running stretch and speed option cause they were outflanking om slow d but they got away from it because they couldn't stop om offense.
    Yup. And I also remembering not loving OM's WRs in that Louisville game. I thought they looked slower. They're really missing Elijah Moore
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You've obviously never coached against Bama
    Well of course not if I was I wouldnt be on here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I saw it in the first game. Their team speed on defense is not good and undersized dl. Louisville had success early running stretch and speed option cause they were outflanking om slow d but they got away from it because they couldn't stop om offense.
    First chance for me to really watch them. Seems they certainly got a lot of hype against bad teams.

vCash
    Bama doesnt have anything to do with going for it on 4th down and not having c gap players on defense. And running the same shit over and over on offense praying for them to misalign.

vCash
    See how easy it is just to disagree? Ill admit I argue too much too
    It's true, healthy debate and polite disagreements are great. And I think I'm usually pretty good at it. Usually, lol.

However, and I mean this as nicely as I possibly can , with this particular topic (i.e., Will) you seem to abandon objectivity for emotion/loyalty. Saying Corral is only "slightly better" was the giveaway....the kid is good, as much as I hate to say it. Now I don't necessarily think his game will translate to the NFL (especially the "brains"/maturity/leadership part of his game), but there is no denying he's a really good college QB.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup. And I also remembering not loving OM's WRs in that Louisville game. I thought they looked slower. They're really missing Elijah Moore
    They don't have the guys they've had the last few years. They don't have the big guy that will out jump someone. I'm not saying Corral isn't a good qb, but he relies heavily on smoke and mirrors that Kiffin has given him. He's a gunslinger with bad aim when he has to improvise. He'd do great in Leach's system as well, but he will be like most of the guys that are in these systems. He will look good and then downright horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You don't have to be a coach to know the game and one thing I have learned in my life, no matter how much you know, someone knows something you don't.
    A universal truth, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    First chance for me to really watch them. Seems they certainly got a lot of hype against bad teams.
    Don't get me wrong om is a good team just not elite like some were starting to think. They're basically what they've been. Their defense is gonna give up yards and points the key is making om offense drive the field keeping everything in front and not giving up big plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's true, healthy debate and polite disagreements are great. And I think I'm usually pretty good at it. Usually, lol.

However, and I mean this as nicely as I possibly can , with this particular topic (i.e., Will) you seem to abandon objectivity for emotion/loyalty. Saying Corral is only "slightly better" was the giveaway....the kid is good, as much as I hate to say it. Now I don't necessarily think his game will translate to the NFL (especially the "brains"/maturity/leadership part of his game), but there is no denying he's a really good college QB.
    I wasnt saying he wasnt any good. But he is not doing anything revolutionary or anything mentally that Will cant do. He has a strong arm and can run. But if you put him in a Leach offense he would struggle

vCash
    Bama doesnt have anything to do with going for it on 4th down and not having c gap players on defense. And running the same shit over and over on offense praying for them to misalign.
    This is correct.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You don't have to be a coach to know the game and one thing I have learned in my life, no matter how much you know, someone knows something you don't.
    Words of Iron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    They don't have the guys they've had the last few years. They don't have the big guy that will out jump someone. I'm not saying Corral isn't a good qb, but he relies heavily on smoke and mirrors that Kiffin has given him. He's a gunslinger with bad aim when he has to improvise. He'd do great in Leach's system as well, but he will be like most of the guys that are in these systems. He will look good and then downright horrible.
    Right on!

vCash
    Master serving humble pie to Grasshopper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Master serving humble pie to Grasshopper.
    In a PG movie it's a pie, but in an R movie it's something else...**

vCash
    I hope Saban sends Lane a pallet full of popcorn - enough for the whole team -all in Alabama tins. All of 'em crimson w/ the A.

vCash
    Saban giving Kiffen some “hear score some points to make it look really really bad like it was.”

Banned
    vCash
    Suck it ESPN. Trying to justify PI; ball thrown into stands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Saban giving Kiffen some “hear score some points to make it look really really bad like it was.”
    How many starters are still playing on Bama's defense right now?

vCash
    Saban allowing om some points so he can ream his team for losing focus.