Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Fowler just nailed Ole Miss to a T

vCash

Ryan Fowler just nailed Ole Miss to a T

Ole Miss is:

?Alabama arrogance with a Vanderbilt Trophy Case?

vCash
    I like Fowler a lot. He's pretty honest about things when it comes to Bama as well as other teams. I'm sure it's a lot easier when you cover Bama, but I do enjoy that he's not a complete homer and sunshine pumper.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Ole Miss is:

?Alabama arrogance with a Vanderbilt Trophy Case?
    Our message boards will implode when OM beats Bama
    No Signature

vCash
    I liked that he called them "Mississippi" and noted as much that Ole Miss doesn't like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Our message boards will implode when OM beats Bama
    They've had defensive analysts looking at OM since the summer. They'll be ready for anything Lane tries to throw at them. They're going to make Conner and the RBs beat them. They're going to make Corral throw the deep ball more than he's comfortable with. The way you slow down that offense is take away the short to intermediate passes that let them get the tempo going wide open.

vCash
    Ole Miss has let some inferior teams put up some points on their defense, and I would think easily that Bama doubles that output.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They've had defensive analysts looking at OM since the summer. They'll be ready for anything Lane tries to throw at them. They're going to make Conner and the RBs beat them. They're going to make Corral throw the deep ball more than he's comfortable with. The way you slow down that offense is take away the short to intermediate passes that let them get the tempo going wide open.
    This and om defense won't stop bama offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I didn't think that one had to be added. Bryce Young might throw for 500 yds on Saturday.

vCash
    Mullen did not like off weeks. The team can get unfocused and will be rusty. He said that they are great later in season to get injuries better but can hurt on field performance. I think the off week will hurt Ole Miss. Corral will have interceptions. Just an opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Mullen did not like off weeks. The team can get unfocused and will be rusty. He said that they are great later in season to get injuries better but can hurt on field performance. I think the off week will hurt Ole Miss. Corral will have interceptions. Just an opinion.
    No doubt. As I said I think Saban is going to bait Corral to throw the deep ball with dummy looks at the line. I think you'll see some Cover 2 to try to bait him to fit it between the corner and safety. I don't think he has the patience, or the line, to be able to hold the ball and try to look that safety off.

vCash
    No doubt. As I said I think Saban is going to bait Corral to throw the deep ball with dummy looks at the line. I think you'll see some Cover 2 to try to bait him to fit it between the corner and safety. I don't think he has the patience, or the line, to be able to hold the ball and try to look that safety off.
    First of all I am not a coach. I have watched all the replays of their games. From what I can see with my untrained eyes is, once the defense sets up, Corral reads it, at that point he knows who he is going to throw too and where he is going to throw it. He does not check down to next receivers, as fast as he can he is throwing the ball to that receiver even if he is going deep. There is not much thinking on his part once the ball is snap which allow him to get rid of the ball fast. Again that's my untrained eyes.

vCash
    First of all I am not a coach. I have watched all the replays of their games. From what I can see with my untrained eyes is, once the defense sets up, Corral reads it, at that point he knows who he is going to throw too and where he is going to throw it. He does not check down to next receivers, as fast as he can he is throwing the ball to that receiver even if he is going deep. There is not much thinking on his part once the ball is snap which allow him to get rid of the ball fast. Again that's my untrained eyes.
    You're not wrong. No inside knowledge but I imagine when Kiffin and him put in the gameplan each week they go through his predetermined read of where he's going with the ball. Basically there's no reading coverage or defense at the line, it's here's where I'm going with the ball and if he's not open I either check down to a back, throw it away, or tuck and run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think the same. OM can score, but their defense is still suspect at best. I think it is about to show that their D is better than last year but not near what they think it is.

Banned
    vCash
    17 Slave Owning Confeds. They can Go to Hell and Die.

vCash
    That's not fair to Vanderbilt. They have 2 natties in baseball.

vCash
    They're going to make Corral throw the deep ball more than he's comfortable with.
    That isn’t possible…… Honestly kid has the biggest arm of any of the college QB’s and will throw the deep ball all day long if they let him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    That's not fair to Vanderbilt. They have 2 natties in baseball.
    Ole Miss has a Women's Golf trophy. That has to count for something along with Oxford Gazette National Championship from the 60s.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I honestly don't know who to root against this weekend. Growing up in Columbus there were more sidewalk Bama fans than OM fans and I have a deep seeded hatred for all things Tide. Living in Lafayette county has giving me not necessarily a hatred for OM, but a strong dislike of their perceived superiority for no reason. This year it's incredibly bad. Neither one of these fanbases handle defeat or success well. Either way, I'll enjoy annoying the hell out of someone in my family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    I honestly don't know who to root against this weekend. Growing up in Columbus there were more sidewalk Bama fans than OM fans and I have a deep seeded hatred for all things Tide. Living in Lafayette county has giving me not necessarily a hatred for OM, but a strong dislike of their perceived superiority for no reason. This year it's incredibly bad. Neither one of these fanbases handle defeat or success well. Either way, I'll enjoy annoying the hell out of someone in my family.
    Kind of like watching a old WWII movie where the Germans are fighting the Russians. No matter who dies a bad person died.

Banned
    vCash
    Kind of like watching a old WWII movie where the Germans are fighting the Russians. No matter who dies a bad person died.
    I wish Hitler had kicked Stalin's ass then Patton coulda continued east and cleaned house.