This is truly a knowledge desiring post. I understand State's history of winning is below subpar... we have a losing record. I get that we don't have any national championships in football and reality outside of a blimp during the 30s and 40s and laterish 90's we haven't been good since Mullen got here in 09.

I get all of that! What I don't understand is the idea that we cannot be seen as a destination for a coach to come in here and build a lasting legacy. I feel like we are ripe for the taking, I believe we have the money to get whatever a coach wants here or needs, I believe we have the fan base that actually wants it to happen, we are in the right conference, plush recruiting area, I don't understand the facility talk, we got updated facilities over the past ten years. What more needs to be updated? Like how many saunas and player lounges do players need to feel like its a cool place to be? Our campus is beautiful, we are relevant in other sports, really good in baseball, have been for awhile. I keep hearing that Starkville is not a fun town to be in as a collage kid, like really? Is every other collage town in America so much better than Starkville? I mean seriously? I mean do we need a bunch of night clubs to be added to the scene?

The above is what I don't understand, along with it, the talk that its hard to get high caliber players hear, I feel like that is a bunch of ole miss (BS). If that was the case baseball wouldn't recruit like they do, WB wouldn't have been doing what they were doing a few years ago. Why do we think we cannot get the players hear?

It is just hard for me to buy into the "facts" that State is so far set up for failure that we cannot succeed at a highly sustained level, if the effort is put in.

Is this truly reality or is this a bunch of we are stuck in the 70s-80s talk?