Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but it is quite obvious that some of you can’t accept it, but here it goes……. You all want to throw Will Rogers to the side yet you still think we will win games without him. This is ignorance, Face it, Rogers is THE BEST OPTION right now. You want to bench him and bring in a freshman that is not ready, mind you this exact scenario happened last year with, you guessed it, Will Rogers. IF there was a legit backup that we currently have, we would have seen them get game rep..much like Rogers did last year in Game 2,3,4,5.. There has been no backup QB enter into a game yet because there is not one worth benching your best option for….. face it, Sawyer ain’t ready, Greek ain’t ready, Lovertich ain’t ready…. Shut the hell up on benching Rogers unless you are ready to phone in the rest of the season….. Rogers needs to just say screw it and start flinging the ball everywhere and deep. He is overly cautious because he saw Costello get pulled, WHY DID COTELLO GET PULLED??? BECAUSE THERE WAS A LEGIT QB IN WAITING….. so finally the question, is phoning in the season after 4 games which you are .500 worth possibly ruining your next QB that you have planned. Confidence is a real thing and lingers.
    Of course he is the best option, that is our problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No I was just there in person. I cant spend all my time evaluating QB play on ED. Will Rogers was the best player on offense for MS State today and it was not close. 4 6 and 11 played as bad as they have in their careers. It was embarrassing to watch.

Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24. Polk was good at times but he has a lazy bone too. Pathetic lazy and soft.

Will played as well today outside of one throw that he possibly could have given what he saw and what he got from his WRs. These are facts. Get mad if you want. I have been proven right more than once
    There he is glad we didnt lose ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't hate Will. I know it comes across that way, but I actually think he's a good game manager & capable of developing into a player that can make the routine play.

My question has always been, do we want to stick with a QB that can only make the routine play or do we want to go with someone with a higher ceiling?

Currently, the higher ceiling guy isn't ready, but how does he get ready if he isn't playing? Is it a chicken or egg deal or is practice reps sufficient to get a guy ready?
    Believe it or not most championships are won making routine plays, in all sports.

vCash
    No I was just there in person. I cant spend all my time evaluating QB play on ED. Will Rogers was the best player on offense for MS State today and it was not close. 4 6 and 11 played as bad as they have in their careers. It was embarrassing to watch.

Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24. Polk was good at times but he has a lazy bone too. Pathetic lazy and soft.

Will played as well today outside of one throw that he possibly could have given what he saw and what he got from his WRs. These are facts. Get mad if you want. I have been proven right more than once
    I agree that I don't think Rogers is the problem. He may not have an overpowering arm but he is pretty accurate most of the time. I also agree with you about the receivers. Doesn't appear to me that they are giving the effort they should be giving, with the exception is Austin Williams. It also appears to me also that our DBs are getting beat too much. Last week Memphis and today LSU. No excuse for letting a guy get that wide open. We were lucky against NC State-their QB overthrew 2 guys that were wide open for TD's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Believe it or not most championships are won making routine plays, in all sports.
    This ALL DAY !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The one to Heath looked like a snap hook off the tee

More than one of Your post are a complete whiff of the golf ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We lost because of Will Rogers.
    Really? Did he fumble to give them an easier first TD? Did he miss a FG? Did he drop a TD pass? Did he drop multiple deep balls, did he completely not cover anyone on two back to back touchdowns for them? You can't blame a loss like that on one player. It was a collective effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    And 24 is a walkon, I believe.

I like Will Rogers. Sure I wish he could run better at times...and throw deep more often, but he's a gamer, a leader, and never gets flustered to the point of being completely ineffective. I'm holding out hope that he can win a BIG SEC game for us soon.
    Yes 24 is a walk-on - Scoobie Ford. He played at my hometown HS in GA and went to school with my nephew. Good kid who needed to grow up. Happy to see him hit the field yesterday.

vCash

I would have to agree with you. This it is all Will's fault is BS. The same people that blame Will solely brag on stats. You can't have it both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Really? Did he fumble to give them an easier first TD? Did he miss a FG? Did he drop a TD pass? Did he drop multiple deep balls, did he completely not cover anyone on two back to back touchdowns for them? You can't blame a loss like that on one player. It was a collective effort.
    Football is such a team sport; one guy don't win or lose a game. Yes one play can but again there are 22 guys on the field at once.

vCash
    Tell us you don't know what you're watching on Saturdays without saying you don't know what you're watching on Saturdays.

This is Cowboys fans blaming Dak for every loss because of a couple of bad throws/decisions, yet not applying the same standard to everyone else involved in the game.

The idiotic punt wall jumping, missed FG, busted coverage, drops by multiple WR's, and running by the QB on a blitz instead of sacking him on their first TD are all more to blame than Will's play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Did he throw an int in scoring territory? Did he overthrow a wide open td?

This team sucks, period. To totally absolve Rogers of any blame is strange. Can't be the good ole boy from rankin co's fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

This team sucks, period. To totally absolve Rogers of any blame is strange. Can't be the good ole boy from rankin co's fault.
    7 - you need to work on your reading comprehension- reread what I wrote. I in no way took the blame off Rogers - I just made it clear that he's not the only one.

vCash
    My main problem with Rogers is that he still doesn't see the whole field. There were multiple plays yesterday where he had guys open for big gains, and he went to a shorter route that may or may not have been open. However, experience and gaining confidence is the best fix for this. He has to recognize that SEC open isn't HS (or G5) open. He can get there, but dang it's painful watching it.

Then, on top of that, when he finally does make the read and deliver a great throw, the freaking WR drops it more often than not. That's not helping.

I still think it's really the offense/coaching. Leach doesn't have a QB ready to run the offense, but by gosh he's not gonna change. He's just gonna make us fail trying to run his 4 plays instead of coming up with 2 new plays to help his guys out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    My main problem with Rogers is that he still doesn't see the whole field. There were multiple plays yesterday where he had guys open for big gains, and he went to a shorter route that may or may not have been open. However, experience and gaining confidence is the best fix for this. He has to recognize that SEC open isn't HS (or G5) open. He can get there, but dang it's painful watching it.

Then, on top of that, when he finally does make the read and deliver a great throw, the freaking WR drops it more often than not. That's not helping.

I still think it's really the offense/coaching. Leach doesn't have a QB ready to run the offense, but by gosh he's not gonna change. He's just gonna make us fail trying to run his 4 plays instead of coming up with 2 new plays to help his guys out.
    Replay after replay yesterday Will had a deeper route open - he takes too long/can't see it, the window closes - and he takes the RB dump off. This is the number one thing holding this offense back. After that it's the damn drops from receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post

You complain about Will not seeing all these open receivers, then complain that Leach doesn't change his offense. Well if we have open receivers then it means this offense is working. We need the urgent Will to show up all game just not in the 4th quarter and the receivers to do their job. The rest of the team also needs to quit making stupid mistakes.

vCash
    Hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

If you are talking about the pass to Heath that is on Heath. He jogged the entire route then cried like he always does. He has grown up some but he still shows his immaturity when it gets hard. That is totally on Heath hate to tell you. Will threw it like he expected his WR to be giving maximum effort and be was not. Neither did Walley and neither did Calvin.

vCash
    Guys I am not saying Will is perfect or that he never misses or is 100 for 100 on his reads. But he is throwing into 8 sometimes 9 second level defenders with WRs that run lazy ass routes when they arent getting the ball, behind a OL with not very much experience in the scheme. Our WRs lost the game on offense yesterday. Big plays and a stupid selfish mistake by a kid on special teams who has done nothing but be immature since the day he got here cost us.

Just bc a guy looks open after the ball is in the air does not mean he is open.

vCash
    He has grown up some but he still shows his immaturity when it gets hard.
    That's what she said***