Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucky

vCash

Bucky

Looks like Ol Bucky has thrown in the white towel, or should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Looks like Ol Bucky has thrown in the white towel, or should.
    He may have seen it today.

Some rough throws out there to open WRs. The one to Heath looked like a snap hook off the tee
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    This may be a stupid question, but it is quite obvious that some of you can’t accept it, but here it goes……. You all want to throw Will Rogers to the side yet you still think we will win games without him. This is ignorance, Face it, Rogers is THE BEST OPTION right now. You want to bench him and bring in a freshman that is not ready, mind you this exact scenario happened last year with, you guessed it, Will Rogers. IF there was a legit backup that we currently have, we would have seen them get game rep..much like Rogers did last year in Game 2,3,4,5.. There has been no backup QB enter into a game yet because there is not one worth benching your best option for….. face it, Sawyer ain’t ready, Greek ain’t ready, Lovertich ain’t ready…. Shut the hell up on benching Rogers unless you are ready to phone in the rest of the season….. Rogers needs to just say screw it and start flinging the ball everywhere and deep. He is overly cautious because he saw Costello get pulled, WHY DID COTELLO GET PULLED??? BECAUSE THERE WAS A LEGIT QB IN WAITING….. so finally the question, is phoning in the season after 4 games which you are .500 worth possibly ruining your next QB that you have planned. Confidence is a real thing and lingers.

vCash
    No I was just there in person. I cant spend all my time evaluating QB play on ED. Will Rogers was the best player on offense for MS State today and it was not close. 4 6 and 11 played as bad as they have in their careers. It was embarrassing to watch.

Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24. Polk was good at times but he has a lazy bone too. Pathetic lazy and soft.

Will played as well today outside of one throw that he possibly could have given what he saw and what he got from his WRs. These are facts. Get mad if you want. I have been proven right more than once

vCash
    Walley has been pretty bad all year long and Heath has grown up but it still shows.

Calvin is not all in either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but it is quite obvious that some of you can’t accept it, but here it goes……. You all want to throw Will Rogers to the side yet you still think we will win games without him. This is ignorance, Face it, Rogers is THE BEST OPTION right now. You want to bench him and bring in a freshman that is not ready, mind you this exact scenario happened last year with, you guessed it, Will Rogers. IF there was a legit backup that we currently have, we would have seen them get game rep..much like Rogers did last year in Game 2,3,4,5.. There has been no backup QB enter into a game yet because there is not one worth benching your best option for….. face it, Sawyer ain’t ready, Greek ain’t ready, Lovertich ain’t ready…. Shut the hell up on benching Rogers unless you are ready to phone in the rest of the season….. Rogers needs to just say screw it and start flinging the ball everywhere and deep. He is overly cautious because he saw Costello get pulled, WHY DID COTELLO GET PULLED??? BECAUSE THERE WAS A LEGIT QB IN WAITING….. so finally the question, is phoning in the season after 4 games which you are .500 worth possibly ruining your next QB that you have planned. Confidence is a real thing and lingers.
    Always appreciate your observations! You need to post more.

vCash
    Heath runs a lazy ass fade route thinking he wont get the ball and he does, and doesnt get there bc he jogs off the snap. Calvin has multiple effort lapses in every game and Walley is not playing as hard as he was a year ago. Their body language and effort especially away from the ball and on a lot of routes are terrible. Austin Williams is the best and most consistent WR we have right now. Perfect example is his TD. None of those others fight to get in and they prolly drop it. It was pathetic and infuriating to watch. Polk was better than the other 3 but their routes are often so lazy that it covers up the others

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24.
    And 24 is a walkon, I believe.

I like Will Rogers. Sure I wish he could run better at times...and throw deep more often, but he's a gamer, a leader, and never gets flustered to the point of being completely ineffective. I'm holding out hope that he can win a BIG SEC game for us soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He may have seen it today.

Some rough throws out there to open WRs. The one to Heath looked like a snap hook off the tee
    When you throw it 60 times a game, some of them aren't going to go where you want them to. You need to quit overreacting and being so emotional - it makes you come across as a sophomore poster that still needs experience.

vCash
    Nah I think losing with the future guy at qb can be meaningful. If he's worth a damn he will eventually come around, usually sooner rather than later for those type players. Will is a lost cause at qb. He will continue doing the same shit and getting us the same results. He can't see the field for 3 qtrs and is scared to death to fail and scared to be out there period. Next week same shit, just watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Nah I think losing with the future guy at qb can be meaningful. If he's worth a damn he will eventually come around, usually sooner rather than later for those type players. Will is a lost cause at qb. He will continue doing the same shit and getting us the same results. He can't see the field for 3 qtrs and is scared to death to fail and scared to be out there period. Next week same shit, just watch.
    He is the future. Some of you just forget that he should be a redshirt freshman right now. Your opinion is a lost cause

vCash
    If you think Will Rogers is a lost cause then you might want to start watching something else.. you do realize that Rogers is technically a freshman that you are talking about right? So not sure how the “give the young QB a chance” logic works for others but not with Rogers…. Kind of hypocritical don’t ya think ?

vCash
    If you think Will Rogers is a lost cause then you might want to start watching something else.. you do realize that Rogers is technically a freshman that you are talking about right? So not sure how the “give the young QB a chance” logic works for others but not with Rogers…. Kind of hypocritical don’t ya think ?
    I don't hate Will. I know it comes across that way, but I actually think he's a good game manager & capable of developing into a player that can make the routine play.

My question has always been, do we want to stick with a QB that can only make the routine play or do we want to go with someone with a higher ceiling?

Currently, the higher ceiling guy isn't ready, but how does he get ready if he isn't playing? Is it a chicken or egg deal or is practice reps sufficient to get a guy ready?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't hate Will. I know it comes across that way, but I actually think he's a good game manager & capable of developing into a player that can make the routine play.

My question has always been, do we want to stick with a QB that can only make the routine play or do we want to go with someone with a higher ceiling?

Currently, the higher ceiling guy isn't ready, but how does he get ready if he isn't playing? Is it a chicken or egg deal or is practice reps sufficient to get a guy ready?
    You play the guy that can help you win today. We play games to win not to practice for two years down the road. Quit running Will down in game threads if you don't really think he sucks. I can't stand to read the thread anymore because of the amount of slander from grown men towards teenagers.

vCash
    So I assume you think Rogers is the man? What if you thought Rogers didnt have it? You still gonna put him out there next year?

vCash
    I truly believe if he has a higher ceiling as you say, that CML believes he has a much lower floor that Rogers, otherwise he would be playing.. CML clearly does not have faith in anyone other than Rogers right now. Buck up and get behind the kid, because he is the QB for this year and more than likely next because he offers the best chance of winning. A missed FG today and a none headed special teams play is what cost the game today. Blown calls last week aside, we seem to take the middle of the game off for some reason and that does fall on CML. Have some faith in the guy that has been making millions running this system and was hired to do just that. We (you and I) just need to cheer them on otherwise we would have a headset instead of a keyboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He is the future. Some of you just forget that he should be a redshirt freshman right now. Your opinion is a lost cause
    We lost because of Will Rogers.

vCash
    So I assume you think Rogers is the man? What if you thought Rogers didnt have it? You still gonna put him out there next year?
    Looking at what the coaches see daily and know of this team, YES WILL ROGERS IS THE MAN !!! Can he play better and faster, absolutely, can he trust his arm more and go downfield more, yes. Rogers is the absolute best option we have.

Like Cowbell said, quit running down these young men, especially Rogers, that kid gives his all on the daily and deserves better than what we as a fan base give him.

Just remember he beat out Costello, he beat out Shrader (made him a WR) he beat out Abraham, Loverich, Sawyer and Greek.

Currently yes HE IS THE MAN

vCash
    This is just dumb and I am going to assume you are drunk

Missed FG and special teams flag on jumping the wedge is what cost us the game. Take one of those away, we win today.

vCash
    Defense left 2 guys wide open for walk in TDs.

Special teams missed a field goal and got an absolute stupid penalty (if I were CML I'd make him wear yellow flags all over campus all week)

480 something yards of offense isn't a QB issue. Yes, I'd like to see the 4th qtr comeback Will all game.