Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found our guy. Hafferly at Boston College

vCash

I found our guy. Hafley at Boston College

Here is a recent quote from him.

? I don?t care about the yards. I just want to win.
    If we have to run it 40 times to win, we will. If we have to throw it 40 times to win, we will. ?
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 09-27-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I ain't happy right now either but I think it would be best if we give him a year 3. If he ain't happy and thinks he made a mistake coming here then I'd be okay with him saving us some coin to bolt.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Give leach 4 years and see what happens. We can’t just keep firing people
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    If we start hearing that the attitude of the team is dying, and the effort on the field is slacking then we can start to look at other options. But, our youth has lead us to a 2-2 start, we should be 4-0. But, heck we would still be ole missing ourselves over wanting to fire Leach if we were 4-0, some people just cannot be happy.

vCash
    Leach would LITERALLY have a 4-0 record right now if we had a special teams coach that actually taught the rules of the game to the guys we have on special teams.

He and Matt Brock are "allowing it to happen", to use his words.

He won't stand for it much longer, and we will not shoot ourselves in the foot much longer.

Leach aint gettin' fired in year 2. Yall are F'd in the head.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    No respectable coach is coming if we fire a nationally known coach after two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    No respectable coach is coming if we fire a nationally known coach after two years.
    $5 million says "IFFY" to what you say. I don't believe the Pirate will be fired after year two unless he comes unglued with a statement like "Go Kick Some Rocks".

Not sure we can get a polished HC from a D1 program unless we double there pay. Trust me from an ex Coach, money talks especially from a young Coach.

vCash
    I know we aren?t firing Leach unless he goes 4-8 or worse with some bad beat downs and loses the team.

Just pointing out the Hafley thinks like everyone here does. He is 42. He makes $3 million per year. And he has coached at Ohio State and is getting experience at BC as a head coach in a Power 5 conference. 10-5 in his first two seasons in Chestnut Hill.

Of course, Cohen would probably hire a Special Teams Coach in his 1st year to replace Leach.
    Leach needs a come to Jesus meeting with the guys paying his salary. Get his shit together or they will call in Jackie and his Steer making friends to get his attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I ain't happy right now either but I think it would be best if we give him a year 3. If he ain't happy and thinks he made a mistake coming here then I'd be okay with him saving us some coin to bolt.
    Agree with that.

vCash
    We can get a good coach for the money. We got OC coach of year for 1.8M, 5M will get a lot of interest. We don't need Saban, we need a Pittman - the right guy for MSU. Joe nor Leach fit MSU at all. We have lost what has made MSU great - maroon blooded folks. We just getting fly bys now wanting a pay day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I know we aren?t firing Leach unless he goes 4-8 or worse with some bad beat downs and loses the team.

Just pointing out the Hafley thinks like everyone here does. He is 42. He makes $3 million per year. And he has coached at Ohio State and is getting experience at BC as a head coach in a Power 5 conference. 10-5 in his first two seasons in Chestnut Hill.

Of course, Cohen would probably hire a Special Teams Coach in his 1st year to replace Leach.
    Leach needs a come to Jesus meeting with the guys paying his salary. Get his shit together or they will call in Jackie and his Steer making friends to get his attention.
    Do people on here really believe that Cohen hires the football coach (after consulting with Keenum)? If so, they are delusional. The folks who pony up the $$$ to pay the coach (the amount in excess of what the state of Mississippi allows) make the final decision. The so called "cigar boys" play a big role in the final hire. Blame Cohen all you want, but it just shows how little you really know.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Y?all think the penny pinching athletic dept would pay leachs buyout and pay a premium for a coach? Believe it when I see ot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Do people on here really believe that Cohen hires the football coach (after consulting with Keenum)? If so, they are delusional. The folks who pony up the $$$ to pay the coach (the amount in excess of what the state of Mississippi allows) make the final decision. The so called "cigar boys" play a big role in the final hire. Blame Cohen all you want, but it just shows how little you really know.
    Been that way a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Here is a recent quote from him.

? I don?t care about the yards. I just want to win.
    If we have to run it 40 times to win, we will. If we have to throw it 40 times to win, we will. ?
    This guy appears to be good, but you take him and I'll take Dave Clausen at Wake Forrest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    This guy appears to be good, but you take him and I'll take Dave Clausen at Wake Forrest.
    Half this board would be demanding his head in Year 2, and would be tired of him by Year 5. And most of the board would be ready to move on after Year 7.

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2014-present)
    2014 Wake Forest 3-9 1-7
    2015 Wake Forest 3-9 1-7
    2016 Wake Forest 7-6 3-5 W Military
    2017 Wake Forest 8-5 4-4 W Belk
    2018 Wake Forest 7-6 3-5 W Birmingham
    2019 Wake Forest 8-5 4-4 L Pinstripe
    2020 Wake Forest 4-5 3-4 L Duke's Mayo

vCash
    I only blame Cohen for the Leach hire if Cohen actually hired him over Clawson. If Clawson turned us down or didn?t express interest then looking at the big picture we didn?t have much of a choice to go with Leach. Chadwell would?ve been our Sam Pittman, but he was new to coastal Carolina then and still developing the program for a good assessment. Bill Clark would?ve been the only other option and while I think Clark is a good coach he would win the games he is supposed to win but never beat a top team. Basically Mullen 2.0 but a bit worse. Of course I would take that over the results we see now, but we can?t be like Tennessee and consistently hire bad coaches over and over. If Leach doesn?t work out and we have to fire him end of next season then someone needs to step in with actual football knowledge and make the hire.

vCash
    How about we stay away from hiring coaches that don't have SEC experience. We should have learned our lesson by now.

Banned
    vCash
    Yep.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Can this be stickied somewhere? Would be a big time saver fo sho.

vCash
    Okay. I?ll play.

Who were Cohen(read Cigar boys) first, second and third choices before Cohen showed up in a picture with Leach in front of the Leach Pool in Key West?