Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Fall Baseball News?

vCash
    Just went and looked Walker up. Average size and doesn’t throw mid 90’s so LSU may have passed on him. **** them anyway.

There are some good home plate POV videos of him pitching. He throws wiffle balls that move both ways and it looks like he tunnels them pretty well.
    Love those pitchers that tunnel their pitches.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 10-01-2021 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Just went and looked Walker up. Average size and doesn’t throw mid 90’s so LSU may have passed on him. **** them anyway.

There are some good home plate POV videos of him pitching. He throws wiffle balls that move both ways and it looks like he tunnels them pretty well.
    Love those pitchers that tunnel their pitches.
    I’m thinking Walker might make a Pitching Ninja Twitter mention.

vCash
    Corder interesting player, evidently injured presently - Madison kid

This kid seems to be a natural hitter. 367 in Summer League and hit 458 at Hinds. Also has 3 years of eligibility.

Hit 100 points better than the next best hitter on his JC team. 458, Is that Good?

Is he Brett Pirtle 2.0?

Banned
    vCash
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...rld-champions/

Dak locker room baseball STATE NATTY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...rld-champions/

Dak locker room baseball STATE NATTY
    We have had such a privilege watching players such as Dak, Vivica, Big T and The Mayor. I know we all give crap to a lot of players but man the past decade we have had some special brand building players. They are such a good symbol of why MSU is the real flagship for Mississippi sports.

They have been nothing short of exceptional as alumni.

Banned
    vCash
    Screw it. Wuz gonna do the better one on youtube but I suck at this on phone and not laptop.

Drinkin can cause onion choppin watchin DAK DO DAT
    Last edited by OLJWales; 10-01-2021 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he may be the midweek guy. Really depends on Walling and Fristoe to me. I think Sims and Cade Smith are weekend guys right now. If neither Fristoe nor Walling lock downs a weekend spot there is a decent chance Walker gets it.

LSU is going to be kicking themselves for letting Walker go.
    If the season started today, Stone Simmons would be the Sunday guy. Remember, he was the Friday night guy for Furman before he transferred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If the season started today, Stone Simmons would be the Sunday guy. Remember, he was the Friday night guy for Furman before he transferred.
    Who starts is a dynamic thing, especially Sunday. Could be Simmons, Walling, Fristoe, or Tepper in February and Finally exclusively Tepper by July.

I think we get C Smith, Fristoe, and Tepper when it is all said and done.

But you have Walling, B Smith, and Simmons as really good challengers and options. Tullar is talented and possible also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Cumbest had surgery so he probably wont be seen in the Fall depending on his rehab
    Is this the reason we aren't seeing him on the football field or has he made the decision to go straight baseball?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Is this the reason we aren't seeing him on the football field or has he made the decision to go straight baseball?
    He is straight baseball now.

vCash
    Speaking of baseball, we got a commit from Ernie Day. He is a JUCO out of Illinois I believe. Said he touched 95 and slider is at 2500 RPMs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's a good synopsis. I think Hines takes over at first base with Hancock moving to DH and if the season started today Meche would start at second.
    I'll be shocked if Yeager doesn't start at second. Meche might get some opportunities. But Yeager is the guy.

vCash
    With Sims to friday nights, who will fill his role from last year? Or will it be closer by committee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'll be shocked if Yeager doesn't start at second. Meche might get some opportunities. But Yeager is the guy.
    Agreed it's gonna be Yeager and he's gonna be pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    With Sims to friday nights, who will fill his role from last year?
    I wonder about that myself. Johnson could get a shot at it. Got to find out who else has the killer instinct in this year's group
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    With Sims to friday nights, who will fill his role from last year? Or will it be closer by committee?
    Going to be situational/committee:

But could look something like this....

Friday: Sims for 6, Preston Johnson for 3.
    Saturday: Cade Smith for 6, Hunt for 1 or 2, Stinnett for 1 or 2
    Sunday: Simmons, followed by Fristoe, Tepper, Brandon Smith and Maybe Johnson again.

Those are the top 9 guys with Walling, Tullar, and Auger having chances to contribute with good offseasons. I think Jack Walker will get some midweek work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I wonder about that myself. Johnson could get a shot at it. Got to find out who else has the killer instinct in this year's group
    I don't think Johnson has the stuff or talent. Need Wallling, Hunt, or Stinnett to step up.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think Johnson has the stuff or talent. Need Wallling, Hunt, or Stinnett to step up.
    I dont think Stinnett has the stones to close. You know mentality goes a long way in that job.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't know Johnson got a ton of big outs last year against some elite teams and hitters and he's got ice water in his veins and big stones. He definitely has the mentality to close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't know Johnson got a ton of big outs last year against some elite teams and hitters and he's got ice water in his veins and big stones. He definitely has the mentality to close.
    I like Johnson also. I think Stinnett will or should be improved. I'm mixed about Sims starting although he would be great.