Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good test for the AirBone this Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Holy shit, I hate ML as much as the next guy but this is next level cringe. Airborne is what we should be called if this actually worked and we were good. I guess that?s the play on airbone?
    I think instead of wishbone, it's airbone and not air raid anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If Jimbo loses this game, there will be a LOT of unhappy people in Aggieland. He is getting paid a boatload of money, and the expectation is that he never loses to us. Hope you're right, bc I'd love to see the fallout, and it would give me some hope since their defense is legit
    We may stand a chance if we can stop giving up explosive plays like we've been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    My understanding that during WWII Airborne were the guys who made it to Europe in those big ass gliders. Paratroopers were the real men who jumped out of planes and did not want to be called Air Borne. They wanted to be called Paratroopers. 50 buck a month. I guess that was a lot of money. When I went to Desert Strom I got paid like 3.75 extra a day for combat pay. I really can't remember but it was not much.
    Like a marine half right. The glider riders were called that Glider riders. They were part of the Airborne Divisions. Paratroopers are the main force of the Airborne forces. Today there is only one Airborne Div and that is the 82nd, All Americans, while the 101 is actually an air assualt unit. There are 2 Abn Brigades also in the force. I think its 150 a month now for both Officers and enlisted.

vCash
    The Leach flip-phone offense will do what it always does. Move between the 20s and stall in the redZone. I imagine we will try to get to 25 runs and it will be up to those runs if we can out score Colorado v aTm.

On the other side, aTM can run but not throw very well. So I see our defense performing well and limiting the big play. It's just a matter of how physical is aTm up front to open lanes for Spiller to move the chains.

The game will be decided by turnovers. Also if State can keep their focus and composure on the road in front of 105k fans. I believe this will the largest crowd most of these players have played in front of in their career.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-29-2021 at 06:42 AM.

vCash
    This game has the RAT feel to it with A&M making play after play. Then we score 14 in the fourth after being down 24-3 most of the game and some will come on here and say look how much better we are.
    Rinse repeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I think instead of wishbone, it's airbone and not air raid anymore.
    This.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Like a marine half right. The glider riders were called that Glider riders. They were part of the Airborne Divisions. Paratroopers are the main force of the Airborne forces. Today there is only one Airborne Div and that is the 82nd, All Americans, while the 101 is actually an air assualt unit. There are 2 Abn Brigades also in the force. I think its 150 a month now for both Officers and enlisted.
    Well if you want to talk Marine Corps history I would be 100% right about 223 years of ass kicking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We've hardly been shut down in all those games and if Rogers throws deep earlier rather than later, we're probably 4-0. Of course that doesn't atone for last year, but it seems some freshmen QBs get a pass. But carry on all you 17ers that get a thrill out of posting negative shit about MSU every chance you get. You might be "right" but it makes you an a$$hole too.
    I've said this for two weeks. If Will would stop worrying about whether he's going to throw a pick and just let it rip it would open up those underneath routes that he loves so much. The deep ball is there and has been all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The Leach flip-phone offense will do what it always does. Move between the 20s and stall in the redZone. I imagine we will try to get to 25 runs and it will be up to those runs if we can out score Colorado v aTm.

On the other side, aTM can run but not throw very well. So I see our defense performing well and limiting the big play. It's just a matter of how physical is aTm up front to open lanes for Spiller to move the chains.

The game will be decided by turnovers. Also if State can keep their focus and composure on the road in front of 105k fans. I believe this will the largest crowd most of these players have played in front of in their career.
    If we don't turn the ball over and make some 20 yard or more scoring plays we win. If not we Tie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If we don't turn the ball over and make some 20 yard or more scoring plays we win. If not we Tie.
    Interesting.

The point is... everyone is talking offense. This offense is the same every week. State has lost two games on turnovers and bad special teams play. They have won on a special teams big play, a ST score and turnovers by the other team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We've hardly been shut down in all those games and if Rogers throws deep earlier rather than later, we're probably 4-0. Of course that doesn't atone for last year, but it seems some freshmen QBs get a pass. But carry on all you 17ers that get a thrill out of posting negative shit about MSU every chance you get. You might be "right" but it makes you an a$$hole too.
    DOWNVOTE .... I'll tell you what I'm tired of ... it's just like you posted "we should be" or "If we had only" or "If this had gone that way and the ball bounced the other way" or the refs screwed us again ....... Bottom line is a LOT of us are tired of excuses that always accompany each loss or season. It's time to win
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I really think when we look back at this season, we will realize how winnable this game is this weekend. They have a solid defense, but their offense is a trainwreck. Our defense is solid and should look good this weekend.

If we can just avoid massive mistakes, we should win this game. Go back and watch how terrible their offense was against Arkansas. They scored 10 points against Colorado. THey scored 10 against Upig. They only had 4 TD's against New Mexico and punted 4 times against a terrible NM team.

If we can just not make mistakes on offense, our defense will absolutely keep us in this game, if not right out win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I really think when we look back at this season, we will realize how winnable this game is this weekend. They have a solid defense, but their offense is a trainwreck. Our defense is solid and should look good this weekend.

If we can just avoid massive mistakes, we should win this game. Go back and watch how terrible their offense was against Arkansas. They scored 10 points against Colorado. THey scored 10 against Upig. They only had 4 TD's against New Mexico and punted 4 times against a terrible NM team. If we can just not make mistakes on offense, our defense will absolutely keep us in this game, if not right out win it.
    And there lies our problem. Look back at Memphis. Driving on the first drive and Will slides too early. Next play....bad pitch and a scoop and score the other way. Then first drive of the second half Forbes picks it off and we're lazy and don't block the QB who makes the tackle to save a TD. We then proceed to throw 4 straight times from the 5.

Against LSU, First drive and we're driving, Heath already has the first down and fumbles. They scoop it and return it past midfield and end up scoring. 3rd drive, we're again driving and the one time Will should've checked it down where there was NO ONE he decides to throw it in the vicinity of 5 LSU defenders where it's picked off. Then there's the long pass to Palmer where I'm still not certain that we had 11 on the field.

To sum it all up, we don't make many mistakes but when we do they're MASSIVE mistakes.