Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Fall Baseball News?

vCash

Any Fall Baseball News?

Gautreau sounded pretty positive in his interview with Bart Gregory but he didn?t really mention anyone in particular other than general statements about Tanner, James, and K. Clark?s talent, as well as Hancock?s hitting ability.

vCash
    Sims, Preston Johnson, and Fristoe resting their arms so far this fall. We have a scrimmage with Samford coming up on Saturday.

Cade Smith is looking the part of a Saturday starter. Sunday up for grabs.

Walling struggling with command. Corder hurt. Jess Davis struggling with the bat so far. RJ Yeager and Davis Meche swinging a good bat. Tanner, Hancock, Kam James all swinging it well.

Battle in CF between Davis and Skinner. Davis is a gold glover. Skinner can cover ground. 1 of those 2 need to step up at the plate, but it's only been 7 scrimmages. Cumbest hasn't played fall ball yet. Need another outfielder to step up. Clark playing RF.

Hunter Hines is swinging a good bat. Got a good chance to DH or play 1B this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sims, Preston Johnson, and Fristoe resting their arms so far this fall. We have a scrimmage with Samford coming up on Saturday.

Cade Smith is looking the part of a Saturday starter. Sunday up for grabs.

Walling struggling with command. Corder hurt. Jess Davis struggling with the bat so far. RJ Yeager and Davis Meche swinging a good bat. Tanner, Hancock, Kam James all swinging it well.

Battle in CF between Davis and Skinner. Davis is a gold glover. Skinner can cover ground. 1 of those 2 need to step up at the plate, but it's only been 7 scrimmages. Cumbest hasn't played fall ball yet. Need another outfielder to step up. Clark playing RF.

Hunter Hines is swinging a good bat. Got a good chance to DH or play 1B this year.
    That's a good synopsis. I think Hines takes over at first base with Hancock moving to DH and if the season started today Meche would start at second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's a good synopsis. I think Hines takes over at first base with Hancock moving to DH and if the season started today Meche would start at second.
    Hey Todd good to know about Hines. Any insights on Alford, Downs, and Higgins?

vCash
    The true freshman pitcher from Louisiana whose name I can't remember has looked good from what I was told.

vCash
    Jack Walker from Barbe HS, that’s good to hear

vCash
    Davis = Willie Mayes Hayes.......Runs like Mayes, hits like shit.......Hearing really good things on RJ Yeager......LT has been hammering the ball.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Cumbest had surgery so he probably wont be seen in the Fall depending on his rehab
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    "We have a scrimmage with Samford coming up on Saturday."

Samford taking advantage of out National Championship with a $10 a head admission.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Jack Walker from Barbe HS, that’s good to hear
    alot of people think he will log some innings this Spring. Just have to find his role
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    alot of people think he will log some innings this Spring. Just have to find his role
    Hearing he looks like a future Friday night guy.

Hearing Walling is struggling with command but he's only thrown a couple times. It'll come.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Hearing he looks like a future Friday night guy.

Hearing Walling is struggling with command but he's only thrown a couple times. It'll come.
    That's what has always held him back. If he had command he wouldn't be here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think he can compete for the Sunday spot.

vCash
    Walker throws a whiffle ball, pun intended. He has great swing and miss stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Walker throws a whiffle ball, pun intended. He has great swing and miss stuff.
    Yeah I've seen him throw a few times in some tournaments and the kid has some great stuff. As you said he misses a lot of bats and I love that. He may make the rotation but I believe they'll start him as a long guy, but he will definetly be in the rotation at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Hey Todd good to know about Hines. Any insights on Alford, Downs, and Higgins?
    I don't expect any of those three to crack the starting lineup this year but they will be good players in time. Higgins is a bit more raw than the other two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I've seen him throw a few times in some tournaments and the kid has some great stuff. As you said he misses a lot of bats and I love that. He may make the rotation but I believe they'll start him as a long guy, but he will definetly be in the rotation at some point.
    I think he may be the midweek guy. Really depends on Walling and Fristoe to me. I think Sims and Cade Smith are weekend guys right now. If neither Fristoe nor Walling lock downs a weekend spot there is a decent chance Walker gets it.

LSU is going to be kicking themselves for letting Walker go.

vCash
    I think he may be the midweek guy. Really depends on Walling and Fristoe to me. I think Sims and Cade Smith are weekend guys right now. If neither Fristoe nor Walling lock downs a weekend spot there is a decent chance Walker gets it.

I'm expecting Walker to be really good. He has more command and is more polished than fristoe and walling.

vCash

Did LSU pass on Walker? Maybe I’m getting my pitchers mixed up, but I thought he was the top pitcher in the state and the only negative with him was TJ surgery and that is almost a positive anymore. Get it out of the way before you get to college or the pros.

Banned
    vCash
    So awesome seeing threads like this. Thanks Gentlemen.