Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- We Won The Stats Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Well after we beat NC state all anyone talked about was how they beat us in total yards. Cant have it both ways.
    I never said one thing about NCstate having better stats. Don't care. The eye test really tells the story of a game more than stats. We outplayed NCstate all day and we are better than NCstate at least that day at home.

It was 24-3 till under minute to play. NCstate like MSU in 3 games got most of their yards when we relaxed the D in the 4th quarter with a big lead. They had something over 200 yards in start of 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I never said one thing about NCstate having better stats. Don't care. The eye test really tells the story of a game more than stats. We outplayed NCstate all day and we are better than NCstate at least that day at home.

It was 24-3 till under minute to play. NCstate like MSU in 3 games got most of their yards when we relaxed the D in the 4th quarter with a big lead. They had something over 200 yards in start of 4th.
    I dont recall calling you out by name. Coach 34 explicitly excused away that win saying nc state out gained us.

I see a team that beats itself currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    34, you make good points. But I have scoured the tweeters, book faces and a few board threads. I have found hope:
    1. Leach won everywhere he has been using the Raid
    2. He's technically in his first season
    3. He's got a secret stash of HIS PLAYERS that will be here soon
    4. The players are young but getting older everyday
    5. Will can't see the deep post and go routes but he's order some good contact lenses
    6. Will is just a placeholder for Sawyer. Sawyer has ran the RAID since kindergarten
    7. The OL sucks but they are making improvements
    8. The reason we don't throw downfield more is because the WRs are lazy route runners but Leach Beach should have that fixed by Wednesday
    9. SloMo Joe destroyed the very being of our football program, I mean he took it totally off course. But the Pirate is correcting the ship!!!

Use this information to edit your SM-QB, Hope Springs Eternal.
    This makes me both laugh and feel like shit....thanks, and **** you!**

vCash
    I dont recall calling you out by name. Coach 34 explicitly excused away that win saying nc state out gained us.

I understand but you said "all anyone talked about" which was not true. Maybe 34 said something but I don't recall any mention by the masses about stats in that game. Only one stat mattered that day or any day for that matter.

vCash
    I understand but you said "all anyone talked about" which was not true. Maybe 34 said something but I don't recall any mention by the masses about stats in that game. Only one stat mattered that day or any day for that matter.
    That is correct. And unless we quit being a stupid team we wont win on the scoreboard any time soon. Thats the biggest flaw I see with this team. Scheme be damned you cant win games making as many head scratching mistakes as this team makes.

vCash

I didnt excuse the win at all. We outplayed them them that day and their plan was awful. What I said in regards to yards was that we had problems with our offense- they outgained us in yards and we only scored 17 points on offense. Two weeks later? We see that we really do have problems on offense scoring points
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I didnt excuse the win at all. We outplayed them them that day and their plan was awful. What I said in regards to yards was that we had problems with our offense- they outgained us in yards and we only scored 17 points on offense. Two weeks later? We see that we really do have problems on offense scoring points
    Yes we do. We cant get out of our own way. The one game we didnt beat ourselves we got a win against a solid team.

vCash
    6. Our 2nd drive of the game was a perfect snapshot of why Leach is not ever going to work:

Marks 5 yard run
    Marks 6 yards run- 1st down
    Pass incomplete
    Rogers pass to Marks for 2 yards
    Rogers checkdown pass to Johnson for 5 yards
    Punt
    That 3rd and 8 was unbelievably bad playcalling. LSU had already established that they were rushing 3 and dropping 8. So on 3rd and 8, we come out with TWO RBs in the backfield, who BOTH run swing routes as check downs. So, we only had 3 guys running routes that could gain a first down, and they had 8 guys covering those 3. Of course, Johnson got 5 on the check down but was met there by a gang of tacklers - no chance to get the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Correct on all counts.

A lot of the optimism after yesterday is just based on hope. LSU isn't a good team.

Enjoy Arnett while we have him. The dude deserves so much better than what he's getting.
    Hes a good coach and has done a good
    Job. But the defense makes the same mistakes they were making a year ago too. I still do not understand why our safeties play the way they do. They are way too over aggressive

Safeties eyes in the wrong place and busted coverages

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Job. But the defense makes the same mistakes they were making a year ago too. I still do not understand why our safeties play the way they do. They are way too over aggressive

Agreed Arnett is a good young coach but you're absolutely right that our safety play has got to improve. Agressive is one thing totally blowing assignments is another.

vCash
    7.89 yards per completion is all that needs to be taken away from this game. Until this number is over 10 the offense will be what we?ve seen through 4 games. We can nitpick blown coverages, a dumb special teams penalty etc but until that number changes it?s gonna be the same thing every week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    7.89 yards per completion is all that needs to be taken away from this game. Until this number is over 10 the offense will be what we?ve seen through 4 games. We can nitpick blown coverages, a dumb special teams penalty etc but until that number changes it?s gonna be the same thing every week.
    I agree with this. The two dropped passes on the seam routes would have helped this number as they would have been good for around 30 yards a piece.

Banned
    vCash
    Year 2 and Leach delivers another gut punch. Last year's crash after LSU win and now this shit. Seems like we otta be 4-0 but without our D, we would be 10X worse and getting our asses totally stomped. My frustration is getting tougher to handle. The dog's starting to slow and fo long ain't gonna be able to hunt if this shit continues. At least for me anyways. Maybe just need a nap.

vCash
    Jr High Coach 34 has hated every coach at MSU because he's jealous as hell that he can't get a job as a high school coach. Douche bag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Jr High Coach 34 has hated every coach at MSU because he's jealous as hell that he can't get a job as a high school coach. Douche bag.
    The monkey is back to fling shit. I’ve coached 17 years in HS. I can’t imagine coaching JR High.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The monkey is back to fling shit. I’ve coached 17 years in HS. I can’t imagine coaching JR High.
    Coaching and head coach are two different things.

vCash

The score was 7-3 at halftime. Their 7 was from a turnover. It appears we won or tied the 1st, and 2nd, and won the 4th quarter but the offense and defense let us down in the 3rd.
    Last edited by Sienfield; 09-27-2021 at 06:59 AM.

vCash
    Seems so far The Pirate hasn't made adjustments in the second half, see Tiger High and Corndogs. It comes down to Coaching losses, and yes turnovers, mistakes and penalties occur but that are things you work on everyday at practice.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Is the wishbone 2021 a product of the offense scheme or the qb not taking risk.

If we attempt more down field passes does it loosen the d on underneath routes and/or open up bigger running plays?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

Against a team that cannot run the ball on us or anybody else. Their OL is garbage. The only way they could have scored on us was the way they did, 3 long TD passes (2 in man coverage and 1 a bust). The other TD, the first one, two players miss a sack. If we drop 8 all day LSU may not even score Saturday. Good defenses shouldn't give up 28 to a one dimensional LSU at home.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-27-2021 at 10:16 AM.