Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a Coaches Show?

vCash

Do we have a Coaches Show?

I haven't seen one in years and was wondering if we still do one. I see LSUs on Sunday night and FLA, Aubbie SC and BSSO throughout the week. Here on the Coast We get Media from LSU, USM and OM but no state and haven't for years. Heck we can't even see the Coaches post game press conf on the internet anymore.

vCash
    We dont believe in marketing. Just buy tickets and show up.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 09-30-2021 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We don?t believe in marketing. Just buy tickets and show up.
    I understand this is cynical but it definitely has a ring of truth to it... I miss the coaches show
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    We stopped doing the coaches show when Mullen and Stricklin were both still here. Started doing the "Relentless" series around 2015 in its place, but that only lasted for a couple of years because, according to school officials, the smallish number of eyeballs it drew did not justify the production manpower that went into producing it.

vCash
    Man this would be good nostalgic marketing for Golden Flake if they were to sponsor something. Just ask Leach to pause and eat a couple of chips like Bear used to do. Fun times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Man this would be good nostalgic marketing for Golden Flake if they were to sponsor something. Just ask Leach to pause and eat a couple of chips like Bear used to do. Fun times.
    Yep, Coke a cola and Golden Flake. That brings back memories.

vCash
    Relentless was great.
    Not many people knew about it though because we didn't market it hardly at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Relentless was great.
    Not many people knew about it though because we didn't market it hardly at all.
    As much as most may not like Derek Cody because of his political views, he had our video dept. on another level. Between Relentless, HailState Highlight, and Extended Cut he had it rolling. We haven't been the same since he left.

vCash
    Leach does a live show with Neil Price downtown somewhere on Thursday night. It’s not televised but I’m sure it’s streamed somewhere

vCash
    Do yourselves a favor an subscribe to the MSU Athletics YouTube channel : https://youtube.com/c/hailstate

We produce far more content than the old coaches shows. There is almost something daily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Do yourselves a favor an subscribe to the MSU Athletics YouTube channel : https://youtube.com/c/hailstate

We produce far more content than the old coaches shows. There is almost something daily.
    I am subscribed to it. I do check it after the game for the postgame pressor. No Joy/ Heck even Rosey and Davide used to do a postgame review but since David moved they don't anymore.

vCash
    Hailstate.com has all the interviews and pressers too. Also a good place to listen to the radio call of a game live. Or the replay.

https://hailstate.com/watch/?Archive=16635&type=Archive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I am subscribed to it. I do check it after the game for the postgame pressor. No Joy/ Heck even Rosey and Davide used to do a postgame review but since David moved they don't anymore.
    Personally, I loved Jack & Jackie's post game call in radio shows in the 90's - that was solid gold entertainment. You could always tell Jackie was having to bite his lip to not go off on some of our fans.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Personally, I loved Jack & Jackie's post game call in radio shows in the 90's - that was solid gold entertainment. You could always tell Jackie was having to bite his lip to not go off on some of our fans.
    That was awesome! Listened to it every week. You're right it was solid gold!

vCash
    I don't think it would go well for Leach these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Or most coaches, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I understand this is cynical but it definitely has a ring of truth to it... I miss the coaches show
    Rep.

What's going on with MSU's marketing anyway? I was at State in the late 90's-00's and can't recall the marketing then haha, but when the lady was there ('07-'11), as well as younger sis ('14-'18) marketing seemed to be booming. I was in Chicago those years and jealous to not be in MS and able to regularly attend games. The rub as far as I can tell is the change in leadership at AD and Pres. On the other hand, enrollment keeps going up, for good or ill, so it's not like we don't have the ability. I don't buy that priorities have shifted because with ESPN $$ there's no reason that I can think of not to invest in both marketing for sports and academics.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    We do have a radio show downtown on Thursdays at 7. Lafayette Street.

vCash
    Rentless was good. I see "The Season" and Texas AM "Pulse" is on ESPN often. I'm interested to know what they pay for those airings.

Another thought is, if Alabama and OHSt have these weekly documentary shows. I haven't seen them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I loved that callin show, stll looking for the Asshole BYU fan.