As you can tell from my username, I'm a Jack Cristil fan. Here's a copy-and-paste from a post I made on SPS soon after Jack's death with a list of some of my favorite phrases.

1. "Don Smith is engineering at quarterback for the Bulldogs. The six-tall youngster hailing from Hamilton, Mississippi reads a four man defensive front with a three-linebacker set."

2. "Head coach Richard Williams is stylishly bedecked in his grey suit, harmonized with his maroon tie."

3. "The Bulldogs are seven yards away from the land of milk and honey, trailing nothing to three with two times out remaining."

4. "John Fourcade is hit and he is dropped, into the customary seating position. They will spot the ball along the forty-four yard stripe, 'they' being the working officials."

5. "The maroon-headgeared, maroon-jersied, white trousered Bulldogs have football possession with the ball equidistant from the sideline stripes, first and three and goal to go."

6. "The Bulldog offensive linemen are performing yeoman duty along the forward wall."

7. "The handoff is to the tailback and he cannot go, as he is stacked up by a writhing mass of humanity along the four yard line, led by Glenn Collins and Johnny Cooks."

8. "It's as cold as a pawnbroker's heart, but this crowd is alive here at Scott Field."

9. "Reggie Collier wants to throw . . . now under pressure and he's hit and dropped for a loss by Aaron Pearson," [Aaron then celebrates wildly] "and Aaron is aroused."

10. "And Dampier slams it in the goal. Kentucky asks for and receives time out, and we'll now pause for these messages on the Mississippi State network from Coke, from State Farm, and from our good friends at Iupe's, on the Square in Canton."