Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Texas A&M and Auburn are vulnerable. I think we can beat them if we play a clean game with no stupid mistakes that have been killing us.

Defense can't give up easy TDs like at LSU. Offense needs to score after they get in the red zone whether it's field goals or TDs.
    You forgot to add that the special teams has to not so many drive extending stupid penalties, in other words we have to play like a well coached team- something that has been missing for several years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    No, we don't have to play absolutely perfect to win BUT right now we are sloppy, sloppy, undisciplined football team that has no attention to detail. That is not a scheme issue but I guess it could have some to do with youth if you consider us young or at least inexperienced. And is certainly a coaching issue.

But how about we stop giving our opponent a 7 point head start every week by not only fumbling away the ball on our opening possession every week but doing it over near the sideline where there is nobody to tackle anyone if the defense gets it. How about let's stop being routinely negative in the turnover column in general. Not only is our offense giving away the ball quite a bit but our defense isn't getting a lot back. Forbes INT yesterday was nice but it was so far down the field it equated to a punt. How about our punt team put in a little more attention to detail by controlling the ball when you down it or not committing a personal foul when rushing the punter costing us possessions and points. How about the defense not let a guy get behind them 30 yards and making us look silly for a TD. How about not sending the house on every 3rd down and continuing to give up these huge chunk plays or TDs. Yesterday we gave up 3 TDs on touchdown passes of over 40 yards. How about not missing chip shot FGs. How about when we execute an onside kick we not have a guy run across and illegally bulldoze an opposing player paying no attention to the ball. How about cutting out having twice the penalty yardage of our opponent with routine holding calls and personal fouls (although the holding calls were not an issue yesterday). We could easily be 4-0 right now if we had just played smart, disciplined football and not doing stupid things but I guess maybe that is too much to ask. We are not a top level team by any means nor do we have the talent to be but we've lost the last 2 weeks to teams that are not really that good and that we had every opportunity to beat.
    What you describe is very poorly coached team, especially when nothing seems to get better and we keep making the same mistakes week after week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    No it?s not? The amount of inexperience that this team is playing with is mind blowing, think about the 2013, 2011, 2016 teams. A lot of freaking youth and inexperience. It?s a thing and we have it right now.
    I suspect if we had a normal 2020 with a spring training and a regular season playing G5 OOC games, then in 2021 spring training and up to now things would be a lot better. In my opinion 2020 does not count. They did not get to spend the entire spring and summer of that year being together, working out together. I think that is why so many conferences are down this year. Wake Forest is the best team in the ACC.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-26-2021 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Add Walley to the return or not.
    I didn't want to post but yes that's a solid rumor. Not happy with his being demoted. Might be joining his brother. Lot could change but we have kids who aren't responsive to this staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    What you describe is very poorly coached team, especially when nothing seems to get better and we keep making the same mistakes week after week.
    The O Line was way better yesterday than the first three weeks.

vCash
    Walley played baseball for me for several years and I still talk to him and my son talks to him just about every day. Just want y'all to know he's playing through a dinged up knee and ankle right now and he's NOT planning on going anywhere. I'm not well connected like some of y'all seem to be but I know some
    Of these guys personally and I have for years and this is first hand from him. Take it fwiw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    No, we don't have to play absolutely perfect to win BUT right now we are sloppy, sloppy, undisciplined football team that has no attention to detail. That is not a scheme issue but I guess it could have some to do with youth if you consider us young or at least inexperienced. And is certainly a coaching issue.

But how about we stop giving our opponent a 7 point head start every week by not only fumbling away the ball on our opening possession every week but doing it over near the sideline where there is nobody to tackle anyone if the defense gets it. How about let's stop being routinely negative in the turnover column in general. Not only is our offense giving away the ball quite a bit but our defense isn't getting a lot back. Forbes INT yesterday was nice but it was so far down the field it equated to a punt. How about our punt team put in a little more attention to detail by controlling the ball when you down it or not committing a personal foul when rushing the punter costing us possessions and points. How about the defense not let a guy get behind them 30 yards and making us look silly for a TD. How about not sending the house on every 3rd down and continuing to give up these huge chunk plays or TDs. Yesterday we gave up 3 TDs on touchdown passes of over 40 yards. How about not missing chip shot FGs. How about when we execute an onside kick we not have a guy run across and illegally bulldoze an opposing player paying no attention to the ball. How about cutting out having twice the penalty yardage of our opponent with routine holding calls and personal fouls (although the holding calls were not an issue yesterday). We could easily be 4-0 right now if we had just played smart, disciplined football and not doing stupid things but I guess maybe that is too much to ask. We are not a top level team by any means nor do we have the talent to be but we've lost the last 2 weeks to teams that are not really that good and that we had every opportunity to beat.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All of that can be and on my end will be attributed to a youthful/inexperienced football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    This is simply not true… you can see week after week things are getting better. First week: we cannot block a sole on offensive line second week: not really an issue. Once that was fixed the glaring issue was the Pre snaps penalties. That seems to have been fixed (we will see this week if it’s consistent). All we as fans can do is ask for the obvious to be fixed the next week. It is happening, a lot of our errors are effort or lack of focus errors. I will not put this at the feet of Leach because he has always had really focused teams. You have to look at this being attributed to youthful mistakes.

The moment I don’t see this team caring that is the moment that we need to change. But they constantly are fighting and keeping us in the game until the end even though they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Which I cannot say for a lot of Mullen coached games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I suspect if we had a normal 2020 with a spring training and a regular season playing G5 OOC games, then in 2021 spring training and up to now things would be a lot better. In my opinion 2020 does not count. They did not get to spend the entire spring and summer of that year being together, working out together. I think that is why so many conferences are down this year. Wake Forest is the best team in the ACC.

That’s a really good point. I was looking at scores yesterday trying to figure out how all these teams that are usually really on top seem to be struggling. That makes a lot of sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Walley played baseball for me for several years and I still talk to him and my son talks to him just about every day. Just want y'all to know he's playing through a dinged up knee and ankle right now and he's NOT planning on going anywhere. I'm not well connected like some of y'all seem to be but I know some
    Of these guys personally and I have for years and this is first hand from him. Take it fwiw.
    Thanks for the info… praying it gets healed quick for him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The O Line was way better yesterday than the first three weeks.
    That was probably the brightest spot on offense, but having WR's run freely in the secondary is simply terrible play as was the jumping into the punt block. eitehr we have some poor coaching or some folks that don't pay attention, idk?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Thanks for the info… praying it gets healed quick for him!
    Some have alluded on here to him not running hard or being lazy running routes. It's why you have to be careful saying stuff like that when you may not know everything. What may look like a kids not running hard it maybe he's doing all he can on basically one leg trying to help the team. Just my 2 cents but I've known Jaden for a long time and he's not one to dog it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Some have alluded on here to him not running hard or being lazy running routes. It's why you have to be careful saying stuff like that when you may not know everything. What may look like a kids not running hard it maybe he's doing all he can on basically one leg trying to help the team. Just my 2 cents but I've known Jaden for a long time and he's not one to dog it.
    Roger that! Yeah, I didn’t see him running slowly. You can tell through interviews and how he has played he isn’t a quitter.